Pow Wow Club - Sheffield - Sat 21st Jan

Guest ShaneH

Guest ShaneH

my mate Mik Parry is promoting a new event in Sheffield. Knowing the DJ's I can guarentee a few decent soul sounds. I will be along with Pikeys Dog amongst others.

I have posted the details if anyone is interested courtesy of modculture.com

see below for details......

The POW WOW Mod Club

Saturday 21st January 2006

At DNR LIVE (Formerly 'Under The Boardwalk'), Snig Hill, Sheffield S3 8NA

9pm 'til 2am

£3 before 10pm, £4 members & NUS, £5 on the door.

Daytime session at the Washington pub in Sheffield town centre (venue of Moke)

DJs Andy Lewis (Acid Jazz Records etc.) Graham Wright (Moke)

residents : Mike Parry & Gav Arno

Yorkshire's only proper Mod club, tackling the lost art of having fun and top quality, rare mod music at the same place!

Extra cool & rare premier accross the board 60s mod music of the very highest quality - the best R&B, club soul and boogaloo with top mod-jazz, blue-eyed soul, ska, garage & odd bits when appropriate. Only the best - obscurities and classics!

The world's best, most progressive and interesting mod DJs (interesting records not personalities!).

Proper nightclub venue!

All day and all night bonus sessions!

Free chat with Lord Dunsby on the night!

Everyone welcome. Good support will mean future Pow Wow events!

Look out for FREE downloadable podcast of great POW WOW music available to all POW WOW subscribers coming soon!

cheers

Shane

• Replies 19
  • Views 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

:thumbsup::unsure::shades: and to think, I used to have to pay to talk to swirly Steve....

I've said I'll come over one week...will come on the train and have a couple I think :-)

Edited by Reg

Guest dundeedavie

Best of luck to Mik and Gav on this event.

Not sure if I'll get over to it yet, but sure they will have a belter of a night. :thumbsup:

No comment on Lord Dunsby :lol::unsure:

Regards

Mace.

lolol he's not as bad in real life mace :lol:

davie

my mate Mik Parry is promoting a new event in Sheffield. Knowing the DJ's I can guarentee a few decent soul sounds. I will be along with Pikeys Dog amongst others.

I have posted the details if anyone is interested courtesy of modculture.com

see below for details......

The POW WOW Mod Club

Saturday 21st January 2006

At DNR LIVE (Formerly 'Under The Boardwalk'), Snig Hill, Sheffield S3 8NA

9pm 'til 2am

£3 before 10pm, £4 members & NUS, £5 on the door.

Daytime session at the Washington pub in Sheffield town centre (venue of Moke)

DJs Andy Lewis (Acid Jazz Records etc.) Graham Wright (Moke)

residents : Mike Parry & Gav Arno

Yorkshire's only proper Mod club, tackling the lost art of having fun and top quality, rare mod music at the same place!

Extra cool & rare premier accross the board 60s mod music of the very highest quality - the best R&B, club soul and boogaloo with top mod-jazz, blue-eyed soul, ska, garage & odd bits when appropriate. Only the best - obscurities and classics!

The world's best, most progressive and interesting mod DJs (interesting records not personalities!).

Proper nightclub venue!

All day and all night bonus sessions!

Everyone welcome. Good support will mean future Pow Wow events!

Look out for FREE downloadable podcast of great POW WOW music available to all POW WOW subscribers coming soon!

cheers

Shane

Is Moke Woody Allen Shane ? If so, wondered where he'd got to. Good dj.

Guest ShaneH

Is Moke Woody Allen Shane ? If so, wondered where he'd got to. Good dj.

yes mate. correct.

however, his name is graham. moke is the name of the event he does at the washington for years.

Shane

So if you know Steve you must know me Mace...I spent most of my teenage years at the same places as Lord dunsby, Si Fane and them lot :lol:

Reg, I was well into the mod scene from mid 80s to mid 90s and used to co-promote the Rhythm & Soul Set events with Rob Messer at Hayling Island, Littlehampton, Clacton, IOW, Morecambe, Skegness etc

Ste and Si were good friends (though they might say different now :lol: ) and regulars at our events along with the likes of Ralston, Will from Macc, Ian Higgins from Stockport, Ed, Nick Brady, Gav Arno, Nick Wain and many others.

Not sure if our paths ever crossed on the Mod Scene, but spent a lot of my weekends at Brum at Little Garys, doing the Brum events very regularly, and trying not to fall asleep at Lil Garys for fear of losing eyebrows etc.. :thumbsup:

Did a fair few of the London Clubs during the time (usually staying at Justinas due to the Gary connection :unsure: )

I am also unfortunate enough :lol: to have longstanding friendships with the likes of Mikey Collins and Paul Molloy from Glasgow (now of Friday Street fame), so also spent a few good weekend up at Leeds when Paul lived up there.

So if I aint ever bumped into you on the mod scene it would be a miracle :lol:

Regards

Mace

look at that - bringing people together already!

thanks for posting that up Shane.

Although the night is not a pure soul night we'll be playing a lot of nice R&B/soul along the lines of Otis Lee, Little Nicky Soul, Tobi Lark, Ernie Washington etc. as well as lesser known stuff, so those less adverse to a bit of R&B will enjoy it I'm sure. Everyone is more than welcome.

Reg, I was well into the mod scene from mid 80s to mid 90s and used to co-promote the Rhythm & Soul Set events with Rob Messer at Hayling Island, Littlehampton, Clacton, IOW, Morecambe, Skegness etc

Ste and Si were good friends (though they might say different now :lol: ) and regulars at our events along with the likes of Ralston, Will from Macc, Ian Higgins from Stockport, Ed, Nick Brady, Gav Arno, Nick Wain and many others.

Not sure if our paths ever crossed on the Mod Scene, but spent a lot of my weekends at Brum at Little Garys, doing the Brum events very regularly, and trying not to fall asleep at Lil Garys for fear of losing eyebrows etc.. :no:

Did a fair few of the London Clubs during the time (usually staying at Justinas due to the Gary connection wicked.gif )

I am also unfortunate enough :( to have longstanding friendships with the likes of Mikey Collins and Paul Molloy from Glasgow (now of Friday Street fame), so also spent a few good weekend up at Leeds when Paul lived up there.

So if I aint ever bumped into you on the mod scene it would be a miracle :D

Regards

Mace

Bloody ell...know far too many names there......and went to most of the places you mention :(

Guest ShaneH

look at that - bringing people together already!

thanks for posting that up Shane.

Although the night is not a pure soul night we'll be playing a lot of nice R&B/soul along the lines of Otis Lee, Little Nicky Soul, Tobi Lark, Ernie Washington etc. as well as lesser known stuff, so those less adverse to a bit of R&B will enjoy it I'm sure. Everyone is more than welcome.

not a problem mik.

like mik said, not purely a soul night but plenty of good stuff played i am sure.

dave wooley - one for you this mate!

Shane

Edited by ShaneH

Hope the night goes well boys, good luck :unsure: .....Shane you will be sorely missed this month, behave yourself mate.....See ya soon......Tony

:)

i will be back next month for sure

Shane