Soul Salvation @ Burnley Cricket Club

Quinvy

START THE YEAR AT A REAL SOUL EVENT, HEAR, AND GET DOWN TO MEGA RARITIES, AND LESSER KNOWN GEMS. AND SHARE THE EXPERIANCE WITH OTHER LIKE MINDED INDIVIDUALS.

Proper wooden dance floor, top sound system, record dealers welcome, secure spacious off road parking, 5 mins. from M65. follow the brown / white signs for Turf Moor/Burnley F.C.

Runs 8pm - 2am DJs Kev McCue, Fred Krol, Phil Kowalski, Cliff Camfield & special guest Kev Murphy.

A warm welcome awaits.

Upfront, mega rarities and lesser known gems, the real deal northern soul.

For more info email - Philsoul45@aol.com or phone 01282 814058 or 07967 651255

Come and suport an event that is trying to keep it real, and bringing you djs that actually dance, and buy records. In short we care about the scene.

Thanks for looking, Phil.

• Replies 38
  • Views 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Mad as a wasp Phil ...... :thumbsup:

Hope it's a good 'un for you fella ......... catch up real soon xxx :unsure:

Hey up Joan,

Are you going to Middleton tomorrow night? If not have a good 'un yourself next week. Me and Steve have got to get our dates sorted out next year, all my favourite people are missing from my do. Just not the same without you girl.

See you soon I hope, Phil. xxx

Hope it goes well phil,now follow your own advice and start the year with people who care just as much at middleton :unsure:

Happy new year mate. You know that I always try and support your excellent promotions. I'll be there as usual tomorrow night, see you there. :thumbsup: Phil.

Hey up Joan,

Are you going to Middleton tomorrow night? If not have a good 'un yourself next week. Me and Steve have got to get our dates sorted out next year, all my favourite people are missing from my do. Just not the same without you girl.

See you soon I hope, Phil. xxx

Yep ... we'll be there .... looking forward to seeing ya fella .... been bloody ages :lol:

Me and my dad came down to the last one and it was a great night. Just needs a few more down and it will be a real night.

Good luck :)

Hi Paul, thanks for the kind words. I'm sorry that you did not introduce yourself, please do if you come again.

Best Regards, Phil.

START THE YEAR AT A REAL SOUL EVENT, HEAR, AND GET DOWN TO MEGA RARITIES, AND LESSER KNOWN GEMS. AND SHARE THE EXPERIANCE WITH OTHER LIKE MINDED INDIVIDUALS.

Proper wooden dance floor, top sound system, record dealers welcome, secure spacious off road parking, 5 mins. from M65. follow the brown / white signs for Turf Moor/Burnley F.C.

Runs 8pm - 2am DJs Kev McCue, Fred Krol, Phil Kowalski, Cliff Camfield & special guest Kev Murphy.

A warm welcome awaits.

Come and suport an event that is trying to keep it real, and bringing you djs that actually dance, and buy records. In short we care about the scene.

Just had another bollocking from a lady who has been trying to get info on my home number. I'm very rarely at home and when I am, I'm on the computer, so if you need info please use my mobile no. 07967 651255

Sorry for any inconvenience, hope to see some ss members there on Saturday night.

Best Regards, Phil.

A warm welcome awaits.

Hi phil would like to get up sometime got all your dates now cant make it this time as im djin at Winsford so all the best mate have a good one :ohmy:

HB :ohmy:

Hi phil would like to get up sometime got all your dates now cant make it this time as im djin at Winsford so all the best mate have a good one :rolleyes:

HB :yes:

Hi Nige,

Good to see you Sat. night. Hope you can get up here sometime, I'd welcome your honest opinion on Soul Salvation. Hopefully see you soon. Phil.

A warm welcome awaits.

Not much feedback on here, at this rate there could be more djs than dancers. Is anybody on here comming saturday night. :P I'll take that as a no then.

Not much feedback on here, at this rate there could be more djs than dancers. Is anybody on here comming saturday night. :P I'll take that as a no then.

You know i'd be there Phil if it wasn't for you know what ..... :(

Will definitely be at the next one ...... no clash next month is there fella?

Be sure to say hi to Cliff and Stuart for me.

Hope it's busy for you sweetie ...... cos it's a top nite. :P

Me and my dad came down to the last one and it was a great night. Just needs a few more down and it will be a real night.

Good luck :P

IT IS A REAL NIGHT !!

SORRY (AGAIN) PHIL...GOT FOLKS STAYING AND ALL GOING TO S.O.N. ....OUT VOTED..THIS MONTH !! I'LL CHECK OTHER DATES...........HAVE A GOOD ONE MATE :P CHRIS M..

.HAPPY NEW YEAR !!!

BIT LATE I KNOW BUT HOPE IT IS ..CHEERS :(

Phil look at the feedback befor any event middleton had maybe 50 posts befor but 450 through the door will be up as soon as i have a free nite wen your on stick at it mate :P

HB :(

:yes:

You know i'd be there Phil if it wasn't for you know what ..... :yes:

Will definitely be at the next one ...... no clash next month is there fella?

Be sure to say hi to Cliff and Stuart for me.

Hope it's busy for you sweetie ...... cos it's a top nite. :thumbsup:

Sorry Joan but the next two clash and the May one. That's why I was so pissed off. I thought that steve and I had got our dates sorted last year. But he had problems with the club owners and we both wanted to avoid clashing with Lifeline and Middleton, and Greatstone of course. So won't be seeing you for quite a while. wink.gif

IT IS A REAL NIGHT !!

SORRY (AGAIN) PHIL...GOT FOLKS STAYING AND ALL GOING TO S.O.N. ....OUT VOTED..THIS MONTH !! I'LL CHECK OTHER DATES...........HAVE A GOOD ONE MATE :thumbsup: CHRIS M..

.HAPPY NEW YEAR !!!

BIT LATE I KNOW BUT HOPE IT IS ..CHEERS :yes:

Hi Chris,

Happy new year to you too mate. As I've just explained to Joan, I'm afraid we've ended up clashing on four dates this year, so I'm going to struggle getting any of you manc's over here for quite some time. We must sort it for next year as I'm missing seeing some of my favourite people.

Have a good one, Phil. :yes:

Phil look at the feedback befor any event middleton had maybe 50 posts befor but 450 through the door will be up as soon as i have a free nite wen your on stick at it mate :thumbsup:

HB :lol:

Hope your right mate, but there's too much on this Saturday. Have a good one anyway. ph34r.gif

Phil there seem to be more rare or something different,or whatever they are called nites on now than oldies nites.The difference is the oldies scene is so much bigger and especialy the travelling crowd,always flock to the big oldies nite.Even at lifeline the premier upfront nite on the planet it was interesting to see that a lot of the people who shout the loudest about,we want something new and different were,nt actually there,not a dig just an observation.I do know you are putting an awful lot of work into this event and i hope it works out so i will defo be there :thumbsup: .

Even at lifeline the premier upfront nite on the planet it was interesting to see that a lot of the people who shout the loudest about,we want something new and different were,nt actually there,not a dig just an observation. .

Well how strange Andy, because I thought the exact same thing that night :thumbsup:

Phil there seem to be more rare or something different,or whatever they are called nites on now than oldies nites.The difference is the oldies scene is so much bigger and especialy the travelling crowd,always flock to the big oldies nite.Even at lifeline the premier upfront nite on the planet it was interesting to see that a lot of the people who shout the loudest about,we want something new and different were,nt actually there,not a dig just an observation.I do know you are putting an awful lot of work into this event and i hope it works out so i will defo be there :D .

Hi Andy,

I love the Lifeline, but I had been kicked out of my venue and had to find another, as I had booked djs and printed flyers etc. Unfortunately my event clashed with the first new Lifeline date. That's the only reason I wasn't there.

Ironic really, as the only reason that I started Soul Salvation was for somewhere for me and my friends to go when Lifeline closed at Sheridans. And CIS in manchester.

Now, like you say, there are too many upfront nights on Saturdays. In fact Soul or Nothing began around the same time, and because our dates clash, could well be my downfall.

I did intend to have my night on a friday originally, but the guys that I have as regular djs couldn't do Fridays because of their business comitments. And these guys have the records, and are still buying, and the music policy is everything to me. If it fails, at least I tried.

Phil.

Well how strange Andy, because I thought the exact same thing that night :D

Hi Karen,

I don't think we have met, were you having a go at me there or just using this as a dig at all who weren't there. I was just wondering how you knew I was absent when we arn't aquainted. Didn't realise I was such a celebrity. :D:D Phil.

Edited by quinvy

Hi Karen,

I don't think we have met, were you having a go at me there or just using this as a dig at all who weren't there. I was just wondering how you knew I was absent when we arn't aquainted. Didn't realise I was such a celebrity. :lol::) Phil.

Well i think you are Phil ...... and i applaud you for what you are trying to do.

Promoting is a thankless job at the best of times ...... i know i couldn't do it!

It's damned hard work ...... and respect to anyone who does it ..... whatever the music policy! :)

Hi Karen,

I don't think we have met, were you having a go at me there or just using this as a dig at all who weren't there. I was just wondering how you knew I was absent when we arn't aquainted. Didn't realise I was such a celebrity. :):lol: Phil.

I most certainly was not having a dig at you or anyone else for that matter.

Andy said that a lot of faces you could have expected to be at Lifeline were not infact there, those that bang on about wanting upfront new stuff. I agreed with him, I was there and was also surprised. That was my point, not some underhand dig at anyone.If I had something to say I would come out and say it.

As you say, I don't know you, never met you ( as far as I am aware)

One thing I would like to know though, why you used my post and assumed I was getting at you, when it was Andy Mc's post that I was replying to, just wondering why you didn't ask him if he was having a go at you ummmmm

Well i think you are Phil ...... and i applaud you for what you are trying to do.

Promoting is a thankless job at the best of times ...... i know i couldn't do it!

It's damned hard work ...... and respect to anyone who does it ..... whatever the music policy! :)

That goes for me too, I also applaud anyone who has the gumption to get off their backsides and try to put on a night and I personally support as many nights as I possibly can, and nights with all sorts of musical policys.

Hi Karen,

I don't think we have met, were you having a go at me there or just using this as a dig at all who weren't there. I was just wondering how you knew I was absent when we arn't aquainted. Didn't realise I was such a celebrity. :lol::) Phil.

Phil & Karen next time you are both in same venue i will introduce you to each other :)

HB :)

I most certainly was not having a dig at you or anyone else for that matter.

Andy said that a lot of faces you could have expected to be at Lifeline were not infact there, those that bang on about wanting upfront new stuff. I agreed with him, I was there and was also surprised. That was my point, not some underhand dig at anyone.If I had something to say I would come out and say it.

As you say, I don't know you, never met you ( as far as I am aware)

One thing I would like to know though, why you used my post and assumed I was getting at you, when it was Andy Mc's post that I was replying to, just wondering why you didn't ask him if he was having a go at you ummmmm

Hi Karen,

Blimey calm down, my answer was tongue in cheek, hence the smileys. And Andy was having a bit of fun with me I think, though he did say in his post that it wasn't a dig. I've always been very vocal in my support of Lifeline, and I missed it last time, so that's why I got hold of the wrong end of the stick.

No offence intended, consider my wrist well and truly slapped. :) Phil.

Hi Karen,

Blimey calm down, my answer was tongue in cheek, hence the smileys. And Andy was having a bit of fun with me I think, though he did say in his post that it wasn't a dig. I've always been very vocal in my support of Lifeline, and I missed it last time, so that's why I got hold of the wrong end of the stick.

No offence intended, consider my wrist well and truly slapped. :) Phil.

Hi Phil

Its a real pisser with clashes,we have many folk wanting to go to both events....Lets hope we can sort out these dates in the future but as you know its not easy,if we had know each other before setting up the nights then i am sure we would have sat down and sorted something out..I moved a few dates later in the year to avoid a clash...Good look mate and keep at it,some don't realise what goes into promotions,its not just on the days leading up to the event,we have to be active everyday at some point..

all the best

steve

Well how strange Andy, because I thought the exact same thing that night :lol:

we've spoken between ourselves about this, even asked some who vocally support the "newies" scene from a keyboard why they don't attend upfront venues when they keep asking them for them, strange one :)

Know Phil suppoorts upfront rather than the oldies scene and the clash between his venue and Lifeline unfortunate.

Joan, family always comes first!! pretty sure no one having a go at you, your one of biggest supporters of upfront scene :)

Edited by chalky

.Even at lifeline the premier upfront nite on the planet it was interesting to see that a lot of the people who shout the loudest about,we want something new and different were,nt actually there,not a dig just an observation.

Got to hold my hands up cus i wasn,t there but due to a clash of personalities its unfortunate i will probly never be able to attend a lifeline venue again.One day we may all be able to be in the same venue together till then i will unfortunatly have to stay away but thats my choice cus i think i would sooner stay away for the harmony of the scene

:)

Hi Phil

Its a real pisser with clashes,we have many folk wanting to go to both events....Lets hope we can sort out these dates in the future but as you know its not easy,if we had know each other before setting up the nights then i am sure we would have sat down and sorted something out..I moved a few dates later in the year to avoid a clash...Good look mate and keep at it,some don't realise what goes into promotions,its not just on the days leading up to the event,we have to be active everyday at some point..

all the best

steve

Hi Steve,

Thanks for the kind words, I actually miss comming to S.O.N. because I really enjoy myself there. Don't forget to let me know if and when you want me to do a spot for you there. Have a great night and hope to speak soon.

Best Regards, Phil.