Not The Best Way To Maximise Your Record Price

Had me eye on this since last week, advertiser got it down a Doo-Wop record with a picture of the b side.

Aha, perfect....me thinks, a chance to pick this up for a sneaky/cheap price...... thinks not, the bidders coming in now, no flies on soul record collectors is there? I'm mean Doo-Wop, makes a change from the sellers advertising actual Doo-Wop records as Northern, which is usually the way on evil-bay.

https://www.ebay.co.u...9#ht_500wt_1156

Aid.

Forgot to add, anyone else picked up any little gems that were advertised as something completely different?

Edited by MrsWoodsrules
Social source share

• Replies 7
  • Views 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Forgot to add, anyone else picked up any little gems that were advertised as something completely different?

i get mislisted items all the time.

a good way to maximize your price is to post a thread on soul source linking to your auction.

Social source share

a good way to maximize your price is to post a thread on soul source linking to your auction.

Can you remember the best one you've picked up on a mis-listed auction Bob?

Worth checking b sides me thinks, especially when you know the label.

Aid.

Social source share

Heres one on now to illustrate my point (obviously I'm not going to get involved, I wouldn't have posted the link otherwise) in point, fairly rare record here I think, rare label (Bob will confirm rarity?), does't come up too often, the seller has mis-spelled the title 'U' & leading with a title & picture from the weaker side, currently $10 as I post with an hour to go.

https://www.ebay.com/...9 #ht_500wt_985

Aid.

p.s. this is a good seller too who usually knows what he's doing, I've had a few from him.

Edited by MrsWoodsrules
Social source share

Heres one on now to illustrate my point (obviously I'm not going to get involved, I wouldn't have posted the link otherwise) in point, fairly rare record here I think, rare label (Bob will confirm rarity?), does't come up too often, the seller has mis-spelled the title 'U' & leading with a title & picture from the weaker side, currently $10 as I post with an hour to go.

https://www.ebay.com/...9 #ht_500wt_985

Aid.

p.s. this is a good seller too who usually knows what he's doing, I've had a few from him.

I agree this was mislisted. The main issue I see is that the genre is just "soul" when it should be put in the standard R&B/Soul category. This is the most common ways seller mislist items. Every day I look at all R&B/soul 45s ending the next day so I missed brad's listing, I probably would have bid a little higher than it went for. Even people that don't go through all the records in the category might use it as a filter in their saved search so it affects those people too.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert