Jan Jones 'independent Woman' And Ian Clark

How many other people's copy of the above tune have got an 'Ian Clark Denise Manester' sticker stuck to the topside of theirs?

I've got x2 in stock right now and they both have the self same sticker on - I'll have to get my own copy out later and see if that's got one on it too...

Not one of Ian's best sales tactics ;-((

Discuss....Mark Rez

Social source share

• Replies 4
  • Views 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

i remember back in the early 80's ian had loads of copies, he even took out an advert in new blackbeat magazine advertising them at £12 each, much to the annoyance of keb darge, who he'd sold a copy to a couple of weeks earlier for 50 quid, there was also a guy who had a shop in reading (i think his name was pete) who had quite a few copies he was punting them out at a tenner

Social source share

Daft thing about that 45 was all the press interviews given by Jan & the label guys in Cleveland Town back in the day made a point of naming both the A side & B side tracks (2 different songs) and yet I have never seen a copy that wasn't Indie Woman Part 1 & Part 2.

Guess there must be a couple of test pressings about somewhere that has the 2nd track on one side (& what length will Indie Woman itself be on such a 45 ... maybe longer than Part 1 on the common issued version of the record).

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!