Various Lp's Wanted

jocko

Updated - cmon on you lot, get digging

Okay, a punt on some LP's that would fill a hole in my record room, and my Heart, although not my Lovers record sleeve per FB on Friday, cryptic Moi!

Anyway like these LP's, as long as in playable condition and sleeves not totally destroyed, happy to accept lesser condition, for, as you have guessed it, lesser prices.

Appreciate a couple of them on various Web sites but the clue is in lesser price!

Any help appreciated. Contact my by PM please not on Thread.

Fontella Bass - New Look (Chess)

The Impressions - Check Out Your Mind (Curtom)

Jimmy Hughes - Why Not Tonight (Atco)

King Floyd - King Floyd (Chimneyville)

Bobby Hebb - Sunny (Phillips)

Voices Of East Harlem - Self Titled (Just Sunshine) one with Cashing In

Billy Butler - Hung Up On You (Pride)

Chapter 8 - Self Titled (Ariola)

Moments - A Moment With (Stang)

Moments - My Thing (Stang)

The Artistics - Look Out (Brunswick)

Bettye Swann (Money)

The Poppies - Lullaby of Love (Columbia)

LJ Reynolds - Travelling (Capitol)

Terry Callier - What Colour Is Love (Cadet)

Terry Callier - Occasional Rain (Cadet)

O'Jays - Back On Top (Bell)

Koko Taylor - Koko (Chess)

Koko Taylor - Basic Soul (Chess)

Little Milton - We're Gonna Make It (Chess)

Little Milton - Grits Ain't Groceries (Chess)

Little Milton - If Walls Could Talk (Chess)

I await with interest.

Cheers

Jock O'Connor

Edited by jocko
Social source share

soul auctionsTap here for 24hr ebay Lists  Sign in to Switch Ebay Lists OFF 

Think I've a couple of them for sale Jock

Let me dig 'em out and check conditions etc and get back to you tomorrow

Cheers

Steve

I amazed at the lack of any response on here for LP's, is everyone hanging on to them or is every on here satisfied with their inadequate little 7"ers!

I await with interest Steve but feel I should remind you, mentored by that great man Mr Dunn, I did try and negotiate on the price of some of your pound box, you maybe should be prepared.......

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Hi Jock

No problems Sir, I'm used to dealing with Fraser (aka DJ Slimfast)........................in fact I can proudly say I have sold him two records in the last two weeks, with NO haggling.....................which definitely means I must be cheap LOL

I've gazillions of great LP's but as you say, no one wants them!

Just off to the garage to check on your wants

Cheers

Steve

Edited by Steve Plumb
Social source share

Cheeky bugger, it's never bothered you before :wink:

Actually I'm selling many LP's cheaper today than I was selling them at twenty years ago :yes:

Go on Rog, that's another cue for another of yer witty replies cos i know what i'd say to it? :lol:

Agreed Steve, My guy in the US has a priced LP wants list from me from about 5 years ago. A few weeks ago he found some and sent me a list with my prices on them...no way could I pay those prices these days. Nobody wants Lps which is a great shame and there are some brilliant Lp only tracks (covered this to death in a recent thread I believe!)

Chris

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Sorry I can't do it on cue, I'm not a comedy machine. :)

I've actually had a look at the ones on your site, not too many I don't have to be honest, which is nice.

You disappoint me mate thought you'd have been there with a quick riposte :D

In fact one of the LP's i quoted Jock I used to sell regularly for £40 but I offered it him at just £20 incl p&p..................and he turned it down, so that says the state of affairs with Soul LP's in 2012! (By the way, no offence Jock, I was using it as an example of today's prices rather than a dig at you as i know you'd had a real result with said LP from a mate!)

Actually the number of LP's on my page is nowt to what i have here as i haven't the heart to keep listing them for prices i probably paid more for when i bought them originally (OK I know that's going a bit far but you know what i mean!)

I've an LP mountain that needs willing Soul Miners to explore, any takers??????

btw Whilst rooting for Jocks LP's i found a spare Luther 'This Close' and Anthony White LP amongst others..........think i at least need to let folks know i have them eh, that might work LOL

Edited by Steve Plumb
Social source share

Guest Nick Harrison

:lol: :lol: ................perhaps you could assist or even lead one of your resident jock's to this mountain - Steve. I know the summit may never be reachable - but if he gets half way, good folk's round here might even venture outdoors more. :lol: :lol:

:thumbsup: .

P S - he does have a soul show too !!!!

Edited by Nick Harrison
Social source share

Guess what ! the Soul Junction label have had the audacity :ohmy: to release a brand new vinyl only album on the legend that is Jesse James. Entitled 'Let Me Show You' SJ5005. Release Date: August 13th 2012

The album features both sides of his in demand Moonlite Hope 45 'I Got The Feeling/Let Me Show You'.

The now deleted 2008 Soul Junction 45 release 'I Feel Your Love Changing' plus the full length version of 'I Gave You Love With An 'A' Plus. The previously unissued late 60's midtempo offering 'I Don't Want An Undivided Love' and a excellent cover version of the Terry Callier penned 'Just As Long As Were In Love' (also recorded by Terry, as well as the Mighty Dells) plus one or two others for good measure. :yes:

Check out the soundfiles and cover design (from our very own Angelo Acanfora) on our website: www.souljunctionrecords.co.uk :thumbsup:

P.S I've already reserved you a copy Jock along with the Ivy Jo Hunter 45 'See You Around' that you forgot to pick up at Cleethorpes!!! :lol:

Dave

Soul Junction

Edited by Louise
Social source share

I think you should be ashamed that a man of your age, you don't have them already.

Trust me there are much more embarrassing gaps, they are being stealthily filled behind the scenes so I can then say, oh yes had them for years when asked.....

More importantly a man of your much increasing years and even more importantly family duties should be thinking of getting rid of such albums cheap and cheerful to make more room in the house for the kids.....

I can help there.....

SOUL Music fans collect LP's

Sean

Shhh - they are the Devils spawn and only non soul fans collect them, allegedly and lets keep that rumour going

Actually the number of LP's on my page is nowt to what i have here as i haven't the heart to keep listing them for prices i probably paid more for when i bought them originally (OK I know that's going a bit far but you know what i mean!)

Although that is music to my ears re prices, I suspect it is bad for all as people like you say can't be assed with effort to source them or just keep them as not worth hassle to sell.

Its actually a bit like Northern situation, there are still a couple hundred LP's that will sell all day for high 3 figures with loads of demand but the rest are just discarded. Oh well another 6 months digging and then see where I get!

Re the mountain, now be careful what you ask for. In the old days that would have merited a 2 week holiday from work and blowing the holiday pay, sadly 2 weeks in Leyland just drew a look from other half as if I had lost my mind, again.

Yea but let`s keep that amongst ourselves :shhh:While no one is interested,prices stay low and there`s some great music to be got for good prices :wicked::thumbup:.

Have you tried Discogs James?A lot of your wants will be on there what Steve can`t sort you out on :g:

Agree about that shush, but as I say I am thinking it is actually making it more difficult to get these LP's on these shores. Its amazing how hard it is to get fairly well known artists from late 60's, not sure why

I am a regular customer on discogs Wayne, although maybe we should keep that quiet also, having bought about 200 way below book value from there in last 12 months. They do have most of the above but they are either too expensive (book value in my world is divided by 2,twice, before arriving at a price) or are in States and I prefer to buy over here at moment, probably going to have to give in though.

Hope you are well, haven't been in London this year hence radio silence!

Guess what ! the Soul Junction label have had the audacity :ohmy: to release a brand new vinyl only album on the legend that is Jesse James. Entitled 'Let Me Show You' SJ5005. Release Date: August 13th 2012

The album features both sides of his in demand Moonlite Hope 45 'I Got The Feeling/Let Me Show You'.

The now deleted 2008 Soul Junction 45 release 'I Feel Your Love Changing' plus the full length version of 'I Gave You Love With An 'A' Plus. The previously unissued late 60's midtempo offering 'I Don't Want An Undivided Love' and a excellent cover version of the Terry Callier penned 'Just As Long As Were In Love' (also recorded by Terry, as well as the Mighty Dells) plus one or two others for good measure. :yes:

Check out the soundfiles and cover design (from our very own Angelo Acanfora) on our website: www.souljunctionrecords.co.uk :thumbsup:

P.S I've already reserved you a copy Jock along with the Ivy Jo Hunter 45 'See You Around' that you forgot to pick up at Cleethorpes!!! :lol:

Dave

Soul Junction

The man from Musselburgh says yes, just let me know total for both, funny coincidence was just recording the Audio LP and single this morning, Qualidee new music for all the boys out there that don't already have it, although my speaker hum returned towards the end, hope that's not your anti boot device kicking in......

PS just a reminder most wants still wanted, cmon you lot there must be some out there......

Social source share

Agree about that shush, but as I say I am thinking it is actually making it more difficult to get these LP's on these shores. Its amazing how hard it is to get fairly well known artists from late 60's, not sure why

I am a regular customer on discogs Wayne, although maybe we should keep that quiet also, having bought about 200 way below book value from there in last 12 months. They do have most of the above but they are either too expensive (book value in my world is divided by 2,twice, before arriving at a price) or are in States and I prefer to buy over here at moment, probably going to have to give in though.

Hope you are well, haven't been in London this year hence radio silence!

I decided to upgrade to u.s copies on a few of my lps 3/4 years ago,a lot i thought would be easy to locate and cheap.Most i found but not so easy price wise cos of postage(Especially from the states).Luckily Ellie helped me with that little problem :P .Thought Discogs was a very good place to look but your right,prices all over the place.

If i see any of your wants on my travels or on private lists from mates,will pass on the details.Lots of people i know selling up on lps at mo and you know at least 2 of em :wicked: (Text ya later who they are).

i`m well thx,having hours of fun with pre Olympic chaos :hypo:ranting_1.gif:dash2: .Wise move not coming to London this year,avoid,half of Locals will be gone come 26th July.Hope ya well.

Edited by Hammersoul
Social source share

Hi Jock

No problems Sir, I'm used to dealing with Fraser (aka DJ Slimfast)........................in fact I can proudly say I have sold him two records in the last two weeks, with NO haggling.....................which definitely means I must be cheap LOL

I've gazillions of great LP's but as you say, no one wants them!

Just off to the garage to check on your wants

Cheers

Steve

Hi Steve

I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one to suffer the pleads of poverty from the infamous 'DJ Slimfast' I usual counter attack with the threat of charging International airmail rates once Scotland becomes fully independent :wicked:

Edited by Louise
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

Very true Steve , but suppose what goes around comes around...in the early 80 's you could not give some Northern 45 's away - look @ those prices now - sometimes it a wait game circa Tyrone Davis ' All The Waiting Was Not In Vain '

Thats my hope anyhow - thought it was just moi struggling to shift albums..... :yes:

Edited by glynthornhill
Social source share

Very true Steve , but suppose what goes around comes around...in the early 80 's you could not give some Northern 45 's away - look @ those prices now - sometimes it a wait game circa Tyrone Davis ' All The Waiting Was Not In Vain '

That's my hope anyhow - thought it was just moi struggling to shift albums..... :yes:

I suppose that's okay if you have sufficient cashflow and can live with the "dead stock" remaining on your shelves for a while. I think record buying punters have become very fickle in their purchases these days, without going into the whole debate of chasing in-demanders. Records like all commodities fluctuate on supply and demand, records are a luxury commodity and its the demand for luxury products that tend to be hit the hardest in recessions. There are a significant amount LP's either continuingly left unsold on Gemm/Discogs or re-listed on ebay as the buying public deem them to be too expensive or maybe there really isn't the demand for these records that there once was. If the sellers don't need the cashflow and can wait till the prices rise again, good luck to them as I wish no ill on anyone, but personally I think it'll be quite a wait.

• Helpful 2
Social source share

There is nowhere near the demand for L.P.s and 45's imo as there once was. Ive been selling for a long time now and cannot shift L.P.s at all maybe sell the odd one now and again. As pointed out earlier the prices are low which is good for collectors. The prices will never increase for (lp's) as the demand for the music we love is at an all time low.

Except for the inflated 'in demand' records. People will still purchase the in demand records because thats the nature of the scene.

However if you can get your hands on the worst 200 so called Northern Soul records you'll be quids in. All i can shift quickly is shit 'Northern' to those fortunate to have retired (usually).

I was at a weekender recently and the music was absolutely awful, embarrasing at times (but the floors busy most of the time). The sales boxes too bloody awful with no quality whatsoever.

Are the new collectors of the scene those that have more disposable income and have more free time than ever?

The average age of the people i deal with must be between 55 - 60 with the odd exception of a younger collector.

One thing is for sure there will be more than enough records to purchase cheaply within the next ten years as there will be very little demand for most records.

The scene seems to be full of Northern Soul fans now and not SOUL fans?

Good luck to those SOUL FANS who will always be able to grab a bargain - Sean i agree with you!

Edited by Daz
  • Helpful 3
Social source share

The man from Musselburgh says yes, just let me know total for both, funny coincidence was just recording the Audio LP and single this morning, Qualidee new music for all the boys out there that don't already have it, although my speaker hum returned towards the end, hope that's not your anti boot device kicking in......

PS just a reminder most wants still wanted, cmon you lot there must be some out there......

Nice One Jocko

Audio's ' Won't Somebody' despite all the vitriol we (Soul Junction) received about only releasing it on a vinyl format has now virtually sold out. So due to this success a follow up release is now being recorded for release early next year. :thumbsup:

Keep your ears and eyes open for a even bigger announcement regarding Audio/ Vince Broomfield breaking soon :wicked:

Dave

Edited by Louise
Social source share

Audio's ' Won't Somebody' despite all the vitriol we (Soul Junction) received about only releasing it on a vinyl format has now virtually sold out. So due to this success a follow up release is now being recorded for release early next year. :thumbsup:

It's a great tune and I'm pleased it's done well for you, but it's like you're sticking two fingers up to buyers who don't buy vinyl, I think it's very strange and somewhat narrow attitude for any record company to have in 2012.

Social source share

Dave

Soul Junction

Hi Dave

I've listened to this LP a couple of times now and can honestly say there is not one bad track on it!

Every track is excellent and i'm sure it'll sell well for you................................even though i'm bemoaning the selling of LP's, I think i'll have this available on me site when it gets released :thumbsup:

Cheers

Steve

• Helpful 1
Social source share

There is nowhere near the demand for L.P.s and 45's imo as there once was. Ive been selling for a long time now and cannot shift L.P.s at all maybe sell the odd one now and again. As pointed out earlier the prices are low which is good for collectors. The prices will never increase for (lp's) as the demand for the music we love is at an all time low.

Except for the inflated 'in demand' records. People will still purchase the in demand records because thats the nature of the scene.

However if you can get your hands on the worst 200 so called Northern Soul records you'll be quids in. All i can shift quickly is shit 'Northern' to those fortunate to have retired (usually).

I was at a weekender recently and the music was absolutely awful, embarrasing at times (but the floors busy most of the time). The sales boxes too bloody awful with no quality whatsoever.

Are the new collectors of the scene those that have more disposable income and have more free time than ever?

The average age of the people i deal with must be between 55 - 60 with the odd exception of a younger collector.

One thing is for sure there will be more than enough records to purchase cheaply within the next ten years as there will be very little demand for most records.

The scene seems to be full of Northern Soul fans now and not SOUL fans?

Good luck to those SOUL FANS who will always be able to grab a bargain - Sean i agree with you!

The market around the world for soul and funk LPs from the 6Ts through to the mid 80's is as strong as it ever was, especially younger collectors in their twenties and thirties outside of the UK who are discovering the great wide world of soul with an open miind.

You're of course talking about the strange and very closeted world of northern soul and probably the same 10 or so LPs that get mentioned every time LPs and northern soul are mentioned in the same breath ie Metros, Hesitations, Tempests, Exciters etc.

Social source share

Guest soultempo

Moments - A Moment With (Stang)

The Artistics - Look Out (Brunswick)

I've both these LPs for sale if u are still interested?

Beautiful MINT copies. Both bought sealed ... opened and played just the once ... still as good as brand new

please email shaunrobbins@hotmail.com if interested.

Social source share