More About "time Will Pass You By."

Guest johnrhys1

Guest johnrhys1

Dear Northern Soul fans....

I would like to extend a huge "Thank You" to all of you from my family and I in California. I cannot believe the huge amount of email I have received the last few days. It makes all the years of not knowing and frustration worth while.

Someone asked why I didn't know about the Mala single that was released. After I produced the master tracks for the original session, I knew with the lead vocals which had been sung to the tracks produced, there would be no chance of a company releasing the product and I went on to other pieces of business. Meanwhile, had it not been for Irv Beigle at Amy, Mala, Bell Records, I would never have known about their purchase of the tracks from the original owner. What happened to the tracks after that is still blank for me as I didn't know about any release until the check arrived from Bug Music. I would certainly like to thank the secondary producers for their belief in the song, though I must admit my heart was broken by the fact they didn't mention my work involved. (Perhaps they just didn't know) Mike Theodore and I always thought the track a monster though without a great vocal, it would amount to nothing.

In case you're wondering why I decided to split the song three ways....I figured I had started the song years earlier and had really never completed it until Nick and Dino came along. Their ability to finish the song was the culmination of it all and nothing would have occured had they not completed the work. They earned a third split each as they were as talented as any folks I had met at the time. They went on to make great music together.

Once again, thanks to all of Northern Soul, to Adrian McManus and Soul Source, to Irving Beigle, and most of all, the djs who played "TWPYB" every night somewhere. And lest I not forget....the lady who made it all possible....Ms. Tobi Legend. May the good Lord bless she and her family every day and in every way.

Love to you all....

John Rhys

BluePower.com

post-27614-0-53740200-1336924467_thumb.j

Social source share

• Replies 7
  • Views 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Guest jerrio

Welcome to Soul Source, thanks for sharing and look forward to hearing any stories you might share.Regards.Wrighty.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!