Matt "you Better Go-Go" Lucas In England & Ireland

Guest mark hanson

Guest mark hanson

Matt Lucas will be in England for a very short time on August 17th in Liverpool during the day (10 - 5pm approx) and August 22nd in London (9-2pm). He will also be in Belfast, Dublin and Torbay uk too between the 2 dates above.

Matt is keen to meet and greet his soul fans and so would love to see anyone and everyone. The idea being as a prelude to maybe appearing in the uk next year at a allnighter / weekender and maybe other dates.

If enough people show interest we will be arranging a venue, otherwise we can arrange personal meetings in the Cities.

The reason for the odd times is because he is on a cruise from Scandinavia and around the British Isles and Ireland.

For more info please contact me (Mark Hanson) at soulie66@live.com or a personal message on here.

Mark Hanson

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Mark - Am hoping to meet him in Liverpool on 17th Aug. - Not sure on exactly where though? - I know Liverpool about as much as Pluto.

Cheers

Mick

And Pluto still hasn't got over the last time he got lost in Liverpool....

pluto.jpg

Social source share

Good shout Mark,

To anyone who fancies meeting up with him, Matt is a great bloke who's squeezed more into his life than most. He's a great raconteur who's met just about every Detroit icon from the mid 60s. Well worth pressing the flesh' if you get the chance. Ask him about his time with John Rhys Eddins and about his time on the Bahamas Cruise route.

I was lucky enough to spend a day on his ranch with him and his wife a few years ago. Only downside was that he'd just mailed his last copy (day before I arrived), of You Better Go-Go to Pete Smith!

If you're anywhere near a set of drums then watch out! He's a Whirling Dirvisher when he gets behind a set of skins!

Regards,

Dave

Social source share

• 2 weeks later...
Guest mark hanson

i played his 'you gotta love ' last week. ...great tune that ,...hope its the same guy..

Yes it is the same bloke Mark. He never knew Deon Jackson did it first several years before he did his version.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Guest Mark Hanson

Mark - Am hoping to meet him in Liverpool on 17th Aug. - Not sure on exactly where though? - I know Liverpool about as much as Pluto.

Cheers

Mick

Mick I'll give you a ring closer and if you want I can take you up or meet up at Stoke.

Just thinking if I picked you up I may buy some tunes off you afterwards?

I take it know one else is going to be interested????? Just thinking if we could get someone from the north west who's on the radio involved or do a taped interview I can put on Matt's website?????

Best

Mark

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!