Notice Anything Odd About This Jimmy Church 45?

Pete S

Is it just me or is this on the wrong label? I know it came out on Sound Stage 7 and another label (Southern Artists?) but this is on Sound Plus which I thought was some kind of reissue label - but I've never heard of this being reissued. Anyone got this on this label, presume someone must have.

post-1893-0-51670100-1342432532_thumb.jp

Social source share

• Replies 18
  • Views 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Guest Dave Turner

Pete, can't understand why you'd think it was on the wrong label. As you say Sound Plus is generally, apart from one or two releases, a re-issue label of John Richbourg stuff. It's listed in Dave Rimmer's bib.

Social source share

Pete, can't understand why you'd think it was on the wrong label. As you say Sound Plus is generally, apart from one or two releases, a re-issue label of John Richbourg stuff. It's listed in Dave Rimmer's bib.

Well mainly because a) I've never seen a reissue of it before and b) John Manship doesn't mention it. Which is why I asked...

Social source share

Never seen it before.Looks like a mock up.

No it is real Kev, I have it here, scratched in matrix number and something that looks like RFS/MC also scratched in.

I found one photo of it on the net.

Only posting this up because I'd never seen it and didn't know what to ask for it.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

So it's not a common re-issue so it must be dodgy then. If so what is genuinely Sound Plus 2126 ?

It's in the SP listing with that number and there are other copies visible after a simple google search. Don't see how it can be described as dodgy or a mock up?

Social source share

Guest Dave Turner

It's in the SP listing with that number and there are other copies visible after a simple google search. Don't see how it can be described as dodgy or a mock up?

Godz, sarcastically that's what I was saying :D

Social source share

Is it just me or is this on the wrong label? I know it came out on Sound Stage 7 and another label (Southern Artists?) but this is on Sound Plus which I thought was some kind of reissue label - but I've never heard of this being reissued. Anyone got this on this label, presume someone must have.

post-1893-0-51670100-1342432532_thumb.jp

I have one of these and think its a boot done for the dutch ballad / surinam scene. I think this because mine came from Holland.

Social source share

Guest Dave Turner

I have one of these and think its a boot done for the dutch ballad / surinam scene. I think this because mine came from Holland.

Dylan, sorry mate but I don't understand your logic. Yours may be a boot (if it was booted), but to think it's a boot just because it came from Holland doesn't make sense. That's like a Dutch guy saying he thinks his "Northern" record is a boot because it came from the UK.

As you know mate, tons and tons of ballads, deep soul etc that wasn't that popular here made there way to Holland either directly from the States or from here. The flip being a "deep soul" cut then I'm not surprised there's copies of it over there.

Social source share

Dylan, sorry mate but I don't understand your logic. Yours may be a boot (if it was booted), but to think it's a boot just because it came from Holland doesn't make sense. That's like a Dutch guy saying he thinks his "Northern" record is a boot because it came from the UK.

As you know mate, tons and tons of ballads, deep soul etc that wasn't that popular here made there way to Holland either directly from the States or from here. The flip being a "deep soul" cut then I'm not surprised there's copies of it over there.

I don't think it was a boot just because it came from Holland it just doesn't look right to me ?

I've had lots of great deep and ballads from Holland all originals. But also a few funny looking ones. Another example is a bell brothers on sure shot that also just doesn't look right.

I suppose it could just be a reissue ?

Social source share

I realy didn't explain my comment very well. I think its a boot specifically done for the dutch surinam scene because it came from holland.

if i'd bought it elsewhere i'd just have thought it was a boot and not done for any specific scene.

I know quite a lot of records were booted for that specific scene thats all i'm tryign to say.

I also know a lot of genuine records come from holland. The majority of my purchases from holland have been originals.

but it seems these are legit reissues ?

manus mine also cost just a couple of euros so same.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!