Is There Any Sexy Soul Out There ?

As time goes on I have found myself drawn to some of the slower tempo seventies sexier soul out there and ''her indoors'' has perked up her ears to the point that it seems a few well chosen investments might have secondary benefits - so are there any 45 rpm recommendations ?

To give some idea of what hits the spot: Ollie Nightingale - I Don't Know Why I love You, Ike Noble - Your Love, Melvin Davis - This love Was Meant to Be

Edited by Regalian
Social source share

As time goes on I have found myself drawn to some of the slower tempo seventies sexier soul out there and ''her indoors'' has perked up her ears to the point that it seems a few well chosen investments might have secondary benefits - so are there any 45 rpm recommendations ?

To give some idea of what hits the spot: Ollie Nightingale - I Don't Know Why I love You, Ike Noble - Your Love, Melvin Davis - This love Was Meant to Be

Depends how 'SEXY' you want to be I suppose, lol....................the tunes you have mentioned, they're romantic.............not necessarily sexy!!!

If you really want to turn the heat up a bit..............a nice one with some raunchy lyrics................ROCK ME BABY - TINA TURNER

Certainly pushes my buttons anyway, lol :rolleyes:

Edited by Carol J
Social source share

Willie Hutch - Just another day - motown

Bobby Womack - more than I can say - minit

James Brown - These foolish things (remind me of you) - from album 'Hell'

Big Cheese All stars - I get my groove - From Album 'prawns' featuring Sharon Scott

These might do the trick and 2nd recommendation of Sharon Ridley track mentioned above which is superb!!

Edited by douglaschip
Social source share

"It Ain't The Meat", It's The Motion-Swallows

"Big Ten Inch Record"-Bullmoose Jackson and His Buffalo Bearcats

"I Want A Bowlegged Woman"-Bullmoose Jackson and His Buffalo Bearcats

"Rocket 69"-Todd Rhodes Orchestra featuring Connie Allen

"Work With Me Annie"-Royals

"Fever"-Little Willie John

"Big Long Slidin' Thing"-Dinah Washington

• Helpful 2
Social source share

"It Ain't The Meat", It's The Motion-Swallows

"Big Ten Inch Record"-Bullmoose Jackson and His Buffalo Bearcats

"I Want A Bowlegged Woman"-Bullmoose Jackson and His Buffalo Bearcats

"Rocket 69"-Todd Rhodes Orchestra featuring Connie Allen

"Work With Me Annie"-Royals

"Fever"-Little Willie John

"Big Long Slidin' Thing"-Dinah Washington

good job you didnt mention "back door man" by john lee hooker :no:

Social source share

good job you didnt mention "back door man" by john lee hooker :no:

for that one, though, i don't think an alternate meaning of "backdoor" is even implied, although the song clearly is about sneaking in to have sex. Also, I thought howling wolf did the song initially?

what I want to know is what is sexual about "bowlegged woman" -- probably something, I just don't get it.

Social source share

for that one, though, i don't think an alternate meaning of "backdoor" is even implied, although the song clearly is about sneaking in to have sex. Also, I thought howling wolf did the song initially?

what I want to know is what is sexual about "bowlegged woman" -- probably something, I just don't get it.

yes i think it was howling wolf, as for backdoor, it dosnt have to be implied its there, whatever you do dont listen to ruth brown "lucky lips" :no:

Social source share

yes i think it was howling wolf, as for backdoor, it dosnt have to be implied its there, whatever you do dont listen to ruth brown "lucky lips" :no:

There was a really funny saturday night live sketch with Queen Latifah as the host where she plays an old double-entendre style r&b singer except at the end of each song she ruins it by being super explicit.

Social source share

Here's your answer from the lyrics- Bull Moose wants her "right from the start,

Because her big, fat legs are so far apart ...."

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Bull Moose Jackson - comedy lyrics, a firm favourite with the old 6Ts crowd in London.

I laugh at all these old chiches, the meaning of the word "Rock" as used in song titles, references to "Back doors", "Bow legged women" "Licking sticks" and the like.

But back to the topic starters notion, I am sure plenty of two step will be up your street. Already seen mention for things like Edee Leatherwood "Make it last" and who could forget Starvue "Body fusion" a cheapie that was mass imported.

Social source share

Guest woody no1

bobby womack "the look of love"

dorethy johnson"if its not love dont waste my time"

the dells "bring back the love of yesterday"

mcoy turner feat phyllis hyman "ill be around" &"in search of my heart" massive production strings & horns

L.T.D "love magic"

Social source share

Guest Brett F

Jerry Washington..'Don't Waste My Time'....................Brilliant overt sexual content.....I Love It....Nothing to do with love, but everything to do with full on Sex.............. And judging by some posts on here, i guess you ain't getting much, if you consider certain tunes sexy .... ........... Oh boy this ain't the 60's anymore......... :D

Edited by Brett F
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!