• Replies 12
  • Views 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

It's getting nearer!

The first release on new label Soul Purpose Records will be annouced and available soon.

https://www.soulpurposerecords.co.uk/

are you doing reissues, issues of previously unreleased material, or releasing new material? If not new material, are you focusing on a specific decade or set of years? I'm always excited to hear new material.

EDIT: I mean unreleased old material...

Edited by boba
Social source share

are you doing reissues, issues of previously unreleased material, or releasing new material? If not new material, are you focusing on a specific decade or set of years? I'm always excited to hear new material.

EDIT: I mean unreleased old material...

Both. The reason I set up this new imprint is because my other label - Soul Intention has become more focused on a 70's groove. Whereas Soul Purpose will be pretty much all 60's stuff, with reissue and previously unreleased material sharing the same 45. (on opposite sides of course)

Our first release, which will shortly be announced, is an absolute corker! Even if I do say so myself :)

Edited by phild
Social source share

Both. The reason I set up this new imprint is because my other label - Soul Intention has become more focused on a 70's groove. Whereas Soul Purpose will be pretty much all 60's stuff, with reissue and previously unreleased material sharing the same 45. (on opposite sides of course)

Our first release, which will shortly be announced, is an absolute corker! Even if I do say so myself :)

OK I look forward to it. One piece of advice -- if there's a quality sweet soul side, put it on the flip of the northern side you're reissuing. There are a lot of new hardcore sweet soul collectors who will buy overseas releases, the average collector is desperately struggling to get ahold of new material (which on the UK scene seems mainly the area of the DJs). Make sure to promote both sides. Thanks.

Social source share

I know I'm moaning but please take the embedded sound off. IMHO there is nothing worse on a web site than music starting up when you don't know it is going to. I just click away without bothering to look anymore.

Sorry for the moan.

Social source share

I know I'm moaning but please take the embedded sound off. IMHO there is nothing worse on a web site than music starting up when you don't know it is going to. I just click away without bothering to look anymore.

Sorry for the moan.

OK. When I get back from my business trip (Wednesday), I'll sort it.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!