News: Roger Eagle Book

Guest GARV

Interesting watch. He was a massive influence on Elliot Rashman (who managed Simply Red throughout the 80's) who is on the clip. Apparently Roger left the Wheel because of the all-pervading influence of Northern Soul and the demand for ever-faster tunes. I can understand that since he had a really wide music appreciation which went way beyond just Soul and I know many people who either knew him personally or interviewed him. Should be a great read!

Incidentaly, this was a news piece in Mojo last month so hopefully they'll get a wide audience for this book. I'll certainly read it!

Ian D :D

• Helpful 2
Social source share

Guest Dave Turner

Cheers for that. They even do a kindle edition so even better, over half the price of a hardback as well.

Yeah, but it doesn't do nothing for that nice interesting looking bookshelf

Dave (bookseller) :wicked:

Social source share

Just found this, but if its already been done then apologies.

Nice video for the release of a new book about Roger Eagle- Sit down & listen to this.

As someone who was a major part of the early days of this scene , thought it might be of interest.

https://www.empire-uk.com/SitDown.htm

Just added a link

Cheers Garv for the "heads up"....I both love and respect such the written word with regard to such influential individuals, who have helped guide me on my long journey through such an undoubted musical phenomenon!....Long may it continue :yes:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!