The End Of Bentinck Soul Club

hi every one friday the 1st of june was the last night of bentinck soul club ...due to a lack of support after just over 11yrs of great nights at bentinck ..i decided tonight was the last night ..iam gutted but i was kidding my self that the crowds would return ..they have not ,,so bye bye bentinck ...just like to thank all the djs who have played at this venue over the last 11 yrs ...also a big big thanks to every one who has attened the venue over the years love you all ...and also because this was not planned to close tonight ..i will ring all the djs that i have booked for the next 6months to let them no bentinck is finnished ..like i said iam gutted ...but i have enjoyed your company over the years ..and now is time to relax and enjoy the soul scene with out the stress of running a venue ...bye to bentinck ..and bye to all ...

thanks ...( pete bentinck soul club ).xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Social source share

I dont know what to say really Pete, but i do know the choice of soul nights in your area is quite plentiful. perhaps this is a factor ? whatever it is, thanks for putting on this friendly event , i went a handful of times and i was looking forward to sharing the decks with Glynn at the July date, sadly now not to be.

all the best for the future, hope to catch up with you soon.

IAN

Social source share

hi every one friday the 1st of june was the last night of bentinck soul club ...due to a lack of support after just over 11yrs of great nights at bentinck ..i decided tonight was the last night ..iam gutted but i was kidding my self that the crowds would return ..they have not ,,so bye bye bentinck ...just like to thank all the djs who have played at this venue over the last 11 yrs ...also a big big thanks to every one who has attened the venue over the years love you all ...and also because this was not planned to close tonight ..i will ring all the djs that i have booked for the next 6months to let them no bentinck is finnished ..like i said iam gutted ...but i have enjoyed your company over the years ..and now is time to relax and enjoy the soul scene with out the stress of running a venue ...bye to bentinck ..and bye to all ...

thanks ...( pete bentinck soul club ).xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Well both me and joy are gutted and feel proud that i had the chance to play there i can remember october 2003 when i got the phone call from pete to ask me if i would like to play the following april and how proud and exited i was and without the breaks at clubs like bentink i would not have had the chance to play as often as i do now and i will not forget that pete and cressy thank you cant put my finger on why you dont get the support but one thing is it wasent the music coz the music in both rooms was spot on pete you will feel a bit gutted now pal but just remember you ran one of the best venues for the right reasons and be proud of that take care atb yocky and joy
Social source share

Sorry to hear about this Pete, what a blow to the scene this is!!! Chin up mate keep on keeping on.

hi ray thanks mate ...wieght of me shoulders ...no stress ..no more looseing money ..i am gutted because just about to ring up all the djs i have booked for the next 6 months and let them know theres no bentinck no more ,,,and how sorry iam to let them down ...but i hope they understand...

see you around ..

lv to all ...pete x

• Helpful 1
Social source share

I dont know what to say really Pete, but i do know the choice of soul nights in your area is quite plentiful. perhaps this is a factor ? whatever it is, thanks for putting on this friendly event , i went a handful of times and i was looking forward to sharing the decks with Glynn at the July date, sadly now not to be.

all the best for the future, hope to catch up with you soon.

IAN

hi ian ...i was so looking forward to your spot ...iam so sorry for letting you down ...but i just could not go on with out the crowds comming back ...may be its the venue ,,tied and old ...may be its the music ,,,may be its me ...i will never know ...all i do know is ,,no stress ,,no looseing money ,,,time to relax and enjoy the soul scene ,,,

lv to all ....pete x

Social source share

Well both me and joy are gutted and feel proud that i had the chance to play there i can remember october 2003 when i got the phone call from pete to ask me if i would like to play the following april and how proud and exited i was and without the breaks at clubs like bentink i would not have had the chance to play as often as i do now and i will not forget that pete and cressy thank you cant put my finger on why you dont get the support but one thing is it wasent the music coz the music in both rooms was spot on pete you will feel a bit gutted now pal but just remember you ran one of the best venues for the right reasons and be proud of that take care atb yocky and joy

hi to yocky and joy ...2 of the lovliest people i have had the pleasure to meet on the soul scene you give your hearts and soul to the scene...has i have said yocky ..iam more gutted for the djs i have got to ring to tell them we are no longer running ...i hope they understand ..thank you to you both for being there love you both ..thanks for the kind words...see you both soon ...

pete xx

Social source share

Hi Pete

Enjoy your time `just` being a punter! Sorry to hear your news and how upset you are. As you know we were regulars at Bentinck in the `early` days and due to our personal reasons we haven`t been attending local venues for a good while now (albeit the odd one or two occasionally)but have some good memories of Bentinck in its heyday and how popular it was.

Hope to see you out and about sometime.

Take care X

Sharon and Chris

Social source share

Hi Pete

Enjoy your time `just` being a punter! Sorry to hear your news and how upset you are. As you know we were regulars at Bentinck in the `early` days and due to our personal reasons we haven`t been attending local venues for a good while now (albeit the odd one or two occasionally)but have some good memories of Bentinck in its heyday and how popular it was.

Hope to see you out and about sometime.

Take care X

Sharon and Chris

thank you sharon and chris ...i was looking forward to chris playing in august ...but like you say time to enjoy the soul scene as a punter....

sorry i let you down chris ...for your spot ...but i just cant keep it going ...

see you both around ...

pete x

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!