Merged Posts - Drop The Spammy 'now Sold' Update Posts Please

Mike

soul auctionsTap here for 24hr ebay Lists  Sign in to Switch Ebay Lists OFF 

They obviously don't know the score Chalky because they can't be bothered to read it or they do know but just can't be bothered to follow the protocol as they think it doesn't apply to them.

It's not like this is a new rule that's just been bought in, it's been nearly five years since it was implemented.

No matter how many times you point it out, it carries on.

When I was moderating the sales section I got so fed up of asking people to do this that I just went in, edited their post and locked it.

And before anyone starts moaning and asking what the fuss is all about, constant bumping my exclaiming an item is "sold", for a start it's of no interest to anyone else but the seller and secondly it keeps putting that sellers post to the top of the listings ahead of everyone else who is playing by the rules.

• Helpful 3
Social source share

The incidence of "now sold" seems to be on the up again, so hopefully this will help a bit.

More annoying - if like me you are looking for records to buy - is "PM'd you".

Come on guys, if you PM'd the seller they will know - as they will have received a PM !! ranting_1.gif

The "PM'd you" post seems totally pointless. Maybe someone who does this could just please explain what it is meant to achieve?

I still think sales threads should be automatically locked (or locked by the mods).

This bumping, whether intentional or accidental, just wastes time for people looking for sales, especially if using mobile.

Cheers

Richard

• Helpful 3
Social source share

When I was moderating the sales section I got so fed up of asking people to do this that I just went in, edited their post and locked it.

And before anyone starts moaning and asking what the fuss is all about, constant bumping my exclaiming an item is "sold", for a start it's of no interest to anyone else but the seller and secondly it keeps putting that sellers post to the top of the listings ahead of everyone else who is playing by the rules.

Get amongst em Smiffy! Boring bastraards deserve no mercy.

:wicked::D

Social source share

Maybe it's time that we discuss "lock thread" again? Meaning that threads in the sales section are locked immediately and can't be opened again, only edited? Some sellers have pretty lame excuses for bumping their own threads. Like "due to requests have added YT vids" 20 minutes after opening new thread.

myself coming round to that way of thinking

though mod issues etc are on hold as awaiting return of rod :thumbsup:

Social source share

everybody lock sales threads idea is sensible. i always lock. and re edit like a compliant kid.

locking would differentiate this board from some of the other sales groups online which auto bump to the top once someone makes a comment. you cant lock on FB, for example.

i cant be the only person to have noticed that this boards' sales threads have diminished recently. maybe this could help get people back posting if they know the ad wont get knocked down the line within the hour. just a thought.

• Helpful 2
Social source share

everybody lock sales threads idea is sensible. i always lock. and re edit like a compliant kid.

locking would differentiate this board from some of the other sales groups online which auto bump to the top once someone makes a comment. you cant lock on FB, for example.

i cant be the only person to have noticed that this boards' sales threads have diminished recently. maybe this could help get people back posting if they know the ad wont get knocked down the line within the hour. just a thought.

As do lots of single item sales posts which knock other peoples posts down the list :huh:

Social source share

it is setup so bumping doesn't have a effect on the actual listing of sales

the only place bump type posts do have a effect is the spy and view new content

so on the actual listing

https://www.soul-sour.../forum/4-sales/

someone could bump 10 times but it wouldnt effect the order of listing

if you look at the page via link above - my recent reply (to Spammer Account Removed ) was only 5 mins ago but is still at the bottom

so you can actually view a unbumped sales listing fairly easy

its when members use the spy or vnc that makes it a bit tricky

maybe a trial of no edit ?

Social source share

it is setup so bumping doesn't have a effect on the actual listing of sales

the only place bump type posts do have a effect is the spy and view new content

so on the actual listing

https://www.soul-sour.../forum/4-sales/

someone could bump 10 times but it wouldnt effect the order of listing

if you look at the page via link above - my recent post is still at the bottom

so you can actually view a unbumped sales listing fairly easy

its when members use the spy or vnc that makes it a bit tricky

maybe a trial of no edit ?

I use view new content exclusively, I don't view any other way, so that is presumably why I see more bumps than most.

You can't make it no edit Mike because nobody would be able to mark items as sold, but if you could lock the post that would sort it out.

Social source share

I use view new content exclusively, I don't view any other way, so that is presumably why I see more bumps than most.

You can't make it no edit Mike because nobody would be able to mark items as sold, but if you could lock the post that would sort it out.

yep thats what i meant (no reply not no edit) :thumbsup:

keyboard running away from me

yep, the vnc view and other ways of viewing site does mean that its allways bit tricky trying to get to a "please all" state

plus if we do drop the 'reply' then it does imo mean a shift in way things work

but things do evolve I suppose

Social source share

• 1 month later...
Guest Duncan Ball

ive just read this sorry if ive done the same thing i now know the score,not any good at this modern technology lol oh and i do tend to put single sales up just because i want people to concentrate on that one record if that makes sense?

Social source share

ive just read this sorry if ive done the same thing i now know the score,not any good at this modern technology lol oh and i do tend to put single sales up just because i want people to concentrate on that one record if that makes sense?

Can't see as you have done anything wrong Duncan, the single sales thing is when people put four or five single ads in one day.

Social source share

i understand that now pete, i have put sold on when ive sold a record though but im getting the hang of it

Well you have to put sold on it anyway but am I right in thinking that until you have made so many posts, you can't actually edit your original post, so you to write SOLD in a separate post anyway?

Social source share

• 1 month later...

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!