Are You Embarrassed By Your

Guest dundeedavie

James Horatio Ignatius O'Connor, aka Jock

Christ Almighty!! I thought mine was bad David Henry LLewellyn Hudson

Social source share

I was given this name years ago, i think it's my outlook on life & my dj ing methods lol :pirate: , my old cohort when we we djing together got tagged with me & we were the two Coalvlle tosspots, you may know this gentleman as the othertosspot on this site :wink: , i'm now happily married to (on this site) mrs tosspot :rolleyes:

KTF people :wave:

• Helpful 1
Social source share

IANCSLOFT...STRIKES TERROR With certain collecters/ dj,s whenever they,ve been up in my loft

they always go home ££££ lighter lol :yes::P

And Mr Cunliffe people still come up to me & call me Ian :D

Mine's a bit predictable and boring but i'm kinda attached to it now.

I kinda identify a lot of folk on here by their avatar anyway as opposed to the username.

Gee thanks :)

I was given this name years ago, i think it's my outlook on life & my dj ing methods lol :pirate: , my old cohort when we we djing together got tagged with me & we were the two Coalvlle tosspots, you may know this gentleman as the othertosspot on this site :wink: , i'm now happily married to (on this site) mrs tosspot :rolleyes:

KTF people :wave:

And I'm marrying Cunnie's Honey (also on this site) later this year :thumbup:

Now the username explanation. Have always been Cunnie on here & it dates back to when I used to write for Manifesto.

Was chatting to Manifesto's editor Mike Ritson & he suggested a nickname for my column & I was listening to Cunnie Williams at the time so it sort of stuck.

Sadly it's now't to do with me being able to lick my eyebrows (or other parts of my anatomy!) as some have said in the past :P

Martin 'Cunnie' Dixon.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

When I joined I was relatively new to the internet and for some reason felt a bit uneasy using my real name, don't know why, anyway fast forward a few years and I started to think maybe my real name would be better, but thought it might be confusing,

Compromise - I put my real name as my signature :thumbsup:

Social source share

When I joined I was relatively new to the internet and for some reason felt a bit uneasy using my real name, don't know why, anyway fast forward a few years and I started to think maybe my real name would be better, but thought it might be confusing,

Compromise - I put my real name as my signature :thumbsup:

:thumbsup:

Do you like a cake Pete?

Social source share

If I had a pound ........oh never mind :D

Check the avatar Pete, after decades of cake jibes a certain Theresa Price called me Cakeboy and it's kinda stuck :thumbsup:

I knew you'd have heard it a million times and I saw the cake. :)

Your surname reminded me of my ex's dad Mick who was from Preston. I went to Eccles market with him a few times - and we bought cakes. He passed away a few years ago and I was very fond of him. So there was a melancholy touch to my post. I wasn't just being cheeky!

• Helpful 1
Social source share

I knew you'd have heard it a million times and I saw the cake. :)

Your surname reminded me of my ex's dad Mick who was from Preston. I went to Eccles market with him a few times - and we bought cakes. He passed away a few years ago and I was very fond of him. So there was a melancholy touch to my post. I wasn't just being cheeky!

Pete, though I live near Eccles my surname is surprisingly uncommon, but because of the town people are very familiar with the name, I was chatting to a chap at a doo in Peterborough last year and when I told him my surname he thought it was hilarious, in a good way,

My eldest daughter works as a liaison officer in a school in Salford and it's all she can do to explain to some of the pupils that 'Miss Eccles' doesn't mean she is one step nearer the 'Miss England' title :D

Social source share

i am usually called cod or coddy

i am from derby

i,m not the other coddy from derby who is older and called steve something

that is me in my avatar

one of the above is a lie

martyn coles from chaddesden derby, aged 52

Yeah right..... "Fire up the Quattro" :D

Edited by soulman
Social source share

Sometimes people don't believe I'm me when they actually meet me such is the strength of the view they form on here. :lol:

Or they come out with the alternative...OOOh You Are Just The Same In The Flesh.....and i think..What??...A Gobby Cow :D like i give a F***K...ha ha haaaa..Delxxxxxx

Social source share

Guest DaveSwift

in general i agree with Mike Lofthouse (or whatever his real name is) it doesn't matter along as tou sign your posts properly but using your own name perhaps suffixed/prefixed

i can understand that some people might want to hide their identity (particularly girls living alone) but that is not the necessary for majority i would recommend use your own name perhaps suffixed to your home town or whatever you feel known by

a lot of my friends are on soulsource but i cannot identify them from their posts.

Social source share

I thought it a good idea to call yerself something. I used to think people that called theirselves their own name didnt want to play. I must have been mistaken. My full name as always been on my profile from day one. I,m not gonna change mine. I quite like it. :wink:

Social source share

No it isn't. :wicked::D

Apparently you like to play chess while your fishing though!

ah yep the "private real name" only shows to the member and site team

have just added a "public real name" which shows to all members and can be added via below

now you and all members if wish can now enter your own real name here - which then shows on your profile to all mumbers

couple of good points from jocko and ian and so have just added a "real public name" field to the profile

basically all members can now add their "public real name " and itwill show on the profile to all members

there is already a "private real name" field that members must fill in before access but that only shows to the site

i will post more later on this in a separate post - as with all stuff like this the hardest thing is making all members aware

https://www.soul-sour...e&module=usercp

• Helpful 1
Social source share

I quite like my display name (thank god )Ive had it for 50yrs & 9 months :D

yep always been stuck with my name for 51 yrs now, no point in changing it now.....been called worse :lol:

edited for Mr B :P

Edited by grant
Social source share

Guest mickeyfish58

when i was 10 years old i had pet aligator and everyday bought a goldfish from petshop to feed it and charged school mates 2 old pennies to watch and from that day on school mates called me mickeyfish. and that is the truth

Social source share

when i was 10 years old i had pet aligator and everyday bought a goldfish from petshop to feed it and charged school mates 2 old pennies to watch and from that day on school mates called me mickeyfish. and that is the truth

or is that load of old CODS wallop???
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

Guest Sharon H

Shazz C .....thats me ...short and sweet :wicked: ......I dont have a problem with anyones profle names , its is nice to see them sign off with their real name though :thumbsup: .......would be nice to see more people putting pics up of themselves though ......or maybe not in some cases :g::lol:

Shazz

x

Social source share

Shazz C .....thats me ...short and sweet :wicked: ......I dont have a problem with anyones profle names , its is nice to see them sign off with their real name though :thumbsup: .......would be nice to see more people putting pics up of themselves though ......or maybe not in some cases :g::lol:

Shazz

x

Same here on the short & sweet bit, Alison H. No need for my surname, even though I am a proud Hamilton :thumbsup:

There used to be a facility on here where you could upload a personal photo on your profile page, and leave the Avatar as whatever you liked. That worked better for me, as the only people taking a peep (don't think many did though :lol: ) were members on here, and that was cool in my book. I'm not comfortable having a photo of me as my Avatar (even though LMD could be my twin lol) just because it would seem like I was talking to myself in a mirror whenever I posted :lol:

Ali x

Edited by Alison H
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

Guest mickeyfish58

Shazz

x

yeah i sure bet some pics would frighten a police horse[ mine included] - thought i better include myself before pete eccles did :shhh:
Social source share

Message boards aren't real life, I don't mind knowing specific message board characters by their message board name. I guess it's different if you're going to events and seeing the same people though. What is weird is getting facebook friend requests from people who I don't know by their real name who are on here. If anybody was offended by me not accepting your friend request, that is why (I didn't know who you were) sorry.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

I use my proper name BUT every so often I get called Foggy which was my nickname for years when I lived down in Bedford. Winnie contacted me via Foggy, took me back I must say. Not really sure how I became Foggy, maybe cos my surname is not common? Maybe because in the 60,s there were 2 footballers called Foggo and Foggon ( I think). Maybe a derivative of that. Still all good fun.

Steve Foran

Maybe it was from when you were acting in Last Of The Summer Wine? :D

Social source share

I do think nowadays it would be good to have peoples names on their profile somewhere, I do sign my more contentious posts with full name, though suspect large chunk know it already, it appears on a number of dartboards I believe.

I am more embarrased in real life since swathes of people, some good friends now only know me as this, which was kinda cute at first but sometimes now confusing. It took my mother 20 years to allow people to call me Jock, so Jocko would definitely be stretching it...

James Horatio Ignatius O'Connor, aka Jock

Here's me struggling to come to terms with Leonard John Toshack after all these years :ohmy:

But you've made me feel a whole lot better Jock :P

Lenny

Social source share

Is this the "user names anonymous" thread ?? :lol: everyone is finally admitting who they really are . . .

so hello, my name is helen and i'm from norwich and i am rather partial to a good ol' dance when i can get it :hatsoff2: i'm not telling you my surname as i find that too personal to reveal you've got to leave something to the imagination havent you??)

i used to a bit embarassed by the norwich part of my name, as norwich is a slightly embarassing place to come from . . . i was very embarassed when they got relegated from the championship (would that be the 2nd or 3rd division these days?), then it got better when they went up again, now we're premiership i am proud to shout my name to anyone who cares to know it :thumbup:

i'dprobably be embarassed if i ever broke my leg or my ankle, or when i finally get too old to dance . . . :(

Social source share

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Drewes

Well i couldn't have my christian name sonia .... it had gone, so resorted to my works ID for my current surname since marriage and divorce 18 odd years ago. Was born Sonia Clements ...... my little brother was I know known to a number of you on the scene, particularly on the east coast.... Clem. Love the mix when I go to soul do's and aquaintances refer to me as Sonia / Drewes / Clem .... they are all me.... its who I am! x

Social source share

Maybe it comes from growing up in a big city and having bars on our windows (to keep people out, not in), but I like some privacy choice. This is a public forum, open to ANYONE on the internet to read. You can find a real name, their birthday, details about private lives if they put themselves 'out there' a bit, when they're out "clubbing" and sometimes when they're on holiday. Great for identity theft, just for starters :g: - and much less hassle then Facebook hacking I'd guess.

Some people have conservative jobs where social and professional on-line personalities are best kept very separate. Googling others happens as the norm for work contacts, but a few years ago someone at work simply got curious after overhearing bits of my phone conversations and I found myself removing my surname from our website, embarassed that others wanted to see what he saw. Maybe we also simply don't want work mates knowing about our strange world of soul or collection fetishes. It's just easier not to confuse them with something they'll never understand :D .

At the same time, there have been certain people who have been very shitty with their behaviour on Soul Source, then hidden behind obscure user names. I personally would prefer if they were outed more :yes: .

m

Social source share

Guest Bluebell

Hmm well my real name is Pamela anderson which people dont belive or think i think im some super model or love myself so i prefer to not use my real name at all . Bluebells are simple but just nice and id say that does for me but feel rude signing bluebell so always sign from pam or pamela

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!