Hyperions Why You Wanna Treat Me This Way

It was first played by Steve Smith 86ish, maybe 87? Rob Marriott borrowed if off Steve and that was the last Steve saw of it :lol: Took some time to go massive but eventually it got there. Sure Steve will tell the full story once he reads this.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

It was first played by Steve Smith 86ish, maybe 87? Rob Marriott borrowed if off Steve and that was the last Steve saw of it :lol: Took some time to go massive but eventually it got there. Sure Steve will tell the full story once he reads this.

:lol: ,sounds about right Chalky.....always remember Rob pulling into B&Q carpark alongside me one Sunday morning (i was going in for diy bits..),he jumps out his green chevette and says "Get ya ears round this youth" and plays Hyperions + many other new biggies of the time off a cassette..

• Helpful 1
Social source share

It was hammered well before the 90's. I remember Rob playing it three times at 100 club one night, probably 1987, he said I'm gonna play this till you dance :lol: he then continued to hammer it through the late 80's and 90's.

I was just going to say that! One of the great DJ lines ever :thumbup:

Social source share

I remember Rob playing it three times at 100 club one night, probably 1987, he said I'm gonna play this till you dance :lol:

PMSL...I was there that night...fabulous track...comes with two different titles on the label as well...both rare...not many demos around either :hatsoff2:

post-9555-0-69154500-1338210247_thumb.jp

Social source share

Guest giant

Chalky is correct with the year 'i remember it well 87 Steve Smith and Rob marriott in the 90's

Social source share

first played out Dave Goldswains birthday party the night Arenal won the league at Liverpool exact date!!! John Buck even taped it (and got a cut of it)

Then i played it at Leicester Holy Cross-Failed miserably,

Roundabout Gloucester(early doors) Hard work -a little interest

Coventry all nighter(again early) only real interest-Chris Ashby always good taste

Then one night i took it to Trotters in Mansfield and right at the begining played it to Rob Marriott who was doing the 100 club the next night................Never got it back :( he did give me three hundred quid i think

I bought it as an unknown of John Manship (70 quid i think) i happened to be doing some work at his place and he just had a box(fu++ng big box) of stuff arrived from the states, at the same time i came away with Harry Deal (covered as Bobby Paris by me- later recovered as Johnny Dixon by Gary Spencer) Phonetics-just a boys dream, Little Wooden Soldier-The Little Wooden Soldiers and another thing on Cobra that i can´t for the life of me recall but i know i sold it to Ady from Hinkley

Boring and strange little details we remember??.........Another point John hadn´t even recorded it for his then famous tape base!!

Steve

Didn´t Richard Domar find a few of these later?

Spot on, as I recall there were quite a few of these about at the time, I bought mine off Tim Brown who like most of the main dealers had a few and as you say they did sell for around the £70 mark at the time. Had a reasonable offer for mine and sold it in the early 90's, still sounds good.

Social source share

wouldn't part with mine either Keith..... just ooooozzzzzzzzzzz's with that magic sound

im keeping my copy too...have been asked a few times to sell though

atb moldie

Social source share

Great 45 ive not got enough fingers n toes to count the number of copies i got in the 90,s, sold Mick H a copy at the Dome , the Wonderful Mrs Molloy , the legendary Dave Trusscott , sold quiet a few at Lowton Civic and the Ritz allniters had a good source in Detroit which Dave Skeen and Kev Barrett found on a trip stateside , Rob use to play it same time has George Jay which he had covered ...

Social source share

Guest Brooky

Is it a male of female singer ....??????

Sounds like a man.... if it is then the words are 'gay' so to speak......listen and you'll see what I mean!!! ("....could be, she's just a passing fancy.....")

post-26636-0-14690500-1338314529_thumb.j

'Er...was it something I said....? Who was the lead singer?

Edited by Brooky
Social source share

first played out Dave Goldswains birthday party the night Arenal won the league at Liverpool exact date!!! John Buck even taped it (and got a cut of it)

I remember that night think I DJ'd as well, Rugby Club or something wasn't it, think Tony Warot was on too?

Social source share

Is it a male of female singer ....??????

Sounds like a man.... if it is then the words are 'gay' so to speak......listen and you'll see what I mean!!! ("....could be, she's just a passing fancy.....")

post-26636-0-14690500-1338314529_thumb.j

'Er...was it something I said....? Who was the lead singer?

i think the group has male/ female members anyway and the lead vocal appears to be male ( might not be the case)....but if anyone now has a problem with this 45 i`ll take it off your hands :D

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!