Soulsource Record Club, Your Record Of The Day Mid-Summer

• Replies 454
  • Views 19.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

love this and haven't heard it out since ..... oh since.... it's that long i can't remember! (or is that the alzheimers?......... at least i don't have alzheimers, or if i do i dont remember!)

Eddie Whitehead - Just Your Fool

ps Brid has been great so far!

Edited by MrC
Social source share

Bloody hell two weedenders on the trot is hard work,didn't help acquiring a chest infection from Cleggy so Friday & Saturday I was still rough fortunately by Sunday the vodka had killed the infection off so could party at full throttle.Spent most of the weekend between the rare & underplayed room & the R n B room where I had two spots.The R & U room lacked a bit of atmosphere at times this year,plenty of great stuff played but not a lot of imagination from behind the decks imo?Couldn't say that about the R n B room,it was rockin' all weekend,had a ball djing in there.Did the last spot on Saturday night & when they turn the light's on you are supposed to go home.......I still managed to get about another six records on & they had to crowbar me off the decks :D Andy managed to go see the Red Bar boys for a bit on Sunday night,Chappy thinks he's turned me to the dark side :thumbup:

Not caught up with all the posts while I've been away but when I can stay awake I will :sleep3:

Todays post is the last record I played in the light on Saturday night............

Spencer Wiggins-Lonely Man Goldwax

Cheers

Martyn

PS Will be doing my playlist when I get a minute & can send it to anyone who is interested :thumbsup:

Edited by hullsoul
Social source share

After loads of cocking about I've finally sorted my techie problems out.............I think?

So todays post is a cheap twofer that should be in everyones collection imo.

Richard Brown-Sweet & Kind Steeltown Inc.

Richard Brown-Don't Listen To The Grapevine Steeltown Inc.

The B side is an answer to Motown's "Heard It Through The Grapevine" & great bit of funky northern.

Cheers

Martyn

Social source share

:hatsoff2: HI & SORRY ANDY? BUT I HAVE JUST GOT TO POST THIS, AS IT WAS MENTIONED BY ME IN THE RCA POSTING,

This is not quite as good as my copy on RCA 10" but has all the right ingredients1 THE MEMPHIS HORNS - GET UP AND DANCE RCA 77 DISCO or proper FUNK who cares it is one of my fave tunes 10" acetate £25 but most versions are £5 - £10, classic soul nice and cheap

:rofl: DAVE DOUBLE DEX :ohmy:https://youtu.be/jSUowAZG8nQ

post-13241-0-52807800-1340837689_thumb.jhttps://youtu.be/jSUowAZG8nQ

Edited by dthedrug
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

Vicki Anderson "Message from a soul sister"

Simple choice for me today - the reason - I love it! gets a play almost everyday in my house, and is the one song never taken off my ipod!

Social source share