The Tomangoes,$3.375 With 3 Days To Go,

De-to

Label is well off center

Don't think so. It looks like it was printed off center but it sits pretty centered on the record.

Edit: Fantastic record and I'm not surprised about the price.

Edited by Benji
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

Guest Droylsdonian

Someone pulled a bid for $4000.

I'll have a stab @ $3,950.

Edited by Droylsdonian
Social source share

It's pretty much right up there as one of the greatest Northern Soul records of all time, has all the right credentials and has always been as rare as hen's teeth.

I thought I broke the bank when I bought it for £40 off Kev in 1975 or thereabouts (the second copy I believe). When the deal was done and I actually got the record in my hands I knew it was a very very special purchase. Everything about the record is just perfect. I can't think of many records that can demand such an increase in value after 37 years but this is sure one of 'em. The perfect record in every way. Great song, great production, impeccable vocals and on a super RARE Detroit label. Worth every penny. I wish I still had it. I'll get it back when I get my next million....... :lol:

Ian D :D

• Helpful 2
Social source share

Guest gordon russell

bought this along with ann perry on theoda....in 1982 for £40 the pair and l thought i,d spent a fortune.....good luck to the buyer great tune....and in many many years time.......these rare tunes will fetch such sums that will make ya eyes water....mark my words

Social source share

Guest allnightandy

bought this along with ann perry on theoda....in 1982 for £40 the pair and l thought i,d spent a fortune.....good luck to the buyer great tune....and in many many years time.......these rare tunes will fetch such sums that will make ya eyes water....mark my words

That would be the second issue though ?
Social source share

It's pretty much right up there as one of the greatest Northern Soul records of all time, has all the right credentials and has always been as rare as hen's teeth.

I thought I broke the bank when I bought it for £40 off Kev in 1975 or thereabouts (the second copy I believe). When the deal was done and I actually got the record in my hands I knew it was a very very special purchase. Everything about the record is just perfect. I can't think of many records that can demand such an increase in value after 37 years but this is sure one of 'em. The perfect record in every way. Great song, great production, impeccable vocals and on a super RARE Detroit label. Worth every penny. I wish I still had it. I'll get it back when I get my next million....... :lol:

Hi Ian

remember when you were 'nobbut a lad' learning all about the music ( mainly from Graham Slater!).

Anyway, I digress. Got 2 copies from my old mate Simon Soussan for £1 each BEFORE it was played at the Mecca. Now, who the bloody hell got those off me? :g:

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Hi Ian

remember when you were 'nobbut a lad' learning all about the music ( mainly from Graham Slater!).

Anyway, I digress. Got 2 copies from my old mate Simon Soussan for £1 each BEFORE it was played at the Mecca. Now, who the bloody hell got those off me? :g:

Levine possibly? I dunno where Kev got his from but I suspect it may have been the other copy.

Can't win 'em all. At least Twink got the United Four, Susan Barrett and the Salvadores off you though!

Social source share

Levine possibly? I dunno where Kev got his from but I suspect it may have been the other copy.

Can't win 'em all. At least Twink got the United Four, Susan Barrett and the Salvadores off you though!

Oh yes, bugger, I'd forgotten the Salvadors :(

Julian

Social source share

I bought my copy from Soul Bowl, never had a realistic chance of another since.

So pleased that I didn't get the dreaded sorry that's gone all those years ago.

A record that I have always loved from first hearing to present day.

WASHPAN_WM-3125-A-1.gifWASHPAN_WM-3125-B-1.gif

Probably my second favourite record of all time and wish I could have afforded it in the 70t's but was only earning £12 a week and had to give £5 board to me mam,....

Social source share

You raise a good point there mate. At the time I spent almost all my wages every week on records, once board paid was skint most of the time.

I remember getting three weeks money (inc, two weeks holiday pay) almost all went on records & board.

Prices may appear low compared to todays wages, however, it was a tidy sum back then.

Social source share

You raise a good point there mate. At the time I spent almost all my wages every week on records, once board paid was skint most of the time.

I remember getting three weeks money (inc, two weeks holiday pay) almost all went on records & board.

Prices may appear low compared to todays wages, however, it was a tidy sum back then.

We all jumped trains to find money for records back then and it was worth it, shame I sold them all for nowt!

Social source share

All of us did Roger! I was earning £22.50 a week from my job and some pocket money from deejaying but I was always broke because there was always another record. I'd regularly spend a couple of weeks broke because I'd just layed-out on a record or two. I didn't really drink or smoke back then so that's obviously how I afforded it all LOL....

Social source share

Hi Ian

Julian,

didn't you used to scratch yr name in the run-out ?

:yes:

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Not knockin it in anyway its a truely fantastic record,bought my first copy for £14 at a Bedford (by the river) nighter many moons ago,been lucky to have found 2/3 copies in the more recent times should of held em back me thinks.Enjoy whoever won or wins it.

Social source share

Guest allnightandy

I have a minty copy if anyone interested.

Priced to sell £3008.99

ROD

Hi Rod Going off some of the prices people are talking of on here £1 , £5 etc

I'm sure they are talking of the first bootlegging/pressing of about 75

Don't know how many you have seen over the years ,but i have never seen one (seen pictures)

Popsyke only has one rather beat up one on it

and although i have heard a few DJ's play it , i never actually checked to see if it was a "good un" :lol:

Social source share

Guest allnightandy

Pair of you grow up and give it a rest.

Perfectly reasonable question ? Edited by allnightandy
Social source share

Guest gordon russell

Grow up you tit

you were the one who made an assumption that this record was a second issue........not that it matters but it was real....just because johnny come latelys such as you have never owned such items you assume that no one else has....i,ve given away better tunes than you probably know

Social source share

you were the one who made an assumption that this record was a second issue........not that it matters but it was real....just because johnny come latelys such as you have never owned such items you assume that no one else has....i,ve given away better tunes than you probably know

Woa! Andy just asked you a question and you went off on one. As for your latest post - grow up. My dad is bigger than your dad is the stuff of school boys - or girls.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!