7" Record "bag" Holds 80 45's - Whaddya Think?

Under the front flap there is additional packet for cables, record middles and rizlas.

:lol:

Actually, it looks as if it could be quite good. One concern would be if there is no rigid support on the walls or edges. If the only thing keeping it in shape is the 45s themselves, I'd be a bit concerned until someone told me they'd used one and judged it to be sound.

Also, the 80 disc capacity - is that with them in paper or card sleeves??

Social source share

Thier are other ones on the market!

There sure are. I think Daptone made them first many years ago. Jazzman did some a few years ago which I bought. Both look and are pretty similar to the one posted here. They're all padded pretty well yet because they aren't rigid I'd be afraid of discs cracking.

Don't know if you guys are familiar with these plastic 7" boxes here:

2030.jpg

Had one lying around useless, cut off a bit. They now fit in precisely in the bag.

Social source share

I've seen better ones than this but only what other people have bought, never seen them for sale............an stupidly never asked where they got it from.

Ideally the bag needs to have a rigid padded structure to suit it's purposes, without it then it's not a suitable mode of transport for records really

Social source share

Guest Brett F

I played in Aachen Germany earlier this year, previously having played Hamburg when a crowd of us went, this time i went alone, i took a album shoulder bag and a Magma 100x 45' singles bag, (Going to Hamburg i had the Magma bag as carry on luggage, a friend took my album bag as his hand luggage). Anyway point of story, going to Aachen, Ryanair charged me for having an extra piece of luggage (charge £50!) Ok my mistake i only pre booked one piece of hand luggage, so i looked at situation, felt more confident that Magma singles would survive being in the hold of the aircraft, i kept LP's with me..A nervous hour plus later, i retrieved the Magma bag off the carousel...No problem at all, everything safe and sound, conclusion for me is depending on what you need a bag/box for, if you have expensive records then get the best bags/boxes you can afford. (Note; I would never normally let my records go into the hold of an aircraft, not only danger of damage but lost luggage scenario, but that's a personal choice.)

Edited by Brett F
Social source share

I played in Aachen Germany earlier this year, previously having played Hamburg when a crowd of us went, this time i went alone, i took a album shoulder bag and a Magma 100x 45' singles bag, (Going to Hamburg i had the Magma bag as carry on luggage, a friend took my album bag as his hand luggage). Anyway point of story, going to Aachen, Ryanair charged me for having an extra piece of luggage (charge £50!) Ok my mistake i only pre booked one piece of hand luggage, so i looked at situation, felt more confident that Magma singles would survive being in the hold of the aircraft, i kept LP's with me..A nervous hour plus later, i retrieved the Magma bag off the carousel...No problem at all, everything safe and sound, conclusion for me is depending on what you need a bag/box for, if you have expensive records then get the best bags/boxes you can afford. (Note; I would never normally let my records go into the hold of an aircraft, not only danger of damage but lost luggage scenario, but that's a personal choice.)

Yes, was about to mention the Magma 7" bags, very good quality stuff and very practical and solid when travelling (not necessarily by plane).

https://www.magma-bags.de/produkte/single-bag-150-irie-2-e.php3

pics on the page here doesn't do it justice as the bag looks nicer.

Social source share

got a daptone one - i put a small record box in 5" wide that holds 50 ish tunes

for safety + 3" card box too

Same here, i bought one of the Daptone ones and butchered an old record box to make it fit in so it has adequate protection.

Ideal for traveling (especially with airlines that only allow one piece of luggage - thank you Ryanair!).

Wouldn't trust this style of bag without some added protection though!

Social source share

I've used all kind of bags n boxes to carry the 45s in, fly quite a bit over the pond, wouldn't put them in the hold, if I can't carry em I don't go

Really up to the individual to take care of them I've used cooler bags, tesco carrier bags, all sorts and never had a problem.... These bags look great for the price but I'll stick with what I got

Social source share

Guest Brett F

Out of interest here's a link on ebay with the bag i have, as a none driver and having traveled up and down the UK and abroad to play records i can vouch that this is very practical, as opposed to travel with my 'Swanflight', box.Its too heavy to walk any distance with and the handle hurts my hand ( By car its brilliant the Swanflight.. it'll withstand shocks etc) It states it holds 150 7" singles, but mine are all card sleeves with paper inners, i reckon more like 115. Like i said depends on what you want a bag for or how you intend to travel if you are dee-jaying be it in the UK or further afield all down to personal choice.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Magma-7-Single-Bag-150-II-black-/200766371632?_trksid=p3284.m263&_trkparms=algo%3DSIC%26its%3DI%26itu%3DUCI%252BIA%252BUA%252BFICS%252BUFI%26otn%3D21%26pmod%3D250973188507%26ps%3D54

Social source share

Out of interest here's a link on ebay with the bag i have, as a none driver and having traveled up and down the UK and abroad to play records i can vouch that this is very practical, as opposed to travel with my 'Swanflight', box.Its too heavy to walk any distance with and the handle hurts my hand ( By car its brilliant the Swanflight.. it'll withstand shocks etc) It states it holds 150 7" singles, but mine are all card sleeves with paper inners, i reckon more like 115. Like i said depends on what you want a bag for or how you intend to travel if you are dee-jaying be it in the UK or further afield all down to personal choice.

https://www.ebay.co.u...973188507&ps=54

Must admit Brett,i`m getting fed up lugging swanflight record boxes about ,especially when i have to travel on train.7" box not a problem but lp box can be agro,especially if you got luggage as well.Don`t get me wrong,great record boxes,for me the best.There`s gotta be a better way.

Any body know of good lp trolley`s for sale anywhere?I`ve seen where you can stack the 7" on top which would make things easier.

Social source share

Must admit Brett,i`m getting fed up lugging swanflight record boxes about ,especially when i have to travel on train.7" box not a problem but lp box can be agro,especially if you got luggage as well.Don`t get me wrong,great record boxes,for me the best.There`s gotta be a better way.

Any body know of good lp trolley`s for sale anywhere?I`ve seen where you can stack the 7" on top which would make things easier.

My sentiments exactly. I bought a shopping trolley from Argo for £20, the type you see old ladies using lol. Ripped the bag off and use elasticated straps to hold the box on. Does the job perfectly, and £40 cheaper than the specific DJ trolleys.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Guest Brett F

Hi Wayne this is mine https://www.decks.co.uk/products/dj_bags/udg_bags/udg_trolleybag_black_deluxe, the Magma 7" has a loop that allows it to safely slip over the telescopic handle, fantastic for travel, i used it at Morecambe weekender, and at your place in London, UDG didn't have a small enough 7" bag, i did previously order one but it was huge so i sent it back. But Dave Rimmer is far more experienced with the dj game and travel than i am, so Dave's route works for him, just about choices really, what suits the individuals needs .

Social source share

Guest Brett F

My sentiments exactly. I bought a shopping trolley from Argo for £20, the type you see old ladies using lol. Ripped the bag off and use elasticated straps to hold the box on. Does the job perfectly, and £40 cheaper than the specific DJ trolleys.

Hi Dave i do remember being with you and Mark Bicknell when you both played at London (was it the time we took that small coach ? ) you had a huge bag with wheels, almost like a golf bag .

Social source share

Hi Dave i do remember being with you and Mark Bicknell when you both played at London (was it the time we took that small coach ? ) you had a huge bag with wheels, almost like a golf bag .

I've still got that bag, well an updated version (Quick tip if you use bags from Argos to carry records: They will be wrecked in about 6 - 9 months from the weight. Keep the receipt and take it back to Argos, they will give you a brand spanking new one under the 12 months guarantee. I've probably had ten big wheeled holdalls, and only paid for three :lol: )

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Hi Wayne this is mine https://www.decks.co....ag_black_deluxe, the Magma 7" has a loop that allows it to safely slip over the telescopic handle, fantastic for travel, i used it at Morecambe weekender, and at your place in London, UDG didn't have a small enough 7" bag, i did previously order one but it was huge so i sent it back. But Dave Rimmer is far more experienced with the dj game and travel than i am, so Dave's route works for him, just about choices really, what suits the individuals needs .

Bloody hell Brett, those are £140 !

Social source share

UDG trolleys are the Rolls Royce of record carriers. Just got to look how many House DJ's have stopped lugging heavy boxes around & started using the trolleys instead.

Now that Magma have made a good quality 7" padded bag that fits over the handle of the trolley it's perfect for people like me & Brett who do the occasional weekender where we need both 12"/albums & also 7" singles. Also carry CD's in mine (Modden DJ allegedly LOL) & there is space for extra's like headphones, middles, cartridges, torch etc.

As for the cost, just think for a minute of the value of the vinyl you are carrying & view it as insurance.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!