Jakel

soul auctionsTap here for 24hr ebay Lists  Sign in to Switch Ebay Lists OFF 
  • Replies 15
  • Views 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

• 2 weeks later...

sean chapman has one and bob hinsley,however......soul sam had a legit 2nd issue for sale last week....so, the so-called bootlegs actually aren't...£80 it was and i also know sean has the same one on his sales lists...believe me, even these copies are bloody hard to find.....so much so that the price has rocketed,....but an espanola/blue lettering is gonna set you back at least 4 figures...or thats the general concensus of opinion.

Social source share

sean chapman has one and bob hinsley,however......soul sam had a legit 2nd issue for sale last week....so, the so-called bootlegs actually aren't...£80 it was and i also know sean has the same one on his sales lists...believe me, even these copies are bloody hard to find.....so much so that the price has rocketed,....but an espanola/blue lettering is gonna set you back at least 4 figures...or thats the general concensus of opinion.

4 figures in $$$$'s

It's tough but not a £1000 record on blue ink .

I thought £600 tops but hey ho ,4 figures if your selling and 3 if your buying :)

Social source share

spot on bro, and like i said, these aint boots..they're legit second issues

The first copies of Rufus Woods were found by Soul Bowl in Jim Russell's in New Orleans (100 copies to be precise)

being such a good record it sold out pretty quick so John contacted the label owner to get some more copies. The owner didn't have any so John got him to do a second press hence the green and black 2nd issue.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

The first copies of Rufus Woods were found by Soul Bowl in Jim Russell's in New Orleans (100 copies to be precise)

being such a good record it sold out pretty quick so John contacted the label owner to get some more copies. The owner didn't have any so John got him to do a second press hence the green and black 2nd issue.

Thanks for the info Dave

But doesn't pressing up records just to please the soul scene demand ,opposed to the band re releasing it ,constitute it being just a legal re-issue ?

Loop hole soulies unite :)

Social source share

Thanks for the info Dave

But doesn't pressing up records just to please the soul scene demand ,opposed to the band re releasing it ,constitute it being just a legal re-issue ?

Loop hole soulies unite :)

That's what happened Nev, nothing more, nothing less.

I've more going on in my real life than to sit on here all day nit picking, the optimum word in your post is 'Legal' and that's all that matters. What people wish or not wish to pay for it is entirely up to them.

Social source share

This is fascinating. Cheers everyone. Well I'm not going to go 4 figures for the original, that's for sure. I was thinking £500 tops tbh. Thanks for the offer, Toad, I may come back to you on that. for now I'm going to hold out for the first press because that's the sort of stupid thing collectors do, isn't it. Ha ha. I could do worse than track Trouble down, but with all this talk of 4 figs might have to let the dust settle first! Cheers.

Social source share

This is fascinating. Cheers everyone. Well I'm not going to go 4 figures for the original, that's for sure. I was thinking £500 tops tbh. Thanks for the offer, Toad, I may come back to you on that. for now I'm going to hold out for the first press because that's the sort of stupid thing collectors do, isn't it. Ha ha. I could do worse than track Trouble down, but with all this talk of 4 figs might have to let the dust settle first! Cheers.

This will save you the bother Jake

Social source share