Soulsource Record Club, Your Record Of The Day Mid-Summer

• Replies 454
  • Views 19.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

We haven't had many inst so thought I'd throw one up that a lot us have in our collection but might not know?If you've got a copy of "Shaft" Isaac Hayes hidden away somewhere dig it out & turn it over to find this little beaut on the B side.There's been a recent re-mix that got a few plays but can't remember by who??

Isaac Hayes-Cafe Regio's Stax

Cheers

Martyn

Social source share

We haven't had many inst so thought I'd throw one up that a lot us have in our collection but might not know?If you've got a copy of "Shaft" Isaac Hayes hidden away somewhere dig it out & turn it over to find this little beaut on the B side.There's been a recent re-mix that got a few plays but can't remember by who??

Isaac Hayes-Cafe Regio's Stax

Cheers

Martyn

You just have to see the spoof movie called "Black Dynamite" made in 2009 looks like it was filmed in 1973 based on John Shaft............ :D

• Helpful 1
Social source share

:hatsoff2: HI ALL As it's Friday! here's a record that I got from MICK SMITH in 1972 after his trip to the USA, and to my ears, it is the best example of uptempo soul, over the years I have had this in every form, but it is the red & white Atlantic Demo that I got from Mick,

:thumbup: :thumbup: my #1 fave instrumental :thumbsup: DAVE

Dave

Proper old school inst...........love it :thumbsup:

Cheers

Martyn

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Never been a massive Ray fan & only have a couple of 45's by him but this is a brilliant dancer by him.Massive nighter tune a few years back & still today when it gets a runout it always gets a dance.

Ray Charles-Something Inside ABC

Cheers

Martyn

PS Having my first visit to Burscough today,really looking forward it :thumbsup:

Edited by hullsoul
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

My first visit to Burscough for there 5th anniversary & it certainly won't be my last,bit of a trek for us but well worth the effort.Nigh on a perfect mix of tunes for me,some I had,some I'd not heard in ages & some brilliant new stuff to me.........as I say just about perfect.Plus it was a full house with a great atmosphere at nice venue,so ticked most box & I'd recommend a visit if you've not already been.

So thought I'd throw one up that got played last night,not a cheapie but worth every penny (suppose it was a cheapie for me as it was a birthday present :D ),one of my fave group tunes.

Paramount Four-You Don't Know Southern City

Cheers

Martyn

Edited by hullsoul
Social source share

Double sided stomper from me today.Anyone remember when this was first played,it's one of those tunes I've known years but can't remember where I heard it first??

Jimmy & Vella Cameron-Lovin' Such A Groove/I Know A Place Reprise

Cheers

Martyn

Social source share

My first visit to Burscough for there 5th anniversary & it certainly won't be my last,bit of a trek for us but well worth the effort.Nigh on a perfect mix of tunes for me,some I had,some I'd not heard in ages & some brilliant new stuff to me.........as I say just about perfect.Plus it was a full house with a great atmosphere at nice venue,so ticked most box & I'd recommend a visit if you've not already been.

So thought I'd throw one up that got played last night,not a cheapie but worth every penny (suppose it was a cheapie for me as it was a birthday present :D ),one of my fave group tunes.

Paramount Four-You Don't Know Southern City

Cheers

Martyn

I love that record, been on my wants list for a long time, never seem to have the money when ones come up.

A curse on you Martyn!

Social source share

I love that record, been on my wants list for a long time, never seem to have the money when ones come up.

A curse on you Martyn!

Paul

Had it couple of years now & there only used to be Bob Hinsley who played it at one time but you hear it played quite a bit these days...........quite right too,proper group tune.

I'd say I was sorry it's in my box & not yours but I aren't really :D

Cheers

Martyn

Social source share