Popsike Charging?

Have you been using it a lot recently? If so, just lay off it for a day or two and it should be free again.

I think it has something to do with heavy usage. Perhaps if you use it for more than a certain number of searches, it recognises this fact and suggests you get unlimited usage for a fee.

Failing that, try using Collectors Frenzy instead.

Edited by denbo
Social source share

I pay the fee. Sometimes if you need to do a lot of research you can use it 10, 20, 30 times a day. You only get about ten free searches per day.

for a full time record dealer $18 for 6 months seems pretty good.

Even as a part time collector I wouldn't object to paying that price. It seems like a good deal to me.

My usage must be pretty low as i've never been asked if I want to pay.

Social source share

I've been on it this morning and just had a message from them saying I can't have any other queries today unless I cough up approx $18 for 6 months. Anyone else had this?

Ady

At least you got some sort of response from your enquiry....I'm still waiting for a reply from you regards my PM sent over a week ago :wicked::D

Social source share

I paid the fee. I paid it like 18 months ago and have not had to repay even though it's supposed to only be 6 months. It definitely pays for itself.

the scans on collectorsfrenzy are all sized too small (they reduce the image) and you can't read them, it has less history since it's newer, and you can't search the descriptions which is the biggest negative. The thing people like about collectorsfrenzy is that they have an iphone app so people use them in record stores.

Social source share

Popsike is probably a waste of time in the majority of cases due to the age of many of the auction prices and the disparity between the lowest and highest price item. Far better using something like this site. Totally free and up to date.

I haven't paid and won't be paying for popsike.

Social source share

Popsike is probably a waste of time in the majority of cases due to the age of many of the auction prices and the disparity between the lowest and highest price item.

I agree, pricing things by going solely by Popsike is of no use.

The prices are however the LAST thing I take notice of when I'm using Popsike.

It's a massive hub of information about records, that's why it's so good.

Edited by Sebastian
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

I agree, pricing things by going solely by Popsike is of no use.

The prices are however the LAST thing I take notice of when I'm using Popsike.

It's a massive hub of information about records, that's why it's so good.

I agree with this, popsike was worth whatever few dollars I gave them to use it and I would gladly repay if I had to.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

If it is info from a scan then google will pull the Popsike scan up.....well it does when I do a search. But again with the info, it can be got elsewhere for free so still don't see the point in paying? Must be the Yorkshire Blood.

a google search will not always pull the popsike scan up, and i don't think it will if it's in the description. if something has sold multiple times recently it gives a real ballpark of ebay auction value as well as a ballpark of rarity. you can see many label variations as well as determine relative rarity of promo vs stock, etc. if there is enough data for it to be meaningful. if someone is looking up hundreds of records should they really post every one here? soul source isn't a free record pricing service and honestly i'd trust popsike better than some people's valuations.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!