Interesting Story/ Artist - Any Promoters Interested?

Guest vinylvixen

Guest vinylvixen

Sam Fletcher Jr.

Sam Fletcher Jr is the eldest son of legendary Jazz/Northern Soul vocalist Sam Fletcher ( 'I'd Think It Over', 'I Believe In You'). He remembers growing up watching his famous dad during legendary stints at Memory Lanenightclub and on television with great artists like Dinah Shore and Della Reese. As a child, he would mimic his dad's on-stage moves while lip-synching to favorite tunes from the 'Sam Fletcher Sings!' lp.

Like the offspring of other great artists (Nat King Cole, Hank Williams), Sam Jr. was determined to forge a musical identity apart from his dad's. His solo career was launched in Dance Music- a genre worlds away from the smooth jazz and soul stylings that Sam Sr. was known for. He was signed to Strictly Rhythm records as Ira Levi ( his father's actual birth name). His first single, 'Free Your Mind' was an international hit in clubs and on the Billboard Top 40. Several modest hits followed but a chance meeting with the great Nancy Wilson persuaded him to revisit his father's musical legacy. Ms. Wilson's passionate recollections of his father's talent sparked a renewed appreciation for the music of his childhood and he began to include soul tunes in his live show. The highlight proved to be a rocking version of his father's northern soul classic, ' I'd Think It Over'.

Sam Jr's live show features many of his dad's signature tunes and other soul classics. Now performing as Sam Fletcher Jr., he remains committed to upholding the Fletcher tradition for quality vocals, an appreciation for lyrics and a confident stage manner.

blackaliveent@yahoo.com/iralevi1@yahoo.com

U.S.- 602-299-8935

Edited by vinylvixen
Social source share

• Replies 0
  • Views 697
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!