What Are The Rarest Us Motown Group 45's (Excluding Frank Wilson)?

Guest Motown Junkies

What a fantastic site, who's behind that?

Thank you very much! That would be me.

Edited by Motown Junkies
Social source share

ive had a fairly rare one on vip,oma heard-mr lonely heart-vip,not a bad little tune.

this is one of the records that people used to think was ultra-rare until ebay came along. bob miner still thinks it's really rare and deosn't believe how many copies i've seen for sale.

Social source share

thats right boba,when i first got it about 7 yrs ago for about 70 quid i thought id hit jackpot,but since then ive seen quite a few copies,always around the 100 quid mark,the oma heard is a good tune,just a tad bit slow,sounds better speeded up a notch.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Thank you very much! That would be me.

Well am still none the wiser but well done with the site.

I added a little comment about there being a second mix of Jimmy Ruffin on MIracle.

Thats probably the only thing I know that wasn't on the site :lol:

• Helpful 1
Social source share

this is one of the records that people used to think was ultra-rare until ebay came along. bob miner still thinks it's really rare and deosn't believe how many copies i've seen for sale.

thats right, me too. remember buying this at a very high price via a uk source end of the nineties, ended up trading it with someone only to replace it some five to ten years ago via ebay for indeed a quite low price. also tamla 101 and 102 seemed to be very very scarce before ebay. seen a couple of these too. seldomly in very good nick though!

Social source share

• 3 years later...
On 7/17/2012 at 21:18, chalky said:

Think I am now you mention it.

I,m pretty sure Funny way now resides with Carl & Maria and is actually the velvelettes not the Aandantes, not sure of history etc but sure Pete Lowrie from Carlisle had summit to do with it !

Social source share

On 17 July 2012 at 17:49, Manfromsoul45s said:

Originals - "Young Train" Soul

This was apparently actually the music for an advert for a furniture store according to Ty Hunter jnr and Hank Dixon - along with Soupy Sales it would seem they were being lined up to become the Jobette Jingle department.

As an aside Ty told us his father's best friend was Jimmy Soul Clarke, sadly he apparently had a serious habit that eventually killed him.

Dx

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!