Willington Mini-nighter December 28th

Dont forget about the ever-brilliant Willington Mini-allnighter will be taking place this Wednesday, December 28th. This year it will be a two roomed event (after 11.00). willington is easy to find, just off the A38 between Burton and Derby. The venue is the power station social club and the night runs from 8.00pm until 4.00 am and will be an absolute packer, last year was a lock out so get there early! DJs on the night are soul Sam, Sean Chapman, Chris Anderton, Jo Wallace and residents, Denmac,Rob and Austin.Record dealers welcome, cheap bar etc.... This is always a great night....look forward to seing some of you there...... For more info call Rob on 01332 540530.

• Replies 7
  • Views 872
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

I don't know if this is is just me but after my second visit to Willington, I've found it the most clicky place I've visited on the soul scene. Not exactly unfriendly, but no-one seems to want to talk to you and the general vibe is more like civvy street than a soul venue. blush.gif For me, making new friends from around the country is a big part of the soul scene. I was also pretty dissapointed with the music as it seemed to be about 60% modern which brings us back to the old argument of why play modern in the main room when you have seperate modern room. However, the floor was mainly full whatever was played and it's a cracking venue. ph34r.gif

Dont forget about the ever-brilliant Willington Mini-allnighter will be taking place this Wednesday, December 28th. This year it will be a two roomed event (after 11.00). willington is easy to find, just off the A38 between Burton and Derby. The venue is the power station social club and the night runs from 8.00pm until 4.00 am and will be an absolute packer, last year was a lock out so get there early! DJs on the night are soul Sam, Sean Chapman, Chris Anderton, Jo Wallace and residents, Denmac,Rob and Austin.Record dealers welcome, cheap bar etc.... This is always a great night....look forward to seing some of you there...... For more info call Rob on 01332 540530.

You miserable olg git Williams....it was a great night...music was top drawer...dont think Jo Wallace played too many modern tunes....ok Sam and I did but thats what they were dancing to...even then I played 50/50 and some of the 70s tunes just had to be played on the night as they were regular spins at the monthly soul-night.

I attend the venue every month and its always a good night...the xmas one is always a bit strange as ther are a lot of out of travellers who dont usually come (350 which is capacity)....thats not to say they dont enjoy themselves...its just a different kinda night.....a bit like Albrighton was different when they had the nighters instead of the soul nights.

From where I was standing it looked like everyonew was having a ball......

Maybe you were just on a downer because Crewe lost again!

Chris.

Hey Chris, you must be mixing me up with someone else! I was trying to be observational, rather than critical and I was writing my gut re-action on the night. And as you rightly say, everyone looked like they were having a good time. Oh and I'm a Northampton Town fan and our game was postponed against Notts County! :thumbsup:

You miserable olg git Williams....it was a great night...music was top drawer...dont think Jo Wallace played too many modern tunes....ok Sam and I did but thats what they were dancing to...even then I played 50/50 and some of the 70s tunes just had to be played on the night as they were regular spins at the monthly soul-night.

I attend the venue every month and its always a good night...the xmas one is always a bit strange as ther are a lot of out of travellers who dont usually come (350 which is capacity)....thats not to say they dont enjoy themselves...its just a different kinda night.....a bit like Albrighton was different when they had the nighters instead of the soul nights.

From where I was standing it looked like everyonew was having a ball......

Maybe you were just on a downer because Crewe lost again!

Chris.

Hey Chris, you must be mixing me up with someone else! I was trying to be observational, rather than critical and I was writing my gut re-action on the night. And as you rightly say, everyone looked like they were having a good time. Oh and I'm a Northampton Town fan and our game was postponed against Notts County! :thumbsup:

Seems as though Chris thinks you are Keith Williams (of Soulsearcher records) mate

Seems as though Chris thinks you are Keith Williams (of Soulsearcher records) mate

Yeah I did! I`ve even been doing a deal with Keith lately and even eluded to it during our emails...bet he wonders what I was on about!

Oh well....Northampton town...should be headed for promotion this year....I remember seeing York play you off the park there and come away with a 1-1 draw...thats when we were in the league of course!

If you ever get to Willington again mate come over for a chat...we are not as scarey as we look!

Happy new year.

Chris

Source Advert