Mac Davis...im Just In Love.. Columbia

Gasher

• Replies 13
  • Views 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

I've had quite a few of these, in the last Year, from this incredibly well known Country & Western superstar, and was selling them for between £10 & £20. I don't believe this to be a rare disc, judging by how many I've found in the past, and surely this hasn't been pushed up to "Auction" status, hey but what the F*** do I know! Anyhow, best I get some more, if this is going to be a "Licence to print Money"

Des

Social source share

ANYONE TELL ME A PRICE FOR THIS ON TODAYS MARKET

LAST ONE I SAW IAN CLARKE HAD FOR OFFERS ON AUCTION?

BALLPARK FIGURE ANYONE PLEASE :yes:

Hi there,

Would agree with Des about this tune, has sold for £10 to £20 about right but what do i know, all i do know is it's been around a while now, nice tune country meets soul down in muscle shoals, little bit more info for you first heard of this in an old manifesto mag, reviewed by Mr Ripolles and Mr Holyman ( they have good taste) also the track is on a album called forever lover which you can pick up cheap as chips and comes with the added bonus of a nice picture of Mr Davis looking like a cross between Tom Jones and David hasslehoff.

good luck

Andy Mann :yes:

Social source share

I've had quite a few of these, in the last Year, from this incredibly well known Country & Western superstar, and was selling them for between £10 & £20. I don't believe this to be a rare disc, judging by how many I've found in the past, and surely this hasn't been pushed up to "Auction" status, hey but what the F*** do I know! Anyhow, best I get some more, if this is going to be a "Licence to print Money"

Des

Des, I think to be fair to Ian Clarke, he often puts things as "open to offers" if he doesn't know what to charge, not necessarily because he thinks it's worth loads. Nice catchy, lightweight 70's dancer tho' but surely not worth a lot.

Jordi

Social source share

macdavisautograph.jpg

:( Good looking bloke when he didn't have a beard I think you'll agree. Was involved with the FAME studios if memory serves right. Elvis recorded his songs 'Little Less Conversation' and my fave 'The Ghetto'.

Edited by TheBigO
Social source share

Forgot to mention that Taffy, that guardian of all things soulful, put me onto an lp of his, self titled 'Mac Davis' that has a blinding crossover toon on it. Cant remember what the toon is as the house is still like a bombsite after Xmas and the building work but hopefully Taff will post here the title of the track. I also have a spare copy the said lp for sale @ £10

Social source share

Forgot to mention that Taffy, that guardian of all things soulful, put me onto an lp of his, self titled 'Mac Davis' that has a blinding crossover toon on it. Cant remember what the toon is as the house is still like a bombsite after Xmas and the building work but hopefully Taff will post here the title of the track. I also have a spare copy the said lp for sale @ £10

you losing the plot mate? :shades: it's the track this thread is about on forever love lp. you've got it yourself. :(

Social source share

Guest Netspeaky

macdavisautograph.jpg

:( Good looking bloke when he didn't have a beard I think you'll agree. Was involved with the FAME studios if memory serves right. Elvis recorded his songs 'Little Less Conversation' and my fave 'The Ghetto'.

Didn't this guy have a hit in the 70's with a song about a dog? :shades:
Social source share

Mark he hit the UK charts with "Oh lord its hard to be humble, when your perfect in every way...i cant wait to look in the mirror i get better looking each day".....christ i'll be singing this forever now...

ah go on heres the full lyrics

Oh Lord it's hard to be humble

when you're perfect in every way.

I can't wait to look in the mirror

cause I get better loking each day.

To know me is to love me

I must be a hell of a man.

but I'm doing the best that I can.

I used to have a girlfriend

but she just couldn't compete

with all of these love starved women

who keep clamoring at my feet.

Well I prob'ly could find me another

but I guess they're all in awe of me.

Who cares, I never get lonesome

cause I treasure my own company.

when you're perfect in every way,

cause I get better looking each day

To know me is to love me

I guess you could say I'm a loner,

a cowboy outlaw tough and proud.

I could have lots of friends if I want to

but then I wouldn't stand out from the crowd.

Some folks say that I'm egotistical.

Hell, I don't even know what that means.

I guess it has something to do with the way that I

fill out my skin tight blue jeans.

when you're perfect in every way,

cause I get better looking each day

To know me is to love me

We're doing the best that we can

Sad eh

The im just in love single is harder than everyone thinks...try and find one now ..last one went through ebay at £75...

Ive got the forever love album...(dire apart from this track)...but keep searching for the single and it doesnt appear often.

Edited by geordiejohnson
Social source share

Guest Netspeaky

Mark he hit the UK charts with "Oh lord its hard to be humble, when your perfect in every way...i cant wait to look in the mirror i get better looking each day".....christ i'll be singing this forever now...

The single is harder than everyone thinks...try and find one now ..last one went through ebay at £75...

Ive got the forever love album...(dire apart from this track)...but keep searching for the single and it doesnt appear often.

I knew he had a hit record, a memory from when I did pop disco's, most probably still got it tucked away with the pop records I've got, I keep meaning to go through them. :yes::rolleyes:
Social source share

Guest Netspeaky
He had a hit with " Baby baby dont get hooked on me" 1973? CBS
Correct I got mixed up with Lobo (That was a song about a dog) :rolleyes:
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert