The Gospel According To Dave Godin

Some of you will remember Pete Lawson's fantastic magazine. I've just got mine out of the garage, my intention is to digitise all three of them.

I've already sliced issues 1 and 2 down the middle as I'd done scans of some pages in the past.

However Ion getting the mags out this time I'm mission g several pages from the first two. Can anyone help me pout with the missing pages or borrow me the magazine so that I can scan? Gutted I was to find them missing pages!!!

Social source share

• Replies 10
  • Views 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Chalky/Jock,

Have been in my Loft this morning digging around...Safe from flooding up there!...

I have them Chalky so happy to send...Pm me your addy..

Also came across "Jock's view of Soul" which reminded me of you! Hope you are well mate!

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Guest Byrney

Mr Salter, how are you. Get in touch mate I have news for you :)

I'd love to see Petes mags, had them when he did them and remember them being funny and of course well informed.

Social source share

Hi Byrney mate.

I've PM'ed Robin. I've already started scanning what I've got, will do the rest when I get Robin's. I've also got issue three that was never released officially. Dave Rimmer put a few limited issues out some years ago.

There's a great interview with Butch and Pete's usual comments, you can just picture him coming lout with them as you read through :lol:

Once they are all scanned and digitised will sort something out so you can all read.

Social source share

Some of you will remember Pete Lawson's fantastic magazine.

He did the mag with Dave McCaddon (if thats how you spell his name).

I did some record reviews for them for the mag. Still trying to find my copies!

The mag was reprinted by a guy from the North East, as a tribute to Pete Lawson.

Pete called the mag "The Gospel According to Dave Godin" because he was the person who named Northern Soul!

Edited by Guest
Social source share

Mr Salter, how are you. Get in touch mate I have news for you :)

I'd love to see Petes mags, had them when he did them and remember them being funny and of course well informed.

Nice one Byrney! Intriguing!! Will message you..

Social source share

He did the mag with Dave McCaddon (if thats how you spell his name).

I did some record reviews for them for the mag. Still trying to find my copies!

The mag was reprinted by a guy from the North East, as a tribute to Pete Lawson.

Pete called the mag "The Gospel According to Dave Godin" because he was the person who named Northern Soul!

I have all three, just some pages missing somehow from the first two. Dave Malloy had a fair bit to do with it as well.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert