New Cd Swap - Whatever Floats Your Boat

I know that the price of postage's gone up, but I thought it was time to see if there's any interest in another CD Swap.

The Sweet & Deep theme has been running for a few years, so I thought a theme of Whatever Floats Your Boat would be nice and wide to attract people with different preferences who would be open to maybe listening to something different to what they normally listen to.

If you're interested, please send me a pm with your real name (not just your SS name) and postal address. I'll keep it open for a week, but I'd like to limit to a maximum of 25 people (if we get to that number), so it doesn't become too unwieldy. Please, only send me your details if you can definitely provide a CD.

Edited by John Reed
Social source share

Hi John,

Hope you're well mate.

What would be the timescales on this?

Busy time in my life, but might be up for such an adventurous concept :0)

:thumbsup:

Sean

Sean,

I'm very well, work's been manic with all these EuroZone troubles. I was thinking upto 6 weeks, say by the end of July. Hopefully enough time to receive them all and burn them to the Ipod for listening on the beach in the school holidays. It generally takes me a while to pick the tunes, let alone burning them. So I'm using me as the benchmark, which I'm unsure if that's a good or bad thing.

Go-on give it a go, you know you'll like it.......

Social source share

Guest DaveSwift

Hi John

count me in please

so it's anything goes is it - the rules are there are no rules - just that we like what we send

cheers

dave

Social source share

There's 16 people signed-up so far.

So if you're tired of hiding your Jackie Moore records or think I've just gotta tell somebody, how good Gloria Lynn is. Send me a pm and join the swap.

I'm going to close the list on Friday night, so if you want to join send me a pm and join the swap.

Social source share

There's 16 people signed-up so far.

So if you're tired of hiding your Jackie Moore records or think I've just gotta tell somebody, how good Gloria Lynn is. Send me a pm and join the swap.

I'm going to close the list on Friday night, so if you want to join send me a pm and join the swap.

Gonna theme mine The Campaign For The Return Of Mid-Tempo and All Things Nice guys and girls, hope thats OK with you all

Kev

Social source share

There are now 20 participants, so 5 spaces left and it will be closed at midnight on Friday.

So if you fancy showing off your creative skills by making a better CD cover than John Lloyd (he's hard to beat, by the way) or make a worse one than me, give it a go.

Think of it when the CD's pop through the door and your partner says:

"Another tune, how much did you pay for that one?"

You can say:

"No, it's free. It's a CD from the latest swap on Soul Source"

A happy partner and more tunes to add to your wants list...........

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Personally, for me, one of the best reasons for being a member on here.

Some heavyweights in on this swap and so looking forward to it.

Agree Mike, since Refo was stopped, this is by far the best way to hear stuff that floats your boat, its a bottomless pit I reckon that we pull from if you like all aspacts of this great music, can honestly say, most days I hear something new that I like, CD swap has defo had a massive impact on collecting.

Kev

Social source share

Guest Dave Turner

Three spaces left

Two spaces left

One more place left

D'ya used to be bus conductor John :lol:

Ding Ding, more room on top

Social source share

Three spaces left

Two spaces left

One more place left

D'ya used to be bus conductor John :lol:

Ding Ding, more room on top

Don't know what you mean......

post-4493-0-70439600-1340358240_thumb.jp

THE SWAP IS NOW CLOSED

Thankyou to all who've put their names in the hat, should be an interesting one.

• Helpful 1
Social source share