Emanuel Lasky - Dont Lead Me On

KevH

The recent press is Thelma 115 I think and it is Billy Kennedy actually. There was a full topic on this somewhere but I can't find it.

From Manship guide....

Don't Lead Me On Thelma 106

1st mix deadwax reads ARP Nashville Matrix ZTSC 97700 (scratched out) 97699 59

2nd mix deadwax reads ARP ZTSC 97699 and Nashville Matrix 59

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Hi.What's the story on the 2 versions on Thelma.One with girly vocal intro,one without.

Is one rarer than the other? Prices, etc please.

Thanks...Kev.

Hi.What's the story on the 2 versions on Thelma.One with girly vocal intro,one without.

Is one rarer than the other? Prices, etc please.

Thanks...Kev.

Hi Kev, I have both.....and in front of me, unfortunately not long home from work, so unable to play them, however they look identical/both Nashville stamped mattrix numbers with the same flipside mattrix scratched out and replaced with exactly the same rep, no.......I do know there is a slight difference from memory.....but nothing to shake walls down......Apologies for the excitement :g: ....Cheers wilxy

Social source share

114 a is joe matthews we got a good thing going i thought these had come out at the time on cds ?

I remember all those unreleased Thelmas and Groovesville recordings being advertised for sale on cassette tapes, but not on CDs, for the first several years they were available.

Social source share

I remember all those unreleased Thelmas and Groovesville recordings being advertised for sale on cassette tapes, but not on CDs, for the first several years they were available.

The "Thelma Story" CD on Goldmine, featuring the tracks discussed above, was released in 1994.

I have no idea if the 45s were available before that?

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!