uk soul jj

soul auctionsTap here for 24hr ebay Lists  Sign in to Switch Ebay Lists OFF 
  • Replies 17
  • Views 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Good luck Junji, I sold this in 1994 and I haven't seen one since, been looking for it again for maybe five years and it is a very, very rare record. It's ten times rarer than You Baby and not only that, it's a very good version. It's certainly rarer than most of the Motown records released on Oriole as far as copies go.

Social source share

Pete, rare UK northern record are all high priced like today when I found the UK soul scene ...about over 10 years ago...

I bought Carl Douglas "serving" Tony Colton"I Stand "etc over 150 GPB in 2002 to 2004

The first my contact with UK northern soul is DECCA NORTHERN SOUL SCENE CD...The very first track, yes ! Frankie And Johnny's I'll hold you ! the track changed my world !

Social source share

Pete, rare UK northern record are all high priced like today when I found the UK soul scene ...about over 10 years ago...

I bought Carl Douglas "serving" Tony Colton"I Stand "etc over 150 GPB in 2002 to 2004

The first my contact with UK northern soul is DECCA NORTHERN SOUL SCENE CD...The very first track, yes ! Frankie And Johnny's I'll hold you ! the track changed my world !

Junji, I gave them the suggestions for the track listing for that CD - and the Pye compilations that came out on Sequel.

Social source share

I can beat that, I paid less than £10 for mine, in the same box was a Pye demo of Tony Colton - I Stand Accused, that was £20. Those were the days. It was 20 years ago though LOL

They saw you coming, Pete...I paid £2 for Jackie Trent (did I tip you off about that one?) and £3.50 for a Tony Colton UK WD...different shops, mind! :thumbsup:

Social source share

Flynny, only 2GBP for Jackie and 3.50 GBP for Tony Colton !!... Those were the days...sounds like dreamworld to me Today!!

JJ

I can top that with a 50p Frankie & Johnny and £3 Tintern Abbey on Deram...actually I gave the guy the 50p for Frankie & Johnny then he called me back and said "Sorry mate, that one was £1 not 50p"

Social source share

pete, unbelievable ! it happend in 70's or early 80's !? Today any Kind of reissue of F&J is higher than the price that you paid

It was at a boot sale on the Oval in Hastings in 1993, the Jackie Trent and Tony Colton came from Grammar School Records in Rye, Sussex in 1994. I used to find some great records when I lived down there, I don't find anything here at all.

Social source share

the Jackie Trent and Tony Colton came from Grammar School Records in Rye, Sussex in 1994.

Really? I used to call on them when I was repping and they didn't do 7"...I once met Neil Tennant from the Pet Shop Boys in there!

Used to love visiting that town...such a beautiful p[art of the country.

JJ...I used to pick up plenty of UK presses when travelling around...Soul Joe Clements, Fathers Angels, Roy Hamilton, Shane Martin etc etc all during the late 80's.

Where are you in Japan...there are a few good places for UK presses in Tokyo!

:hatsoff2:

Social source share

Really? I used to call on them when I was repping and they didn't do 7"...I once met Neil Tennant from the Pet Shop Boys in there!

Used to love visiting that town...such a beautiful p[art of the country.

JJ...I used to pick up plenty of UK presses when travelling around...Soul Joe Clements, Fathers Angels, Roy Hamilton, Shane Martin etc etc all during the late 80's.

Where are you in Japan...there are a few good places for UK presses in Tokyo!

:hatsoff2:

You sure, I was going in there from 84 til I left in 2002 and they always had singles, on the front desk and under the lp racks! Lost count of the 45's I got from there.

Social source share

• 2 weeks later...