Bob Sinclar - Tribute - 7" Out Today £10.00

perux

post-13571-0-20765700-1340204376_thumb.j

bobsinclairTRIBUTE.mp3

Modern Soul fans always love to hear a new tune. As a Modern Soul DJ searching for that track

that will fill the dance floor with happy faces, and doesn't have to be played for years to get that

reaction, is like the holy grail. I had been aware of Bob Sinclair for years, the 2001 relaase 'Darlin'

with vocals from James 'D Train' Williams was already an established track as was the 2006 cut

Rock this Party, though the latter was more of a mainstream hit. In early 2007 a friend of mine

who is a house DJ recommended an album called 'Soundz of Freedom' by Bob Sinclair for another

track (Together feat Steve Edwards). I bought the album on vinyl and on first hearing it was very

impressed, but when Tribute hit me I was taken on a rollercoaster of new and old soul, of dance and

happiness. The hand claps in the breaks, the driving bass beat the superb vocals from Ron Carroll

and Michael Robinson took the song to a level that lifted me. I first played it out on my radio show

Infiniti and to a live audience at my local event Sweet Soul in Newark. Dance floor reaction was

instant. At the time Michael Proctors 'Love Don't Live' had been an established floor filler at Newark

for some years and the crowds acceptance of this song represents their vision and enthusiasm for

well produced dance music. For the next few years it became an essential part of my set and of the

Modern Soul DJ's in the area. Demand for the track was high. The defining moment for this track

for me was in 2011 when DJing the Costa Del Soul in Spain. I followed Yocky, who had lit up the

floor with some quality Northern Soul, and opened with this track. The same people who had been

tearing it up to 100mph oldies now clapped and smiled their way through Bob Sinclair's Tribute.

Over the years many people have tried and failed to find this track. They were looking for Tribute

and not the album it is on. Now it finally gets an official release on vinyl through Sonic Wax (years

after I recommended it to them!) and everyone can get a piece of dance floor magic which spans

Modern and Northern rooms on our fantastic scene. There is a line in the song which is perfect 'So

much peace, so much love like back in the days. So clap your hands with us and join in this

tribute of love of sound of music together.' Nuff said!

Andy Jackson

post-13571-0-20765700-1340204376_thumb.j

bobsinclairTRIBUTE.mp3

PAYPAL smoothsoulinc@googlemail.com

£12.75

please write tribute in message

Regards

lee jeffries

Social source share

soul auctionsTap here for 24hr ebay Lists  Sign in to Switch Ebay Lists OFF 
  • Replies 2
  • Views 10.4k