Dean Andersons Radio Show- Gilly As Guest

I've just listened to one of the best radio shows ever....Gilly was Deans guest tonight....fabulous music - fabulous stories and knowledge...2 hours of sheer magic.

AndyThank-you Andy for your nice coments,enjoyed doing it

Social source share

Hi Gilly....it reaffirmed just exactly why I love this music....you could actually hear Deans chin hit the floor when you mentioned you have 6 versions of Andy Fisher...just magical. I caould actually hear the sunshine in your voice when you were talking about the Little Ann track that you kicked off ....and the 45 that Nicola had that you didn't know she had..your reaction was fab...Dave Hamilton and Popcorn stories were captivating...it was completely compulsive listening all the way thru...the tunes were fantastic and continual rounds of applause from all in the studio speaks for itself...The rapport between Dean and yourself was magical....definitely a very special show.....I can't wait for the the next installment.

Edited by Dennisoul
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

Really enjoyed listening to this Weds night (was fine listening through itunes rather than the radio stream window). A real education for me for sure. Thanks again to Len for letting me know about it. Class soul / great stories. Loved hearing some alternative mixes of various records. Different gravy.

Dean did mention on air about posting the show on here at some point, so I'm sure if enough people badger him he'll do just that.

Steve

Social source share

Hi Gilly....it reaffirmed just exactly why I love this music....you could actually hear Deans chin hit the floor when you mentioned you have 6 versions of Andy Fisher...just magical. I caould actually hear the sunshine in your voice when you were talking about the Little Ann track that you kicked off ....and the 45 that Nicola had that you didn't know she had..your reaction was fab...Dave Hamilton and Popcorn stories were captivating...it was completely compulsive listening all the way thru...the tunes were fantastic and continual rounds of applause from all in the studio speaks for itself...The rapport between Dean and yourself was magical....definitely a very special show.....I can't wait for the the next installment.

They are very sweet words and i thank-you,its always a shame that the people who are the stars never got what they should of $$$$$$$$
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

I've just listened to one of the best radio shows ever....Gilly was Deans guest tonight....fabulous music - fabulous stories and knowledge...2 hours of sheer magic.

Andy

Missed this Andy

Deano, you will have to upload it, looks like a big demand for this

Best Regards

Kev

Social source share

No i cant,i dont have a copy but Deans going to provide one after the weekend

Excellent news, I can rarely listen to Deans show any more unfortunately & when I found out that Gilly was on I was really p'd off.

That'll be great if we can all listen to it :thumbsup:

Always worth listening to Deans show on Tulip radio, wednesdays 7 - 9pm :yes:

Social source share

Ooops sorry Mr D had sent me note about this and I had forgotten, although I was going to tell you to send them to Chalky!

Can't wait, few pints for me for Andy D, if he ever comes out of his bunker, I believe he is a rarer spot than me in the outside world these days!

Social source share

I am, or at least I will be if I stop Fu**ing around on here and finish my work before midnight tonight!

Down tomorrow afternoon if you are around, good time for a relatively restrained beer and a catch up!

Tomorrow afternoon is the plan pal, beer and catch up sounds good.

Social source share

Ooops sorry Mr D had sent me note about this and I had forgotten, although I was going to tell you to send them to Chalky!

Can't wait, few pints for me for Andy D, if he ever comes out of his bunker, I believe he is a rarer spot than me in the outside world these days!

Which is pretty rare Jock lol

Social source share

Just got up from night shift and listened to this fantastic essential show, the atmosphere in the studio must have been fantastic, fantastic rapport between two of the nicest guys you could ever wish to meet, Gilly,s stories absolutely captivating (can,t wait for Andy and Nicola to complete the book), and the music, well, what did we expect, Peter and the Wolves, "dear me"

great stuff Deano and thanks Chalky for sorting it for us folks who couldn,t listen initially, absolute essential l;istening

Kev

Edited by kev cane
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

Great stuff,cheers Chalky for the podcast.

Hi Dean,brilliant show.Will try to tune next time.What is the Website?

Hi Gilly,Love the Little Ann tracks.6 different takes of Andy Fisher,blinkin' eck,(can i have one?lol)

atb,Geoff.

Social source share

feelin a bit fragile after spending yesterday in a sodden field listening to a mates band.....this is the perfect remedy for my battered ears as i'm laid up here on the sofa!!!...well done dean + gilly !!!

"deep shadows" is a scorcher!!!

who doesn't do cds for people ???.....i do do tapes !!!!

dean,no you can't have that acetate back!!!!

Edited by cobbles
Social source share

Great show, only listened to part one so far.

Gilly played a song (39 mins in) about a DJ named Gilly and he mentions the group the Avons. The voice was familiar to me and after a few listens i think it could be Freddie Waters. He had the second release on the Ref-O-Ree label, the first release being by the Avons but they are a girl group. Freddie Waters & Eddie Frierson joined the label after leaving the Hytones. They sang a few things together then Freddie went solo. I think this could be Freddie & Eddie with the Avons as backing. The recording came from Ady Croasdell and i know Kent has the rights to this group of labels. Anyone think it sounds like Freddie ?

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!