My Box,ken(backdoor)

Hope this is ok?,i`m in the right forum!,well i thought i`d start me own thread,because i`m allways loosing files,it would be nice to know where i can find them,and of course it would be nice to get some feedback,hope nobody minds,there all my own records,and propper!!,

First we gotta have a theme tune,D Mitchell & the screamers,Met 2768-2..

And me first propper vocal,the Superiors,Sue 12....... :(

Social source share

• Replies 48
  • Views 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

First we gotta have a theme tune,D Mitchell & the screamers, The Trip Met 2768-2

This always reminds me of my First visit to Mr M's, early 70's.... Used to think it was a noise, But it grows on you, Did you get Your Red top back @ 100, & what happened about Rob Smith's Car ????

JB

Edited by jonbuck
Social source share

Feed back is not always good Ken, but you asked for it :(

Ist track, worst thing since "Scratchy".........Jnr Walker on LSD...........now I know what to do with these rusty nails.

2nd Track, excellent......almost has a latin feel to it.

Col

Any sorta` feedback is ok by me,funny though.... :(
Social source share

This always reminds me of my First visit to Mr M's, early 70's.... Used to think it was a noise, But it grows on you, Did you get Your Red top back @ 100, & what happened about Rob Smith's Car ????

JB

No,but not bothered,went home with a nice pressie`,dont know what happend to rob`s motor,anybody?. :(

KA

Social source share

Guest Matt Male

Shame stuff like this isn't played much these days, good time music. Or am i just being nostalgic?

Social source share

Should get yer` dancing boot`s out of retirement,Chalky :P then you might learn to appreciate a dancer :unsure: .

they're not in retirement Ken, just having a rest :thumbsup::P maybe when a hear a dancer I can appreciated they might come back out again :P:P

Have a good un mate, off to the Orwell now.

Social source share

Hope this is ok?,i`m in the right forum!,well i thought i`d start me own thread,because i`m allways loosing files,it would be nice to know where i can find them,and of course it would be nice to get some feedback,hope nobody minds,there all my own records,and propper!!,

And me first propper vocal,the Superiors,Sue 12....... :thumbsup:

==========

dont like the trip but think the superiors is a great dancer

didnt searking play this?

Social source share

==========

dont like the trip but think the superiors is a great dancer

didnt searking play this?

Dunno` :unsure: anybody?

Time to charge up me box,couple of dancer`s this time,one from Texas and 6ts,and the other being from the 7ts,first off,Terri Sharp,,Ventura records,V-725.demo

Secondly you be pushed to find a bigger name,on the rare soul scene,the great Will Hatcher,recorded in dear old Detroit,for Wand records,WND 11286 demo.

I thing you`ll agree both worth a listen?,i prefer the Bside to Will`s Wand recording,post up a bit later.

Keep-listening :thumbsup:

Social source share

The Trip was never the most soulful dancer in my box :P but does bring back great memories when I could dance to a dozen at that pace without a second thought....oh to be 18 again and not 48.
48 no chance..... :unsure: ....pop these in,off another thread.... :thumbsup:

spooky for brett,i have found it if you still want it? :P

And finaly......ruby & romantics,,Kap demo.....

..... :P

Social source share

And me first propper vocal,the Superiors,Sue 12....... :P

Just done ma back in stompin round the room to this,awesome track.

Keep em commin` Ken.

:unsure::P:P keep looking.... :thumbsup:
Social source share

Right its about time,i but a few more in me "box...... :P

First one Sian,for being nice.. :thumbsup: ,does any body tell me more about this test press lp,is it ultra rare? :P ,the stamp say`s STMR 900I,and the normal stamps you have on 6ts English Motown lps,anybody?it got other top things on it too!!

Next....,hope these get ye` tappin` yer` feet,more in a bit!!

Social source share

And some 7ts,,gold star for the first to identify this feel good promo? :P And a fine

I Levine outin` :thumbsup: ,yes/no supose its down to yerself,but i like it :P L J Johnson,AVI records,other side better version of "you put a magic spell on me"....... :P

Social source share

couple more!!,first Luther Ingram & his g-men,on Smash... :(

Secondly.....Chiffons,,decca lp track,had it fer`yonk`s,20p boot special,no cover,boy do i feel cheeted!! ohmy.gif ,can this be got on a 45...?

Sorry if i`ve bored you..... yes.gif

Social source share

And some 7ts,,gold star for the first to identify this feel good promo? :thumbsup: And a fine

I Levine outin` :thumbsup: ,yes/no supose its down to yerself,but i like it :thumbsup: L J Johnson,AVI records,other side better version of "you put a magic spell on me"....... :thumbsup:

Nobody want a gold star then?,soul/source stumped again,its getting all too reguler... :thumbsup:
Social source share

We're all too drunk this week, wait till the new year....we told the kids we'd have a party for them tonite....after 1/2 of pop party 3, we put the northern back on... :thumbsup:

They've just finished face painting.......the things you do for your kids.... :thumbsup:

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
Social source share

Guest Andy BB

Secondly.....Chiffons,,decca lp track,had it fer`yonk`s,20p boot special,no cover,boy do i feel cheeted!! :thumbsup: ,can this be got on a 45...?

Aye lad. It's on a single with 'If I knew then' - Laurie 3377 :thumbsup:

Social source share

Blackwhite(derek),you only get gold star`s when your right,try again blush.gif and colin,1977 is the date,so wrong again,gotta` put this up again........now listen,with your ears and not your eyes,i would only post originals in my box,be nice if i`m the first to expose this,doubt it though... ph34r.gif

Edited by ken
Social source share

Blackwhite(derek),you only get gold star`s when your right,try again :yes: and colin,1977 is the date,so wrong again,gotta` put this up again........now listen,with your ears and not your eyes,i would only post originals in my box,be nice if i`m the first to expose this,doubt it though... ph34r.gif

blush.gif

Social source share

Just tried the download Ken, it read 'estimated time remaining 71 minutes' !!!!!

Is the problem at my end or the other? :(

Mark

Dunno` Billy,its only 4.6 megs,i wanda` if i email you it,it might help?,try anyway you can allways abort the opperation if it takes too long :D
Social source share

Pop a couple more in me box,firstly couple 6ts things,fukc all to do with soul,but northernsoul..?

the boys;,bell 840

and

the chelsea banque;,red fox 109,yellow vinyl.

one more in a bit!,enjoy..... :)

Social source share

Right its about time,i but a few more in me "box...... :D

First one Sian,for being nice.. :( ,does any body tell me more about this test press lp,is it ultra rare? :yes: ,the stamp say`s STMR 900I,and the normal stamps you have on 6ts English Motown lps,anybody?it got other top things on it too!!

This is from:

VARIOUS ARTISTS TAMLA MOTOWN FROM THE VAULTS from 1979

Edited by sitc01
Social source share

Aye up cock! Like your version of "Wake up and be somebody" ....sweet!! In fact it's sensational!!! :yes:

I think you might be saying,its by Sweet Sensation`s,1977 outing on pye,produced by Tony Hatch,you can have your gold star,next time i`m over your way...... :(

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!