Over Rated Records

Daz

The last time I looked at the site rules, there was nothing in them that forced you to read topics like this.

Im a member ,im allowed to read em and also comment ..thats a democracy .

Its just so negative .. its a glass is half empty thread opposed to "whats your favourite record " ..probably done a 1000 times though :yes:

My comment can't be any worse than someone saying " my favourite record is the Del Larks" only for someone else to write " it's a pile of dross" ..

My point being ..if the question asks whats your favourite ..it is'nt actually inviting a debate on why it's not ,or am i missing something ?

The header is asking for an individual person to state your over -rated record ...but does'nt actually invite a debate from others as to why it's not ,so why do people feel it necesary to post up a defence of said record ..its one mans meat ..and everybody has the right not to like a record ..you cant expect them to alter that opinion because you disagree .

So in my opinion ..its a pointless thread !

• Helpful 1
Social source share

agree about the george lemons track!......how on earth was that expected to sell?....a few others...barbara dane....ben zine...and cobblestone trick me treat me.

I don't think George Lemons was expected to sell though, they used the studio for more criminal means didn't they. I rarely see anyone say they like it but it rams the floor everywhere it is played. Anyway I like it. Agree about the Barbara Dane though.

Social source share

No it's called freedom of speech.

freedom of speech means you're entitled to voice your opinion, it doesn't mean you're obligated to voice your opinion every time.

referring to the people who feel it necessary to comment on an individual's personal taste .

Thanks Benji ,for ironing that out :)

Social source share

Started buying records at age 11,1971.Tamla youth club stuff.Still buying records now..Especially fond of deep stuff.Didn't throw in the hand grenade about Otis to be clever or stupidly controversial.Hate his stuff and I know loving Soul music I shouldn't.It just shows you how personally we take it by peoples reactions.Trev

• Helpful 2
Social source share

referring to the people who feel it necessary to comment on an individual's personal taste .

Thanks Benji ,for ironing that out :)

Hear what you are saying Nev but if I disagree with somebody's comment about a record I ought to be able to say so on a forum without fear of that person taking real offence. Too much angst evident if you disagree with somebody's view on here sometimes.

The topic itself may have been done more than it seems necessary but new members will no doubt contribute and some of the time served members may not have contributed in the past. The diversity of opinion is what can make subjects like this have some merit.

Social source share

There's plenty of over rated records, plenty of shite records, and plenty of under rated records. In my honest and humblest of opinions of course.

:thumbsup:

Just under rated youth...

Social source share

Guest Mrs Simsy

Bring the tar to the boil & unbag the feathers but Soul Brothers Inc - Pyramid is without a doubt the most over rated record ever played on the Soul scene bar none.

I think so too :yes: ....but it's Simsy's all time favourite! :facepalm:

Social source share

Tim Tim and the Turn Ons - is that just a tad under rated?

:lol:

:facepalm:

Similarly, the Cherry People's "And Suddenly", Keith's "Daylight Saving Time" and Gary Lewis & The Playboy's "My Heart's Symphony". Some people just can't hear records brimming with soul ay.....? :g:

However, I won't hear a bad word about Wombat's "I'm Gettin' On Life" for some bizarre reason........ :lol:

Ian D :D

Social source share

However, I won't hear a bad word about Wombat's "I'm Gettin' On Life" for some bizarre reason........ :lol:

Ian D :D

Very, very bizarre Ian.

I put that on a par with that horrible, soul-less piece of dog turd that goes by the name of Mickey Mouses Piano Concerto - or something similar. What the fcuk was that about. Under rated? No, plain fecking shite.

:D:excl:

Peter

:thumbsup:

Edited by Peter99
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!