100 Club Anniversary

Guest Stuart T

• Replies 44
  • Views 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Me and my old mucker "Smithy" are making the trip down from Sheffield be in London around 7 pm, any idea of a drink near 100 before hand?

Brett,

This is mega-cheeky, but I'm travelling down from Leeds on my Jack-Jones, any chance we could make a convoy, or better still, save me from myself and tag along with you lot????

A swift Piss-Off will not offend!

Soulsville, we have got 2 coach tickets from Sheffield (this is a left over from last months trip, when we went down with the Manchester crowd, usually we go down by train, can get a £15 return but they where all sold so we opted for the cheapest option) So mate you can try and get on our coach by all means info as follows.

National Express depart Sheffield interchange :14:45

arrive London :18:50.........return Sunday :09:30.....if you wanna come down with us then send me a private message with your mobile number and i'll make sure we get to meet you in Sheffield prior to leaving.

Fully understand if this is a bit of a mess around for you, so don't feel obliged we won't be offended.

yours Brett

Guest Andy BB

"Now... where the f*** did I put that ticket??"

What are you talking about? Where did you put him...He'll be standing next to us in a cheap suit as usual!

Speaking of which, I don't care how hot it is, it's a special occasion and I expect everyone to be suited and booted or it's goin off BIG TIME!

More importantly ... What's on the Feckin 45 Ady?!?!?  :-)

Andy> That's no way to talk about Parliament... just you wait till I tell him!

OOOh I cant wait,  me!

LOL you still don't know? Jesus I have known for about * months now :-)

Guest Stuart T

But who IS DJing?

I saw a list of DJ times, although I think Greg had made it up as he had quite a good spot. BTW has that Dean bloke got any records?

Drinks beforehand in the Star & Garter in Poland Street if anyone needs watering. A traditional expensive London boozer. No dancing on the bar.

Is there any where to park near by? As it's first and last venture into the strange world of Northern Soul, I don't want do be driving round & round and miss it!

I normally park on Newman Street, this is the next street past the 100 going towards Tottenham Court Road, you shouldn't have any problems.

Cheers

Nick

Me and Micky are going along with a convoy of about a million people!

Pete Gent rang Mick in the week and told him that we were going to a mod alldayer first, I smelt a rat and quite rightly so!! turns out he "forgot" to add ern to the end and its turns out to be a MODERN do' Complete B***ard!! Needless to say, we will be going elsewhere beforehand (If you know us you know why!)

Anyone heard about a mod thing though near to the BT tower at a place called Needles Wine Bar tomorrow??

Jodie x

Me and Micky are going along with a convoy of about a million people!

Pete Gent rang Mick in the week and told him that we were going to a mod alldayer first, I smelt a rat and quite rightly so!!  turns out he "forgot" to add ern to the end and its turns out to be a MODERN do' Complete B***ard!!  Needless to say, we will be going elsewhere beforehand (If you know us you know why!)

Anyone heard about a mod thing though near to the BT tower at a place called Needles Wine Bar tomorrow??

Jodie x

I hope Petes mucking about Jodie cause I'm going in that convoy LOL

Convoy??!!

We're doin it the Yorkshire way, that's right, the National Express way!!!!!

Thrifty as ever.

I hope I make my connections and catch up with Brett & Co. at Sheffield, or I'm gonna be bored senseless on the way down!!

Here's to tomorrow - (CHING!!!!)

Amazing what a can of Stones sounds like!!!!

Oh yeah, where are we meeting before? you crazy people!!!!

Jamie my friend you'll make that connection......"God knows his flock"..........

Look if we can't get a beer on board we will smuggle some on....it's worth getting ejected at Crouch End ........

later Soul Sources.......be lucky..

yours Brett......in anticipation (plus if i see anyone with a tape recorder, my mate Smithy will wrap it around their head.....)

Quite right too Karen!

I think we should oust him as party leader, mainly because he's crap and a big fat porkie teller!!

Nice Ian doesn't wanna go to a modern do either so I think we should commandeer the convoy in the interests of public safety.

Quite right too Karen!

I think we should oust him as party leader, mainly because he's crap and a big fat porkie teller!!

Nice Ian doesn't wanna go to a modern do either so I think we should commandeer the convoy in the interests of public safety.

"Anyone heard about a mod thing though near to the BT tower at a place called Needles Wine Bar tomorrow??"

Buyer beware. It's not really a Mod do, more sixties and psyche stuff really. Lots of hot pants and big hair and not a lot of soul.

BB

Just got back from the 100 club and have to say a massive THANK YOU to Ady and all involved. Absolutely storming night and a fantastic illustration of what makes this scene so uniquely special.

Great people, great atmosphere, great act and great music.

Thanks a million.

Looking forward to the 50th anniversary.

BB

Sycophantism over. Back to my usual sarcasm.

Guest Johnny One Trout

I quite agree Andy we are not long in after an absolutely fantastic night bit knackered at the moment so will cobble some words together later but a big thanks to Ady and the 6T's 100 Club people especially Kolla bless her stuck on the door all night with a bag full of doughnut holes!!!

JoT

It was a brilliant night - and a somewhat crazier party fest than normal. Dean Parrish was awesome - and I loved his version of "It'll never be over for me" Anyone got any photos of him in his beret ??

And the anniversary record was ....

THE MAGICIANS "Faith & Understanding" b/w 70s midtempo number by WEE WILLIE WALKER "I don't want to take a chance"

I had a good night (even tho' I slopped off early - lightweight!), Dean Parrish was excellent.

It was good to meet: Kolla, Al-R, Karen C, Jodie, JTrouble & Soulsville (Jamie).  Hope to see you all again soon.

Great to meet you too Supercorsa, also InTownMikey. Most of the SSCDT were there. Lovely to see everyone at the 3am meeting ;-)

Guest in town Mikey

It was a cracking night. Nicely rounded off by the sense of intense paranoia floating aroung the coffee bar in the morning when two policemen stopped in for their coffee break. The whole room stopped chewing their gum and looked worried.

Great putting faces to names on here. Now if I could just remember any of it.....Oh yeah highlight of the night for me. Mick Smith playing 'Aint no Mountain High enough'. I was by the stage chatting to Dawn Brown and we watched as the whole room sang along with massive massive smiles on their faces. Top quality!

It was a cracking night. Nicely rounded off by the sense of intense paranoia floating aroung the coffee bar in the morning when two policemen stopped in for their coffee break. The whole room stopped chewing their gum and looked worried.

My paranoia started a bit before that when Karen said the CCTV cameras over the road upstairs were watching us in the coffee shop..... can imagaine how we felt when the police turned up downstairs LOL

Highlights - sending strangers and friends up to Roger Stewart for requests, strangely enough he didn't have any of them in his box :-)

SSCDT - 3am meeting in Kolla's booth with doughnuts

Oh and who's copy of the entertainer was that Mick, yours or Adys?

Oh and who's copy of the entertainer was that Mick, yours or Adys?

It was Mick's and may have sounded a bit different because he seemed to be playing everything at 48. I think you spiked his drink with the wrong sort of Rohypnol.

Thanks to all concerned for making it a great night, Dean sang his socks off again, particularly good because he hates singing to tracks.

Guest in town Mikey

Thanks to all concerned for making it a great night, Dean sang his socks off again, particularly good because he hates singing to tracks.

You could really see how much confidence he has following his first visit to the UK.

At Cleethorpes he looked a little like a rabbit caught in headlights, and slightly baffled at the fantastic response he got. He might have even been a tiny bit suspicious.

On Saturday night he looked like he was having a ball, and it came thru the mic.

I dont think I have ever or will ever enjoy anyone singing to a backing track, as much as I enjoyed that.

It was fantastic. A truly great night. Me & Brett & Tony sloped off just after 6am. Backlegs had gone.

Didn't get home until after 2pm, so yesterday was all-out feather action I'm afraid!!!! LOL

Great to meet everybody. Good to see Dean Parrish live.

My best memory of the night, apart from meeting all the SSCDT members and all the fellow Soul-Sourcers was when Keb played his set.

'I'm gonnae play sum seventies, and if ya don't like it, then ya can F*@K OFF!!!!'

Pure class...........