Keele All-Nighter

Anyone tell me when the very last Keele All-Nighter was please? I have just dug out some badges from the anniversary's and i have nine. 1-10 with number 8 missing. I know it changed promoters and I went sometime in the 2000's but not sure when the last one was. Did they still do badges after it changed hands from the OKEH Soul Club? Was a fantastic niter and one that i will remember for a long time yet. :yes:

post-1854-0-53700600-1339239576_thumb.jp

post-1854-0-53829900-1339239594_thumb.jp

Social source share

• Replies 9
  • Views 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

keele was my first all-nigheter venue that got me into this scene.

I missed what were probably the best years but still had some good times there.

It was all new to me at the time so the oldies and any more recent plays just all blended into one.

Social source share

1990 onwards. Yeah, I missed a few but I was pretty much a regular. They say if you can't remember much you must've had a bloody good time and by everyone else's accounts I did. And Chalky's right-and what a crack it was! Once went to the Keele niter with a guy who used to work for British Rail so he'd got free travel. As he was allowed a guest, we both got free rail travel, got off at the wrong stop and tried hitch-hiking the rest of the way. We were picked up by the old bill of course, who searched our bags and then proceeded to drop us off back at the place when we had come from!. We finally arrived at Keele as they were chucking out so we decided to walk straght down the hill to Crewe Station! Got transport after that..

Social source share

so when was the very last keele niter then? Just interested as i believe there was one in 2009 but i was in OZ at the time. I do remember there being a 2nd room in the 2000's that played more house music. was that the begining of the soulful house rooms??

Social source share

i was a regular there,if i remember right,one of the nighters was on live on signal radio with dave evison? could be wrong,was many moons ago! anyway i loved it there,great record bar,great dancefloor,stormin northern soul all the way through!

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!