latest boots

CAROL ANDERSON TAKIN' MY MIND OFF LOVE USA FEE 10

SAD GIRL

(LOOK-A-LIKE ORIGINAL...Monster 60s biggie b/w the in-demand 70s oldie...)

BABY WASHINGTON LEAVE ME ALONE USA SUE 10

IT'LL NEVER BE OVER FOR ME

(LOOK-A-LIKE ORIGINAL...Monster 60s floor-packer b/w her version of timi yuro's gem...)

CONSTELLATIONS I DON'T KNOW ABOUT YOU USA GEMINI 10

I DON'T KNOW HOW

(LOOK-A-LIKE ORIGINAL...Monster 60s floor-filler everywhere b/w the classic oldie...)

RUBY WINTERS BETTER USA DIAMOND 10

KURT HARRIS EMPOROR OF MY BABYS HEART

(LOOK-A-LIKE ORIGINAL...Magical 60s beat ballad now very popular b/w the big oldie...)

BOBBY REED THE TIME IS RIGHT FOR LOVE USA BELL 10

IF I DON'T LOVE YOU

(LOOK-A-LIKE ORIGINAL...Monster soulful 60s floor-packer b/w the stunning unknown B side...)

PATRICE HOLLOWAY STOLAN HOURS USA CAPITOL 10

LUCKY MY BOY

(LOOK-A-LIKE ORIGINAL...Massive 60s floorpaker that's been popular for years now..b/w a brill uniss B side...)

EDDIE PARKER I'M GONE USA ASHFORD 10

LOVE YOU BABY

(LOOK-A-LIKE ORIGINAL...2 classic 60s oldie's both still unmissable...)

JIMMY BO HORN I CANT SPEAK USA DADE 10

I CANT SPEAK

(LOOK-A-LIKE ORIGINAL...fabulous 70s rarety still so very popular...)

EPITOME OF SOUND YOU DON'T LOVE ME USA SANDBAG DEMO 10

WHERE WERE YOU

(LOOK-A-LIKE ORIGINAL...2 of the best 60s oldie's of ALL-TIME....unmissable...)

MR.SOUL WHAT HAPPENED TO YESTERDAY USA GENUINE 10

WHAT HAPPENED TO YESTERDAY

(LOOK-A-LIKE ORIGINAL...MEGA rarety now on a great look-a-like usa issue...so soulful to dance to,brill 60s...)

MEL BRITT SHE'LL COME RUNNING BACK USA FIP 10

LOVE INVENTED MISERY

(LOOK-A-LIKE ORIGINAL...the ultimate spine-tingling 60s oldie it just does'nt get better...ASTONISHING....)

CARL HALL WHAT ABOUT YOU USA ESCROW 6

(...brill soulful 70s dancer still wanted by many collectors...)

Social source share

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 6
  • Views 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest in town Mikey

I agree with booleggers being hung drawn and quartered.

Dave Flynn must get fed up with me emailing him with questions about records. But, if I am paying top dollar for a record I want the real deal, not a copy. And if I want a record I want the real deal, not a copy. I thought this was the idea with collecting records.

I understand not everyone can have a copy of say Jackie Day(even if the rumours of 100 being found are true, which I'm told they arent), so people might buy a boot or re-issue. But that isnt for me. If I can't afford it I dont get it. Harsh but its how I was brought up on Northern soul, and it is one of the reasons, I think that sets this scene apart from many others.

I also get embarrassed asking if it is an original, when I really cant tell, and showing my lack of knowledge.

I have discovered 2 tracks I bought at Stafford are boots, and one is a pressing. All of which I thought were originals, and it is really really maddening.

Social source share

Gotta say I agree as someone who has only been collecting for a year or so now (being only 23 and listening to the rare soul for about three years). Its fine when you are buying off respected dealers, but its all the ebay buys and going through boxes in record shops where this bootleg problem gets frustrating. I was stung with a Mickie Champion 'second issue' blag........not the fault of the seller, though, he genuinely believed that to be true.

Its the non obvious boots that do the inexperienced collectors head in....and like the previous poster said, it can be embarrassing when you have to ask.

And its always Pete Smith I end up emailing or ringing Roger B! Lifesavers! :)

Social source share

may i recommend that you spend 10 pounds on manships guide to bootlegs etc as it has helped me identify several rouge discs that i wanted to purchase off ebay and gives good tips on identifying most boots

if you are going to pay several hunderd pounds for the rare records surely a tenner for a book isnt too much

dave

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!