Soulsmith

• Replies 22
  • Views 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Just picked this up off Moldie tonight.

Brilliant track from '74 & a superb example of the artists using a completely un-necessary "whoo - hoo" to good effect.

Any other examples out there?

Patti Austin's Take away the pain stain has an excellent WOOOOOOO right at the end as it's fading out. Will have to turn the volume right up to hear it tho.

Social source share

An absolute classic with more Whoo Oos than all these put together is 'Johnny Jay & the Gangbusters version' of "You get your kicks" as much as i like 'Mitch Ryder' i will never know why everybody prefered his version to this !!

Definatley needs re-activating !! come to Worcester University do on 14th Jan, i will be playing it !

Social source share

any chance of a soundfile please ? :thumbsup:
Hi Kev,

Sorry can't supply you with a sound file at the moment as i have disconnected the deck from the pc ready for next week, but i will put one up as soon as i can. If you want a quick snipet "Johnny Manship" has one on his site. Notice he has a demo for £30 for sale too. Still a bargin at that price i reckon !

Social source share

Guest Awake 502

Brilliant track from '74 & a superb example of the artists using a completely un-necessary "whoo - hoo" to good effect.

Well the obvious one is Blur "Song 2 " :lol:

Ooops, wrong forum...... :P

Social source share

Guest OskarB

Great tune, what are the label details?

And what a good category. A song with a decent "Who-ho" can't be bad!

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!