Stuff You Recently Stumbled Across And Think - Yep, That's Good

Peter99

Guest Brooky

• Mint
  • 20 posts

Posted Today, 12:53 PM

Thanks for the replies very helpfull... :thumbsup: Okay guys i have gave this person long enough to reply and try and get things sorted .

He goes by the identity of paul8383paul on ebay .His name is Chris Walker from Middlesbrough ! I have got friends to question what is on the deadwax for clarification of his 'Originals' and he has replied NOT with the numbers but just 'Its 100% origonal' .In my instance however , with one of the records, he did state what he thought was on the matrix , but couldnt tell for sure as his eyes werent what they used to be ! This led me to believe it was an original but on inspection , what he said and what was there was 2 different things !!

I am NOT disputing that he may have genuine originals on ebay but the ones i returned were NOT , thats why i returned them .....no harm done , i thought ?? How wrong was I ??

I have opened a claim through paypal against him to try and get the money back.

If anyone knows this guy , please try and talk some sence into him and do the right thing by refunding my £190 for the two 'ORIGINALS' !! :hatsoff2:

Cheers

Eric

=================================================================================================================

Ironically there's one for sale at £150 BIN on ebay. The irony is that the seller is paul8383paul who is currently taking some stick on 'killiesoul's post 'Some Advice Please' :ohmy:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MY-GOOD-FRIEND-JAMES-THE-PIONEERS-RARE-NORTHERN-MODERN-SOUL-/320922183990?pt=UK_Records&hash=item4ab873e936

Edited by Brooky
Social source share

Guest Brett F

not that easy to get on ice or mercury a great record and still semi unknown (under played) price wise £100 approx.

Always stumbling across things I've never heard before and think - blimey that's good.

Here's my starter - please join in

[media=]

:thumbsup:

not that easy to get on ice or mercury a great record and still semi unknown (under played) price wise £100 approx.

I'm amazed you haven't come across this record before, i think it's quite played out to be honest, not a criticism but at events i attend this is really well known.

Social source share

Guest Brett F

i suppose your right brett but still lots of millage left in this in parts of the Uk

Like i said no criticism, i have the record and it's a good one to my ears, and certain tunes are perhaps more well known than others in different geographical locations. There will be plenty of records i don't know that others will and also be amazed that i don't know them.. :)

Social source share

Assuming its the same group Peter ...they also have a lp out on Mercury with a very nice stand out , cross over 70's track called "I'll Treasure the moments "

Its not pricey and worth the price ,just for the sleeve :wub:

Let me know if you want the details ?

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Assuming its the same group Peter ...they also have a lp out on Mercury with a very nice stand out , cross over 70's track called "I'll Treasure the moments "

Its not pricey and worth the price ,just for the sleeve :wub:

Let me know if you want the details ?

Hi Nev

I presume they are the same band - just been doing a bit of research. They are - were, a jamaican trio originally playing reggae. They teamed up with Eddy Grany in the 70's and put out some soul music including My Friend James. They have broken up and reformed on a number of occasions.

Yes send me the details of the album Nev.

Thanks

Peter

Social source share

Hi Nev

I presume they are the same band - just been doing a bit of research. They are - were, a jamaican trio originally playing reggae. They teamed up with Eddy Grany in the 70's and put out some soul music including My Friend James. They have broken up and reformed on a number of occasions.

Yes send me the details of the album Nev.

Thanks

Peter

The Pioneers are one of the most famous bands ever to emerge from Jamaica, having had countless hits there and several more in the UK, they became resident in the UK in the early 70's.

Social source share

Guest woody no1

It's a bit messy mate! :ohmy:

It's certainly different but not my cup of tea.

THANKS FOR YOUR HONESTY PETE NOT EVERYONES CUP OF TEA I KNOW STILL LIKE IT THOUGH
Social source share

Guest woody no1

This group (Unity on Apex) are exactly the same group as the Decisions on York / Sussex. They are from Atlanta, GA.

CHEERS MATE BEEN TRYING TO FIND SOME STUFF ABOUT THEM !!

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!