Bobby Paris Night Owl White Label Copy Original Or Boot ?

Guest allnightandy

Guest allnightandy

https://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=221040688244&fromMakeTrack=true&ssPageName=VIP:watchlink:top:en

I have one of these on a white label cameo parkway IMO it is a Canadian issue as most CP records came out on black and white labels in Canada My copy i bought from a dealer in the States a few years ago the label is high quality the vinyl is superb and sound quality as good as any record i own

I know that Selecta Disc booted this on a white label back in the 70's but that is a really crap recording with a very poor quality label

i have several CP records in this format some with promo writing some just plain

the ones with promo written on them i assume are American demo's the ones without i assume are Canadian issues

Anybody know the answer ?

Social source share

Andy this is a tough one, there are at least two bootlegs on the black and white label, one has shocking sound quality, the other is fine. A few years ago I bought a black and white "demo" from the States, when I got it it looked totally legit, I just couldn't decide, when I showed it to John Manship I don't think he'd had this particular one before but we both decided it was not legit because all demos are actually red label copies. As far as I know, there is no white demo.

Social source share

Guest allnightandy

Andy this is a tough one, there are at least two bootlegs on the black and white label, one has shocking sound quality, the other is fine. A few years ago I bought a black and white "demo" from the States, when I got it it looked totally legit, I just couldn't decide, when I showed it to John Manship I don't think he'd had this particular one before but we both decided it was not legit because all demos are actually red label copies. As far as I know, there is no white demo.

No Pete , i'm not saying it's a white demo i know all the American demos are red and black , i was thinking of it more as a Canadian issue which were just black and white ?
Social source share

The Canadian Stock Copies are Indeed White & Black and even though they are Vinyl, both similar Layout as the West Coast U.S.A. Copies.

By that I mean the Title at the Top for a Cameo Release, and the Artist at the Bottom.

However there is an X at the end of the Number on the copies that I have seen.

Also Canada Reference at the bottom of the Label.

CAMEO_C-382X-A_C-1.gifCAMEO_C-382X-B_C-1.gif

CAMEO_C-382-A_WC-1.gifCAMEO_C-382-B_WC-1.gifU.S.A. West Coast STYRENE

CAMEO_C-382-A_DJ.jpgCAMEO_C-382-B_DJ.jpg U.S.A. East Coast VINYL

For Parkway the same design as a West Coast DEMO.

Parkway_P-969X-1_C-1.gifParkway_P-969X-2_C-1.gif

Parkway_P-969-A_DJ_W-1.gifParkway_P-969-B_DJ_W-1.gifU.S.A. West Coast STYRENE

This release also came out on Cameo. Notice the Label Credits.

Title at Top, Artist at bottom on the West Coast Styrene

CAMEO_C-318-A_DJ_W-1.gifCAMEO_C-318-B_DJ_W-1.gif U.S.A. West Coast STYRENE

Artist at Top, Title at bottom on the East Coast Vinyl.

CAMEO_C-318-A_DJ_E-1.gifCAMEO_C-318-B_DJ_E-1.gifU.S.A. East Coast VINYL

• Helpful 1
Social source share

If this is the Design you refer to it has a Straight Copy of the West Coast Label Layout.

Title at the Top. Which would also be true of a Canadian Copy.

However, the exact nature of this (Label Layout) being so exact makes me suspicious as to it's Origin.

The Precise use of the West Coast Label Layout on a White DEMO which appears to be Vinyl ?

PopSike.com

170102125868.jpg

Cameo_C-396-B_W-1.gif U.S.A. West Coast STYRENE

The U.S.A. Known DEMO's are Indeed coloured.

PopSike.com

220111873503.jpg U.S.A. West Coast STYRENE

Cameo_C-396-B_DJ-4.gifU.S.A. East Coast VINYL

Social source share

I know this is an earlier 45, so may not be of any help, but there is precedence for white label non-promo US press vinyl with the artist name up top, may be another pressing plant variation?

IMG_1028.jpg

what's under the yellow sticker?

loads of US dealers cover up or cross the 'not for sale' blurb on demos so they can sell them.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!