Mark Rez Reduced Price 12" And Lp Set Sales

Shipping (I'll ship anywhere) is extra

Paypal preferred

PM or email on mail@resolutionrecords.co.uk

I've just had to srip out all of the media / YT links below cos of inbuilt upload limitations but 99% of these below are available on YouTube, ok?

Ta...Mark Rez

The Futures 'Party Time Man' (P.I.R / USA / 1978 / Ex+) £20

( Beautiful condition WD promo copy of this Disco / Northern / Modern Soul monster 12"...6:05 mix here - just wonderful strings, like you'd expect... )

Loleatta Holloway 'The Greatest Performance Of My Life' (Gold Mind / USA / 1979 / M-) £5

( Unplayed copy that comes correct in a Salsoul custom baggie - what a voice.......huge NYC / Garage 12" club tune from right back in the day... )

Willie Hutch 'Brother's Gonna Work It Out' / 'In And Out' (Motown / USA / 1982 / M-) £8

( Unplayed copy of this stunning double-sider 12" - topside was originally released in 1973 on the 'Brother's Gonna Work It Out' OST - re-done here with added disco strings / vamps etc etc - flip is a classic in it's own right and needs no help from me...still in shrink... )

Eddie Russ 'Zaius' (Impact / France / 1980s / M-) £20

( Rare French-pressed 12" of this amazing tune - Jazz-Funk just don't get better than this for me....with 'See The Light' and 'Tea Leaves' on the flip too - mastered @ 45 RPM for maximum speaker damage...lovely, lovely thing and a great copy here too - has to be rare, right? UNPLAYED COPY... )

Marvin Gaye 'The Songs Of Marvin Gaye' (Jobete / USA / 1974 / M-/M-) £5

( Unplayed copy of this DJ 'segued' career kinda perspective curio from Motown...I guess they were trying to max MG's back cat - never, ever seen this before anywhere and zero info on the net - like an old-fashioned mix too, I guess...? Hopelessly rare...little excerpt to 'What's Happening Brother' below... )

Ben E. King 'Supernatural' (Atlantic / UK / 1976 / Ex/Ex) £8

( Great LP on Ben with 'Supernatural Thing pts 1 & 2' , 'Drop My Heart Off' , 'Extra Extra' and also the often-overlooked Lou Courtney 'What Do You Want Me To Do' cover version - stunning dancer...few scuffs to wax and really minor wear to sleeve - top, top LP... )

Main Ingredient 'Tasteful Soul' (RCA / USA / 1970 / VG/M-) £5

( Lovely copy - just a 3" top seam split - easily repairable - with the wonderful 'Magic Shoes' - pure West Coast...we also get 'I'm So Proud' , 'Somebody's Been Sleeping' , 'Need Her Love' etc - lovely LP... )

Bobby Womack 'Roads Of Life' (Arista / UK / 1979 / VG+/Ex) £8

( Sad to hear that BW ain't been too well lately...I hate to have to say it but I ain't a big Bobby Womack fan - his voice grates on me a bit + I don't always like his 'sound' - know what I mean? It's a bit too 'Southern' for me - BUT - not this LP - this is simply solid - so many tracks - 'How Could You Break My Heart' , 'Give It Up' , 'The Roots In Me' , 'The Roads Of Life' etc etc - pure quality - UK issue copy...few creases / slight ringwear to sleeve - vinyl much better... )

The Brixton Market 'Black Funk' (Beacon / UK / 1969 / VG/VG) £4

( Sleeve intact but a little beat-up, vinyl marked but plays loud...classic Rocksteady / covers LP with 'Al Capone' , 'Bangarang' , 'Ride Your Donkey' , 'Seven Letters' , 'Hold Me Tight' etc etc...bargain... )

Celia Cruz 'Homenaje A Los Santos' (Seeco / USA / 1960s / VG+/Ex) £20

( Possibly this lady's rarest 60s LP? Consistently goes high on the evil one so, maybe, yeah........I know this gal's voice ain't to everybody's taste but to my mind, she can't put a foot wrong....please! This lady has forgotten more about music than mosta us will ever remember....'Baila Yemaya' is the tune here - sneaky little Mambo builder from right outta the Cuban Premier League, my friend...check it..!! Stunning condition kids, sleeve clean and wax not far behind - mildly scuffed - but still a very high grader......"Top Gear" as they say... )

The Gilberto Sextet 'Yes, I Will' (Tico / Japan / 1993 / M-/M-) £10

( Unplayed Jap reissue from the early-90s - almost 20 years old itself now...quality Latin / Jazz / Boogaloo piece with loadsa good Club tracks: 'El Barrio' , 'Mozambique' , 'Yes I Will pts 1 & 2' etc etc - a stunner...amazing condition........ )

Tito Puente 'Exitante Ritmo' (Tico / USA / 1963 / VG+/VG) £8

( 'Cochise' here is the LICK...sleeve is nice but the wax is kinda scuffy so half-priced....dnap as they say........ )

Edited by Guest
Social source share

soul auctionsTap here for 24hr ebay Lists  Sign in to Switch Ebay Lists OFF 
  • Replies 0
  • Views 731
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!