Mark Rez Reduced Sales - Most Stuff Now Half-Price...100% Pure Poison, Gospel Classics, Norman Johnson Etc Etc

I use the Record Collector standard to grade my records - as below:

M is ONLY for reissues / new releases / sealed records

M- is a pretty much unplayed record for me - any obvious signs that a record has been played and I usually downgrade to an EX+

EX+ is a very strong grade for me - just showing some signs of being played but no noise / cue burn / crackle / styrene burn at all.

VG+ is for records that have obviously seen some wear and have had a good few plays and may even have light intro crackle but play very, very well.

VG is for records with quite a bit of wear and surface markings and some noise / crackle but still a very good player

VG- is my lowest grade and VG- records for me are in bad shape - lots of sound quality deterioration and many, many surface marks - not nice.

Postage is extra - will ship anywhere - strict gradings, extra scans / mp3s / info available upon request - PM or email me on mail@resolutionrecords.co.uk

Cheers........Mark Rez

Norman Johnson & The Showmen 'Our Love Will Grow' / 'You're Everything' (Action (swirl) / UK / 1969 / Ex) £50

( Wonderful copy of this evergreen NS oldie...OG first red/yellow swirl label press here too - both sides just huge parts of Northern Soul folklore... )

The Moments 'Nine Times' (All Platinum / UK / 1976 / M-) £5

( Stonking UK press copy of this monster Modern / Northern Soul classic...

Chuck Jackson 'I've Got The Need' (All Platinum / UK / 1975 / M-) £5

( Ditto the above.... )

Nino Tempo & 5th Ave Sax 'Sister James' (A&M / USA / 1973 / VG+) £5

( Classic Northern instrumental....scruffy labels and a few very minor scuffs here and there so priced down from the current going rate of £15 / £20+ for a minter ....still a great copy...dancefloor essential )

Soul Brothers Six 'I'll Be Loving You' / 'Some Kind Of Wonderful' (Atlantic (red) / UK / 1967 / VG) £15

( Bit rough this one so priced down - lotsa surface marks/scuffs and some background crackle - great UK press so plays loud and proud - yet another colossal NS oldie this month... )

Ben E. King 'The Record (Baby, I Love You)' / 'The Way You Shake It' (Atlantic (black) / UK / 1965 / VG+) £10

( Lotsa scuffs / hairlines but still a great / loud player - superb, atmospheric, mid-paced Northern Soul....the flip is also exemplary..... )

Esther Phillips 'Catch Me I'm Falling' ( Atlantic / UK / 1972 / M-) £15

( Unplayed big 'A' demo copy... )

Sons Of Robin Stone 'Got To Get You Back' (Atlantic / UK / 1974 / M-) £8

( Unplayed big 'A' demo copy... )

Deon Jackson 'Love Makes The World Go Round' / 'You Said You Loved Me' (Atlantic / UK / 1965 / Ex) £25

( Just a few minor scuffs / hairline scuffs here - tiny bit of intro crackle - fades immediately the music starts...beautiful copy...

The Incredibles 'There's Nothing Else To Say' (Audio Arts / USA / 1960s / Ex+) £50

( Right up there with the biggest / best / most popular 45s EVER played on the Northern Soul scene from day dot to now...99% immaculate copy which looks to have had VERY few plays to me...here we have the green label Amy-Mala distributed label press and I'll be surprised if there's a cleaner copy on the whole planet...! )

The Lovelites 'I Found Me A Lover' / 'You Better Stop It' (Bandera / USA / 1960s / VG+) £15

( I believe this to be the debut release from these talented trio of ladies from the Windy City who went on to give us the massive 'Love So Strong' on 20th Century (big personal fave of mine) and also the humungously brilliant/rare 'With Love From The Lovelites' LP on Uni - 'I F M A L' is just wonderful, wonderful girlie, mid-paced Northern Soul with gorgeous harmonies while 'Y B S I' is slightly more uptempo and an equally wonderful dancer - you cannot mistake Patti Hamilton's inimitable vocal style once you've heard it, right? )

Ike Quebec 'The Buzzard Lope' / 'Blue Friday' (Blue Note / 1960s / USA / VG+) £4

( 2 great Soul-Jazz cuts from a master craftsman - some scuffs / slight crackle - tuff on 45....

Lee Dorsey & Betty Harris 'Love Lots Of Lovin' / 'Take Care Of Our Love' (Buffalo / UK / 1969 / M-) £15

( Stunning double-sider from these two titans of Soul / R&B...looks unplayed to me... )

The Gospel Classics 'More Love, That's What We Need' (Chess / UK / 1968 / VG+) £75

( Incredibly hard to find in nice shape on UK press - few surface marks / scuffs and minor intro/outro crackle but this copy would be many other dealer's Ex, believe me - in the correct Chess UK custom sleeve and undinked for a change too - a stunner, people.... )

Fontella Bass & Bobby McClure 'Don't Mess Up A Good Thing' + 3 (Chess EP / UK / 1966 / VG+) £15

( Been in my storage for years so is a bit dusty - I'll clean it before I ship - just a few scuffs here and there - otherwise a great copy of a rare record...we also get 'Safe And Sound' , 'Peak Of Love' and 'Don't Jump' - top, top EP... )

Fruit 'Say It' / 'If You Feel It, Say Yeah' (Cypress / USA / 1978 / M-) £55

( UNPLAYED COPY...possibly THE most indemand Modern Soul 7" on the whole scene right now - 2 sides of ultra-classy Modern Soul / Boogie - and - this one comes with the record company mailer too - exquisite 7"...

The Spellbinders 'Help Me (Get Myself Back Together Again)' / 'Chain Reaction' (Direction / UK / 1966 / VG) £12

( Stone-Gold classic NS dancer from right, right back in the day - well-played / loved but still a good player and VERY rare on this big 'A' demo press, believe me... )

Eric Donaldson 'Blue Boot' / 'Version' (Dynamic / UK / 1972 / EX) £8

( Great copy...excellent cut/s from Eric with a dark Dub to the flip.... )

100% Pure Poison 'You Keep Coming Back' (EMI / UK / 1974 / M-) £75

( UNPLAYED (and I mean 'like new') factory sample / demo copy of this ever-indemand, UK-only Northern / Modern Soul dancer - up there with the best, impossible to find as clean and undinked like this one is... )

Jerry Washington 'Set Your Soul On Fire' / 'Let Me Get Close To You' (Excello / USA / 1974 / M-) £15

( Unplayed copy of this currently H-U-G-E indemander....both sides absolutely kill it - one side is outstanding 70s Northern Soul and fairly uptempo at that while the flip is raucous Funk - believe me, this has been going @ £50 on the Interbay and for lesser condition copies than this - trust me, this copy has never even seen a Technics...possibly THE best double-sider on the whole List... )

Three Pieces 'I Need You Girl' (Fantasy / UK / 1975 / M-) £20

( UNPLAYED DEMO COPY )

The Impressions 'Get Up And Move' / 'Woman's Got Soul' (HMV / UK / 1965 / VG+) £15

( Few scuffs / marks and some minimal intro/outro noise/crackle - overall a fantastic copy...just the epitome of good time Chicago Northern Soul for me....does it really get any better...? )

The Impressions 'It's All Right' / 'You'll Want Me Back' (HMV / 1963 / UK / VG+) £12

( Few scuffs / marks and some minimal intro/outro noise/crackle - overall a fantastic copy...just the epitome of good time Chicago Northern Soul for me....does it really get any better...? The fella's harmonies have never, ever sounded better than on here, believe me....a spine-tingler... )

The O'Jays 'Stand In For Love' / Friday Night' (Liberty / UK / 1966 / VG+) £15

( Great copy of this outstanding NS oldie / double-sider......few scuffs / marks here and there, minimal......... )

Maxine Brown 'I Can't Get Along Without You' / 'Reason To Believe' (Major Minor / UK / 1970 / VG+) £15

( Hard 'stamped' Demo copy of these 2 immaculate tunes from this beautiful voice - one lovely mid-pacer and the other a lush ballad - stunning condition apart from a few minor surface marks here and there...

Young-Holt Unlimited 'Soulful Strut' (MCA / UK / 1968 / VG+) £4

( Beautiful 'yellow swirl' MCA label copy of this excellent NS instrumental...few scuffs / marks and a little intro/outro crackle but nothing awful... )

Barbara Acklin 'Love Make A Woman' (MCA / UK / 1968 / Ex) £6

(Beautiful 'yellow swirl' MCA label copy of this excellent NS instrumental...few scuffs / marks and very, very minor intro/outro crackle but not much at all really.... )

Barbara Acklin 'Am I The Same Girl (Soulful Strut)' / 'Be By My Side' (MCA / UK / 1968 / VG) £8

( beautiful 'yellow swirl' copy again but lotsa scuffs/marks and some minor background crackle but nothing that would hamper your enjoyment of this simply stunning tune... )

Jess and James 'Move' (MGM / UK / 1967 / Ex+) £10

( Stunning copy of this cracking Northern dancer... )

Classy Magic 'Move To Fast' (Moods Production / USA / 1988 / M) £40

( Unplayed copy of this currently HUGE indemander - how do I start to describe this? Pure Modern Soul / Boogie with some of THE fattest slap basslines on the block and a joyous male/female vocal interplay - oh boy! Trust me, this is just special - would nice up ANY dance - stone, stone MINTER....just realised what it reminds me of, Leroy Hutson's 'Blackberry Jam' and my regulars will know how much I LURVE that sorta sound..........

Bottom & Company 'Spread The News' (Motown / USA / 1974 / M-) £20

( Unplayed Mono / Stereo copy...such a good NS / Modern Soul dancer...

The Mohawks 'Ride Your Pony' / 'Western Promise' (Pama / UK / 1969 / Ex+) £15

(Stunning copy - has had very few plays... )

Charlie Rich 'Mohair Sam' (Philips / UK / 1965 / Ex) £15

( Stunning Mod / Beat cut which is now gaining a lot of fans - yep - this IS the same Charlie Rich who went on to become one of THE biggest selling C & W artists of all time....absolutely brilliant cut here, pure 6Ts pressure...small price sticker on label which I'll try to remove before shipping - few scuffs / hairlines but generally a top copy.... )

Jerry Lee Lewis 'Hi Heel Sneakers' (Philips / UK / 1964 / M-) £5

( I never even knew 'The Killer' had even done a version of this total classic, did you? Absolutely wicked version - as you'd expect - from a man who could almost make his piano talk.....99% unplayed in it's correct Mercury custom sleeve.... )

Billy Cole 'Extra Careful' (Power Exchange / UK / 1975 / M-) £30

( Unplayed demo copy / factory of this currently HUGE Modern / Northern Soul dancer which sounds so good at the moment...immaculate and undinked copy here.... )

Dee Dee Warwick 'Funny How We Change Places' (Private Stock / USA / 1975 / M-) £25

( Unplayed copy of this currently HUGE Modern Soul / Xover dancer - blowing up big again all over the scene - loving the flutes on this........ )

Sugar Pie Desanto 'Soulful Dress' / 'Use What You Got' (Pye International / UK / 1964 / VG+) £20

( Worn but still very, very good copy of this monster R&B / Northern Soul double-sider from one of the best screamers in the business...lots and lotsa scuffs / marks and some minimal background crackle but still a very loud and proud player.... )

Maxine Brown 'Oh No, Not My Baby' / 'You Upset My Soul' (Pye International / UK / 1964 / VG+) £20

( Absolute classic NS midpacer and a huge spin on the 'scene since the very, very early days....very worthy flip too....lotsa scuffs / marks but still a great, great player.... )

King George 'I'm Gonna Be Somebody, Someday' / 'Drive On James' (RCA-Victor / UK / 1966 / Ex) £20

( Huge, blue-eyed Northern Soul oldie, such a great, Detroit-styled dancer - always had lots of admirers...dinked middle and a few scuffs / marks but still a lovely, lovely copy.....flip is also stunning, believe me...

The Sons Of Moses 'Soul Symphony' / 'Fatback' (Sagittarius / USA / 1970s / Ex+) £10

( Stunning copy....second press here people but this is the REAL flavour of Northern Soul from right back in the day when instrumentals ruled...takes me back, I can tell ya... )

Hank Jacobs 'So Far Away' / 'Monkey, Hips and Rice' (Sue / UK / 1964 / VG) £20

( Lotsa scuffs / some crackle on intro/outro but still sounding absolutely amazing for a 48 year old 7"....clean labels and undinked - a minor miracle in itself...just grab it, ya won't be disappointed....... )

J.R Bailey 'Heaven On Earth' / 'After Hours' (Toy / USA / 1972 / M-) £5

( Unplayed copy of this simply awe-inspiring double-sider... )

The Emotions 'So I Can Love You' / 'Got To Be The Man' (Volt / USA / 1969 / USA / Ex+) £8

( Wonderful X-over tune on topside which is actually pretty rare, flip also well worth a whirl.... )

--

Mark O'Shaughnessy

mail@resolutionrecords.co.uk

www.resolutionrecords.co.uk

Edited by Guest
Social source share

soul auctionsTap here for 24hr ebay Lists  Sign in to Switch Ebay Lists OFF 
  • Replies 1
  • Views 979
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic