• Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

The following uses the same backing track:

Rodd Keith - Like The Lord Said

Rodd Keith - Gloria

Rodd Keith - Don't You Tempt Me

Rodd Keith - I'm A Man

There's supposed to be another version of it by Rodd called "If You Don't Dig Rock'n'Roll" but I've never heard it.

Plus an LP-only track by The MSR Singers as well, don't know the title of it but Pete S has mentioned it in the past.

Social source share

The following uses the same backing track:

Rodd Keith - Like The Lord Said

Rodd Keith - Gloria

Rodd Keith - Don't You Tempt Me

Rodd Keith - I'm A Man

There's supposed to be another version of it by Rodd called "If You Don't Dig Rock'n'Roll" but I've never heard it.

Plus an LP-only track by The MSR Singers as well, don't know the title of it but Pete S has mentioned it in the past.

seen and heard the one with "rock and roll" in the title and is same backing

its listed on a couple of sites as

I Wanna Rock And Roll The Moon Back Home - not sure if thats 100% right as reckon I would have remembered that as so offbeat but could be memory playing up

Social source share

I've had this version...terrible lyric...can't find my scan but recall it credited as, 'If You Don't Like Rock'n'Roll'.

The only one I've kept is the one that stands head and shoulders above the rest...the definitive....the Stafford anthem, 'Like The Lord Said'.

:hatsoff2:

Edited by Flynny
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

Thanks guys, ill be cecking out all those mentioned, and ideas on price of, 'the lord said'? or any of the others for that matter.

Very rare and very expensive that one. Never had it myself. I believe I had the first copy of Gloria though (no worries if I stand corrected on that), sold it for £300 a long long time ago, I'd say it's actually worth less than that now.

Social source share

Guest soulmaguk

Had a couple of rod keiths on preview, he spells it rodd sometimes or rood also. check out 'The Eyes Have It' also 'Great Fever' both obscure dancers.

Edited by soulmaguk
Social source share

Very rare and very expensive that one. Never had it myself. I believe I had the first copy of Gloria though (no worries if I stand corrected on that), sold it for £300 a long long time ago, I'd say it's actually worth less than that now.

Thanks Pete, I suspected 'the lord said' was hard. gloria's not a bad version, the verse's are ok but the chorus a little weak.

Social source share

Guest soulmaguk

If he spells it Rood it's a mistake on the label!

yes its a mistake, i'll see if i can dig it out pete and scan it.

post-5890-0-82781000-1340292413_thumb.jp

post-5890-0-80762500-1340292427_thumb.jp

Edited by soulmaguk
Social source share

Guest in town Mikey

Thanks to this thread I just had an embarrasing moment at work.

The Lord Said has been going around my nut all day, I walked into a kitchen area where we make our tea and stuff, and blurted out 'The Lord is the master and I'm his slave'. Safe in the knowledge I was alone.

Apart from Sue who had quietly followed me in, and was looking at me like she thought I was going to have a break down and try to save her soul or something. I mumbled something about a song I like....nn nn nn not a hymn or nuthin, and beat a retreat. She just walked past as I'm typing, obviously avoiding any eye contact.

Social source share

There's over 830 45 releases on the Preview discography so who knows what else is decent on it? I have a really good girl dancer b-side, drawing a blank on name/title but it os the flip of something atrociously bad, plenty of those on the label!

Social source share

Thanks to this thread I just had an embarrasing moment at work.

The Lord Said has been going around my nut all day, I walked into a kitchen area where we make our tea and stuff, and blurted out 'The Lord is the master and I'm his slave'. Safe in the knowledge I was alone.

Apart from Sue who had quietly followed me in, and was looking at me like she thought I was going to have a break down and try to save her soul or something. I mumbled something about a song I like....nn nn nn not a hymn or nuthin, and beat a retreat. She just walked past as I'm typing, obviously avoiding any eye contac

psser.

Social source share

• 5 years later...

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!