Missing 45S From The States

BOUGHT RECORDS FROM NORMAN GEDDIS @ VINYL RECORD TALK OFF EBAY UNTILL HIS STORE CLOSED AND THE

GUY SAID HE WAS GOING TO CONCENTRATE ON HIS INTERNET RADIO STATION WWW. RADIODENTATA.COM,

BUT HE WOULD CONTINUE TO BUY STUFF AND MOVE IT ON IN BULK SO ON THE STRENGTH OF PAST DEALS

I BOUGHT 400 SINGLES TO BE SHIPPED CONSOLIDATED WHICH HE USED IN THE PAST NO PROBS.

QUOTED 8-10 WEEKS POSTED EARLY MARCH AND HERE WE ARE END OF MAY NO RECORDS NO REPLY TO EMAILS

AND PAYPAL ONLY ALLOW IS IT 45 DAYS GRACE.

ANYBODY KNOW HIM DO, I START SLAGGING HIM ON HIS RADIO SHOW AND ELSWHERE ?

ANY ADVICE GRATEFULLY ACCEPTED

THANKS

KEV

Social source share

• Replies 11
  • Views 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

any time you haven't received records by 45 days you should open up a paypal dispute. the dispute isn't a chargeback yet, it just lets you communicate with the seller and if that fails escalate the dispute to a full claim. you should definitely get the dispute in in the window of time you have. you will have more time to escalate it at that point if you decide to.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

It's happening here in Spain now with the customs. They've had a 45 of mine in there for two weeks now. The 45 is en route to my Post Office now but only after they squeezed 25 Euros out of me for their service! (No tax payable as the package was valued below the threshold, but they charged me tax on the postage costs?? and the rest was a bill for their service!)

Their service? All they did was intercept my mail and fookin' well blackmail me to get it out again! Once I get the package in my mits I'm off to the police to see if I can charge the Customs or Post Office with anything. (This is Spain and you never know! :lol: )

Regards,

Dave

Social source share

If I bought a 60s Million Seller from the U.S.A. and bought a Rarity. What difference does it make to Customs in respect of Recorded Material or 60s Vinyl / Paper.

The only difference is the declared Value. The Rarity is known to us as Collectors but considered worthless junk to others who would prefer the known Million Seller.

Mainly delays have been caused due to customs, surely Taxes have already been paid years ago.

Social source share

Sadly it sounds like Kevin is too late. Could be a customs hold up, if it is be prepared for a big tax bill. :(

thats right he quoted 8-10 weeks shipping and its now more than 12 so no redress from paypal,

paid with a credit card but its the company one so no hope ther either as it is only good for claiming if it is for the benefit

of the main card holder which is not me.

kev

Social source share

thats right he quoted 8-10 weeks shipping and its now more than 12 so no redress from paypal,

paid with a credit card but its the company one so no hope ther either as it is only good for claiming if it is for the benefit

of the main card holder which is not me.

kev

Do you know what shipping service he used? I'm not sure I even know one that would take 8-10 weeks to deliver anything overseas, unless it was some freight thing or something.

Social source share

Kev purchased a load of 45s from Norm myself around March coincidentally .

Had to take a paypal claim against him as I was spun the same yarn - got my money back thankfully as it was within 45 day period.

Records never arrived at any time ..get moving on this quick !!!

funny that he offered me another 300 in march but i said i'd wait till the first batch arrived

looks like im stuffed then paid at the end of feb and he sent them consolidated quoting 8-10 weeks delivery

thanks

kev

Edited by kevinsoulman
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert