Anderson Brothers - I Can See Him Loving You

3 minutes ago, Peter99 said:

Company sleeve as well!

:D

I slide it into a spare one I have. It was dressed in an Arista company sleeve when he bought it. I had to pull out some nice "northern" soul 45's out of my collection and complete the trade with few out of my sales box as well to feel safe on the deal on both sides though. At last I own this track that I always loved.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

7 minutes ago, TagTag said:

Have you checked the markings run out?

Does it say PB?

Don't understand the "PB" but there's a circular "G" kinda machined symbol and on the mono side the run out groove is bigger than on the stereo side and it's all genuine. The mono side also has partial scratched out letters between numbers in the matrix.

Social source share

• 4 weeks later...

Now that I've managed to re-solder the external cable of my tonearm, install the new PCB and fit the 220VAC motor (was 16VAC) on my turntable, I can finally play some records all over again. So I manage to play my records and for the first time the bits'N'bobs I got in lately. And the Anderson Brothers for the very first time. And as a MONO freak that I am, I first played the MONO side... It's maybe MONO but it's actually altogether another mix !!! I still favor the known STEREO side, but this is a real treat and surprise to me. A long loved record that still reveals hidden sides after all this time. Epic !

Social source share

• 6 years later...

Picking up on this old thread, I have a copy (demo presumably), however the markings are not as mentioned previously.

The run out grooves are 13mm on mono side and 10mm on stereo side.

On the mono side it has etched in GSFM 1179 twice and 340.

On the stereo side it has GSFS 1179 etched once and also 340 (but a lot smaller).

There is no PB or G on either side that I can see. 

The record is a vinyl copy.

Got this in the 70's and assume it is a bootleg.

IMG_20230129_180943.thumb.jpg.72f05c7ccb02899c6cd7d42734a291e9.jpg

Edited by Theothertosspot
Added more info
Social source share

• 2 weeks later...
On 29/01/2023 at 19:29, Theothertosspot said:

On the mono side it has etched in GSFM 1179 twice and 340.

On the stereo side it has GSFS 1179 etched once and also 340 (but a lot smaller).

340 is a client number or similar that has been assosciated with counterfeit records.

I was working on a list of 340's on Discogs but it's been a while since I updated:
https://www.discogs.com/lists/340-matrix-Oneida-and-others/496942

Social source share

4 hours ago, LarsC said:

340 is a client number or similar that has been assosciated with counterfeit records.

I was working on a list of 340's on Discogs but it's been a while since I updated:
https://www.discogs.com/lists/340-matrix-Oneida-and-others/496942

sorry for hijacking but this sounds very interesting. Am I right that you assume that 340 is some sort of customer ID used by the Oneida record plant?

I just went through the Discogs list. Releases are right across the whole board of popular music. So I don't think 340 is linked to a specific client/customer. I guess this is just a sort of generic number used by Oneida. Maybe used each time a customer didn't want to have their names/addresses in the company's accounts?

• Up vote 1
Social source share

On 11/02/2023 at 22:30, Benji said:

sorry for hijacking but this sounds very interesting. Am I right that you assume that 340 is some sort of customer ID used by the Oneida record plant?

There's no solid evidence telling us what 340 actually is. I found the counterfeit theory through another forum but can't remember which one anymore, it's been a while since I dealt with the list. I seem to remember it may not only apply to Oneida. There are several obvious counterfeits pressed by them (and the owner had previous convictions for counterfeiting records) so they were involved in some way. Oneida was also located in Utica which is a city with a dubious history regarding organised crime.

Social source share

• 1 month later...
On 05/07/2012 at 21:06, Soulfulshoes said:

Hi.

I remember buying this as an "original" back in about 76 /77 paid £8 for it then which was half a weeks wage! Is there a difinitive way of spoting the boot, i seem to remember something about the run out groove edge being raised or flat or somethin else, but cant remember if that was on the boot or orig, so basically f##kin useless info!!!!

Also any idea what the original is worth nowadays? i saw the lookalike boot on here a few weeks ago for about £75?????

Im not sellin it by the way, just curious!

Thanks in advance for any help!!!!

replicas are some what thicker and have a ridged label although there are styrene repicas too

• Up vote 1
Social source share

• 11 months later...
On 14/07/2012 at 06:11, Andy Rix said:

I've held a stock copy. Pete Halas, from Spalding, had one late 70's. I think it went to Mr Raistrick along with his Del Larks, Joanne Courcy etc...

I've only seen one other since then

Andy

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!