News: BBC 2 Britain In A Day featuring Blackpool Tower Weekender

ER CRINGE TIME? I dont get that from my local....perhaps its because I stand up like a man and tell people what my passion and beliefs are...give it a go Harry LIVE UP TO YER NAME AND SNAP AT THERE narrow minded opinions.....3000 punters enjoying emselves at the Blackpool tower was amazing and thats why the video was chosen from over 30000 other vids KTF you wont get burnt at the stake lol

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Guest allnightandy

Cringe time again. Keep a low profile and dont look anyone in the eye at the pub. Those immortal words across a packed bar - "Hey youre into that Northern Soul thing arent you, saw your mob on the teli the other night, what a set of w+++++S."

Go on then show us a few of them dance moves ! :no:
Social source share

Cringe time again. Keep a low profile and dont look anyone in the eye at the pub. Those immortal words across a packed bar - "Hey youre into that Northern Soul thing arent you, saw your mob on the teli the other night, what a set of w+++++S."

Social source share

• 2 weeks later...
Guest allnightandy

Watched the first one and a half minutes of it and could see what was going to happen

Nobody got more than a few seconds , so turned it over

Social source share

Guest Byrney

Just sat down and watched it right through. I enjoyed the programme more than I thought i would, quite beautiful in parts. Didn't seem to lose anything by not including more than a sec of Blackpool IMO

Edited by Byrney
Social source share

considering director ridley scott was asked to orchestrate this project, it didnt match up to its billing as a day in the life of hundreds of people ( if it had been thousands, we would still be viewing it now! ), instead a decision appears to have been made to actually concentrate on about 7 or 8 human stories that could have fitted better into long lost families and just a mish-mash of flashing images pasted in between. so as it got to the end of the 90 mins, it was quite obvious there was going to be a sting in the tale...oh, and the bbc certainly knows how to concoct a sting...its midnight, just about the right time to intervene at an all-nighter and as is already obvious on here, a good many were gagging for the sequence where our music and people get a full public viewing....blinking is most definitely a frustrating thing....especially more annoying when THERE'S LITERALLY NOTHING TO SEE!!. more fool us, thinking we were going to see something tangible and enlightening amongst a colloberation of typical everyday observations that one could watch on the evening news. guess we duped ourselves into expecting too much...well, there is one saving grace.....THE NIGHT THAT WAS FILMED WE WERE ALL ROYALLY ENTERTAINED BY REAL DANCING... NOT BLOODY COME DANCING!!

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!