Looking for Judy

Guest Dan

For obscure (and entirely honourable!) reasons, I'm trying to trace a girl called Judy who used to know Tim Ashibende.

Tim thinks she came from Southampton but can't be sure and he can't remember her surname. He remembers her giving him a bag of records, which she'd found in a junkshop, at a Notts Oddfellows nighter in Leicester sometime in 1982/3.

Trying to get a bit more detail about her but that's it at the moment.

Anyone know who 'Judy' might be and how I can get in touch with her???

Social source share

• Replies 6
  • Views 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Maybe it's Judy Young. She was from Harlow but used to knock around with the Southampton crowd (Budgie, Pete Widdison, Dave Greet etc) and she would definately have known Tim.

Don't know where she lives now, Reading or somewhere round there I think. Think my ex husband is still in touch with her, I'll ask him for an email addy for you.

Social source share

Blimey Gene, you're sharp! I'm not actually after the record - about 22 years late for that - but I am after the story of how it was found...because this was the copy that she gave to Tim that Tim gave to Dave Thorley that was first played at Stafford all those years ago. All part of a little project I'm working on...so is Judy Young the right name as far as you know? (Thanks Alison btw, if you could get me her details that would be great).

Dan

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!