The Future On Car...detroit 45 From 67

I posted this on Soul Talk in 2007..i got it from Des Parker......ICS is the kind of pop/ group vocal i like...CUHOH has a backing that reminds me of something..burping sax could be Mike Terry?...Davie Gordon said theres a rare garage 45 on this label (The Strange Fate)...anybody know anything about the label/artist/producers/writers?

post-1770-0-71125500-1343123456_thumb.jp

post-1770-0-90930100-1343123479_thumb.jp

Social source share

• Replies 6
  • Views 984
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Interesting that Ed Wolfrum was co-writer and co-producer. Mike Terry was an independent producer/arranger in 1967, who worked on a LOT of small label Detroit sessions. He also had a VERY distinguishable sax style. So, it wouldn't surprise me if we find out that he worked on this session. I never heard of a producer or label owner named Stonehouse. But then I'm no expert on the '60s Detroit Garage scene (I just know about The Underdogs and The Ones, a few groups on Hideout and A-Squared).

Edited by RobbK
Social source share

Carl Pellegrino (is he on here?) would be the guy to ask first. I have the Strange Fate 45, it's pretty good, it's moderately rare and not that expensive.

I think the Future record had some exposure on the Euro "mod" scene, it's one of those records that's not really soul or garage. I've had chances to buy it but did not.

I think it's funny that someone from Detroit had to create a "car" label, although by acronym. They should have been more creative with the logo though.

Social source share

Just got off the phone with Ed Wolfrum. I asked him about the Future record. He said it was a project initiated by a guy called Bob Stonehouse who came to him with a mixed race group ( at a time when no mixed groups existed) he wanted to record. Ed said he was a 'complete novice' but he helped him out anyway. It was recorded at United Sound and he thought it '...most likely' that it was Mike T. Whenever they got the chance to use Mike they did. When it was finished Stonehouse gave Ed a production and writing credit, as a token of his thanks, even though he contributed neither!

Hope this is helpful.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!