Two Very Rare Jackie Edwards 45's On Wirl Label

Pete S

JACKIE EDWARDS - COME ON HOME / I DON'T KNOW - WIRL

tremendous double sider - one side of the red and white Island 45 backed with the best of his sides issued on UK Aladdin, and the only way to get these two back to back.

Fantastic condition for a Jamaican original 45 - it's at least EX.

Looking for offers on this one please, I think we're probably not likely to see another in this condition for a long time.

also

JACKIE EDWARDS - KEEP ON RUNNING - WIRL

The original version, mysteriously not released by Jackie as a 45 in the UK, here is the Jamaican original. This one has some surface marks but I've played it through and the worst I can say is that it has a little crackle in the background when turned up loud.

Asking £30 for this one. SOLD

post-1893-0-34702600-1342602958_thumb.jp post-1893-0-81670600-1342603018_thumb.jp post-1893-0-26858700-1342603198_thumb.jp

Edited by Pete S
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

soul auctionsTap here for 24hr ebay Lists  Sign in to Switch Ebay Lists OFF 
  • Replies 3
  • Views 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Guest TONY ROUNCE

Sorry to contradict, mate, but Jackie's released version of 'Keep On Running' was recorded after that of the Spencer Davis Group so it's not the original, theirs is.

His demo of 'Keep On Running' was a lot more basic and very close in style to that of the Spencer Davis Group cut. I don't own a copy but I once knew a man who presumably still does...

The 'Come On Home' is a lovely looking thing on WIRL, never seen one before. Must be the rarest of all his Ja. releases.

Social source share

Sorry to contradict, mate, but Jackie's released version of 'Keep On Running' was recorded after that of the Spencer Davis Group so it's not the original, theirs is.

His demo of 'Keep On Running' was a lot more basic and very close in style to that of the Spencer Davis Group cut. I don't own a copy but I once knew a man who presumably still does...

The 'Come On Home' is a lovely looking thing on WIRL, never seen one before. Must be the rarest of all his Ja. releases.

You know what I meant :lol: allright, the COMPOSERS' version of his own song.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!