Dj's I Wanna Hear Out More At Allnighters

Guest Matt Male

as much as i love my heroes in the past

shouldnt we be concentrating on whos on the scene NOW ,

loads of djs who go niters NOW ...who have the records NOW and would love to dj NOW!!!

Spot on Mark, and from an oldies DJ as well... :lol: See you tomorrow night mate.

Social source share

loads of djs who go niters NOW ...who have the records NOW and would love to dj NOW!!!

Absolutely SPOT ON.

If R.S. is their hero why don't they go see him in Blackpool, his dates are all on soul source.

Not sure but i've heard he is doing his summer season with Emu and Spit the Dog,

surely good enough for anybody. :yes:

In fact if they ask the Authorities nicely they may even let him out of his glass case :D

• Helpful 2
Social source share

I agree to some extent Mark, but it depends whether the DJ's from either the past or the present are gonna add something to the mix or not, RS doin the nostalgia events does nothing for me at all, RS doin a contemporary Allnighter set, full on with his own new cover ups, one offs, exclusives, plus quality interesting reactivations would be immense.

Doesnt matter if the DJ is old skool or new skool, if they aint adding something interesting, whether it be forgotten oldies or 6ts/7ts etc newies, to the mix then its irelevant....I personally dont care how long anyone has been on the scene, its what theyre playing & in what order that matters to me....

Best Russ

Social source share

I can still think of 1000's of records I don't get to hear played out these days tho....sure there are many 1000's of people around the country that could say exactly the same.

Social source share

I take it your using the term Dj loosly Russ, A lot of the "DJs" I hear dont seem to have bothered to learn the basic skills of using a mixer,no matter how long theyve been around. and there are some who dont realise thier whole purpose is to entertaine !! I would agree some of the younger guys have the passion and enthusiasm for soul that many seem to have lost in the mists of Bullshit and pigeon holing of Soul music and to me are a breath of fresh air as they seem to place importance on the quality of the tunes rather than who's playing it and wot it costs.

I have great respect for the knowledge that many of our crowd have when it comes to collecting of rare soul

but that does not make a DJ. , I can think of very few who have confidence in thier choice of tune selected . If the running order is thought out bothe the sets and night as a whole would follow a tried and tested format,

I know Im a bit off topic but wtf , lol.

Social source share

I take it your using the term Dj loosly Russ, A lot of the "DJs" I hear dont seem to have bothered to learn the basic skills of using a mixer,no matter how long theyve been around. and there are some who dont realise thier whole purpose is to entertaine !! I would agree some of the younger guys have the passion and enthusiasm for soul that many seem to have lost in the mists of Bullshit and pigeon holing of Soul music and to me are a breath of fresh air as they seem to place importance on the quality of the tunes rather than who's playing it and wot it costs.

I have great respect for the knowledge that many of our crowd have when it comes to collecting of rare soul

but that does not make a DJ. , I can think of very few who have confidence in thier choice of tune selected . If the running order is thought out bothe the sets and night as a whole would follow a tried and tested format,

I know Im a bit off topic but wtf , lol.

I agree - basic skills a must IMHO, records alone, do not a DJ make, there has to be the whole package. When I was DJing on a weekly basis, it was so much easier, I rarely have the opportunity these days & find it so much more difficult to play out tunes that may not be familiar & to be honest, reading the room is a skill & the more you DJ the better you should be.

Best Russ

Social source share

No disrespect intended to anyone but who does have anything new to offer Russ in all honesty, not many DJ's do these days. Who in reality has a set of "own new cover ups, one offs, exclusives, plus quality interesting reactivations" to offer as a DJ? I can't think of too many? Most are too lazy to go looking for interesting reactivations preferring to carry round a hot box of expensive records most are chasing.

Think this depends very much on what venues you attend Chalky. Whilst its true that sets totally made up of new discoveries/one offs are unlikely to be heard anywhere there are some great clubs around with a decent number of DJs playing sets that are very different to the stuff played in main room all nighters. Mix of underplayed, overlooked, half forgotten and new (to me and many others). But they never DJ in big rooms so lack the exposure that established names get and are therefore never going to make a big impact on the nighter scene. These guys spend huge amount of time listening and digging for interesting records to play but for several reasons will never displace better known names, despite having more passion and enthusiasm....backed up with quality records.

Edited by Guest
Social source share

Here's a few dj's in the Hants/Dorset area that I personally don't get to here out as guests...except @ Ghetto Soul or Soul in the South events simply because they play something different from the tried & tested. Some dj's may chose to decline offers which says a lot in itself, after all why play to a crowd who want the same records week in week out. I just find it sad that these jocks are so limited as to where they can play out with confidence that the crowd will appreciate the quality of a tune & not just whether the records are familiar,known, played at another local club or something that was a floor filler 20-30 years previous.

Tim Smithers

Bearsy

Kev Higham

Sallie Reynolds

Tony Castle

Martin Adams

Steve C

Dave Abbott

Russ Vickers

Jonah

just to name a few.

In my opinion, these dj's should be the pride of this region & guests at ALL the venues on a regular basis, not just once in a blue moon or not at all !!! To add to that all local venues should have a guest who dos'nt just strictly play to the crowd in fear of an empty dance floor....just because he/she had played something that is not normally played at their venue, I've witnessed that one many a time throughout the South Coast/South Central region.

Sorry I've gone off track Russ but in the above region, regular Allniters hav'nt previously existed & hav'nt done so for many years, unless travelling to London or the West Country. However it is connected in a musical aspect...there are some great dj's in the region but with a very small crowd who appreciate them.

Here's hoping this improves for obvious reasons....

Social source share

Think this depends very much on what venues you attend Chalky. Whilst its true that sets totally made up of new discoveries/one offs are unlikely to be heard anywhere there are some great clubs around with a decent number of DJs playing sets that are very different to the stuff played in main room all nighters. Mix of underplayed, overlooked, half forgotten and new (to me and many others). But they never DJ in big rooms so lack the exposure that established names get and are therefore never going to make a big impact on the nighter scene. These guys spend huge amount of time listening and digging for interesting records to play but for several reasons will never displace better known names, despite having more passion and enthusiasm....backed up with quality records.

I don't disagree one bit with you Adam, as well you know we are probably coming from the same direction but lets be honest there is a reason most of what we want to hear is in a side or back room is because there is n't the support to do anything else....Regardless how good the records are. People do not want to stray to far form the traditional northern soul.

• Helpful 3
Social source share

I don't disagree one bit with you Adam, as well you know we are probably coming from the same direction but lets be honest there is a reason most of what we want to hear is in a side or back room is because there is n't the support to do anything else....Regardless how good the records are. People do not want to stray to far form the traditional northern soul.

You're spot on Chalky, nighters that have main rooms playing anything outside of the tried and tested are rarer than the records in Andy Dysons playbox. Lack of support will prob kill off the last couple within a few years and that's the end of northern soul as a music scene, it will purely be a nostalgia/retro scene and the worst part is I don't think that many people will actually care.

Social source share

No disrespect intended to anyone but who does have anything new to offer Russ in all honesty, not many DJ's do these days.

Plenty of Modern DJ's out there playing quality danceable Soul music Chalky.

Just needs people to drop the 'must be rarer than hens teeth & made before a certain year' mentality.

• Helpful 3
Social source share

You're spot on Chalky, nighters that have main rooms playing anything outside of the tried and tested are rarer than the records in Andy Dysons playbox. Lack of support will prob kill off the last couple within a few years and that's the end of northern soul as a music scene, it will purely be a nostalgia/retro scene and the worst part is I don't think that many people will actually care.

I will care Adam.!! Case of last man standing.LOL. (available for bbq's and bar mitzvahs).

• Helpful 1
Social source share

I think youre both right to some degree but I have allways thought the actual numbers of the " hardcore " allnighter crowd has not varied that much since the mid or late 70s, as for it losing support I again would look at the clubs around the South and Manchester which have a regular younger crowd who as we have allways done travel to venues.

If by Allnighters you mean the Larger Events such as stoke ect Take in to account the peoples contact with "soul" many now attend purley as a social thing some maybe only going to a couple a year? Hence staying with what they Know.( those tunes were Great in the 70s and are undeniably still so)

Iv never found the smaller allnighters such as Tonys, Bretby, Dewsbury, the Wilton and now Burnley Bradford and Bury to play a type cast style?

Social source share

Guest gordon russell

Would be far more sensible if nighter djs all had to have a 20min interview with your good self Terry. During which time you can lecture them on what records they can/cannot play, explain how it's about the right sounds in the right venue and teach them to suck eggs.

Nice reply....you had a music policy at "move on" and i,m sure you only invited dj,s who played within your policy same at "ton of dynamite".......problem is/was these were/are only ever viewed as some where to go and have a few beers and listen to some tunes and therefore only attracted a handful of punters by and large at both venues as time has proven in both cases...you couldn,t/can,t get them past that stage ....because it,s all about new stuff wether it,s dance stuff or not (mainly not). People require a mixture that makes up a nights entertainment without being boring and it must be upbeat.......thats the bit all but one promoter fails to get.....so again if a dj don,t play the clubs music policy A don,t ask him B dj turn it down......it ain,t rocket science and it won,t hurt.......atb tezza

Edited by gordon russell
Social source share

Dean Anderson

Kitch

Gilly

Carl Fortnum

Des Parker

Saus (retired I would think ?)

Tony Smith (1)

Dave Abbott

Steve G

Tim Smithers

Irish Greg

Joel Maslin

Trouble

Steve Phylis (spelling)

Fred Kroll

Cliff Camfield

Russ Vickers ( :lol:)

& a personal fave the mighty Karl Heard should deffo do a 'come back' tour.

There are deffo others, so who do you want to see at an ALLNIGHTER bangin em out more than they are now ?.

Best Russ

Thanks for the vote of confidence Russ, I like to think I can still bring something to the table......

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Guest colin brown

Thanks for the vote of confidence Russ, I like to think I can still bring something to the table......

You do Mate,no problem.

Social source share

Nice reply....you had a music policy at "move on" and i,m sure you only invited dj,s who played within your policy same at "ton of dynamite".......problem is/was these were/are only ever viewed as some where to go and have a few beers and listen to some tunes and therefore only attracted a handful of punters by and large at both venues as time has proven in both cases...you couldn,t/can,t get them past that stage ....because it,s all about new stuff wether it,s dance stuff or not (mainly not). People require a mixture that makes up a nights entertainment without being boring and it must be upbeat.......thats the bit all but one promoter fails to get.....so again if a dj don,t play the clubs music policy A don,t ask him B dj turn it down......it ain,t rocket science and it won,t hurt.......atb tezza

Terry...that's a load of cr*p and if you took your head out of your arse for 5 minutes even you would realise it.

You never went to Move On in more than the 2 yeas it was running, despite championing the uptempo/rare cause and living a huge 30mins away so you're basing your intelligent review on what?

Ton of Dynamite is not my promotion and never has been, I am just one of the resident DJs there. You've given it glowing reviews on the times you have visited and it's probably the busiest and most talked about second room around at the moment. Maybe if you managed to not disappear as soon as your mate has finished his spot you'd have a better all-round view of the room.

As for the ever present bitch at DJs, I've already publicly stated I have no desire to DJ at Burnley. So don't get your y-fronts in a twist.

Edited by Guest
Social source share

We should be looking at trying to encouraging the little known dj's (there's loads out there) and use their passion, energy, enthusiasm, spark whatever you want to call it to mix with the already established all-nighter dj's, let them share their professionalism and knowledge for the benefit of both themselves and on the whole...... the nighter scene, put them on at decent times when there is sufficient numbers in the venue for people to form an opinion and maybe they would get a referral to other venues/promoters

To keep the nighter scene going we can't live in the past, certainly do remember it and cherish it but we've got to try and move on for the sake of something we don't want to lose, otherwise guys...........

(no disrespect to anyone/promoter.... just my honest opinion)

Willie.

• Helpful 3
Social source share

Guest gordon russell

Terry...that's a load of cr*p and if you took your head out of your arse for 5 minutes even you would realise it.

You never went to Move On in more than the 2 yeas it was running, despite championing the uptempo/rare cause and living a huge 30mins away so you're basing your intelligent review on what?

Ton of Dynamite is not my promotion and never has been, I am just one of the resident DJs there. You've given it glowing reviews on the times you have visited and it's probably the busiest and most talked about second room around at the moment. Maybe if you managed to not disappear as soon as your mate has finished his spot you'd have a better all-round view of the room.

As for the ever present bitch at DJs, I've already publicly stated I have no desire to DJ at Burnley. So don't get your y-fronts in a twist.

l like a lot of people never went to "move on " for the very reasons i,ve stated ....and if you,d got it right it would still be running. Almost every one who i,ve spoken to who went there said the same.....have a thought about all the people who you,ve had djing there....who said how great it was and never went back....As for ton of dynamite....l stand corrected....you're right of course the dance floor is packed from start to finish.........as for me leaving after my mate has dj'd thats a bit unfair because last time so did everyone else........if you have a problem with my mate djing take it up with him........as for djing at burnley....not my call

Social source share

l like a lot of people never went to "move on " for the very reasons i,ve stated ....and if you,d got it right it would still be running. Almost every one who i,ve spoken to who went there said the same.....have a thought about all the people who you,ve had djing there....who said how great it was and never went back....As for ton of dynamite....l stand corrected....you're right of course the dance floor is packed from start to finish.........as for me leaving after my mate has dj'd thats a bit unfair because last time so did everyone else........if you have a problem with my mate djing take it up with him........as for djing at burnley....not my call

Terry, I don't give a shit about what you think you know about Move On. But seeing as you've raised a few points I'll take a moment to respond to them with my views, Matt's views may well be different to mine.

If we'd got it right it would still be running....no it wouldn't because I had decided I didn't want to carry on because I was happy that the Move On nights had delivered what I had wanted to achieve when I started. So, for me I had got it right.

have a thought about all the people who you,ve had djing there....who said how great it was and never went back...That's a tricky one, how about I instead give a few examples of people who DJed there and also attended on separate dates as paying punters, there was: Karl Heard (3 or 4 times), John McClure, Danny Price, Sean Haydon, Killa, Ezzie, Steve Green, Gospel Bob, Dr Pickles, Steve Csordas to name just a few. Think you might recognise a few of those names??

To quote your own signature Terry 'if ya wanna know....GO!!!' but instead you sat on your arse and just asked other people then make incorrect assumptions that you proclaim as fact which just sums you up nicely. You constantly preach at people about how things should be done but you cant seem to follow your own rules. If it's not your precious Burnley then it's shit, if people disagree they're idiots etc etc. You think you can dictate to DJs about what music they can play when it's not even your promotion.

Already told you I'm not a promoter for Ton of Dynamite but I will say that I have no problem with your mate, who is a nice guy and good DJ. Don't be a total idiot with pathetic comments like this 'as for djing at burnley ...not my call' well obviously not because I have already made it clear that I don't want to DJ there, which was my call.

At least put a bit of effort into your arguments Terry, as it's not much of a challenge pointing out what a clueless idiot you are when you make it so easy.

Social source share

Only one promoter gets it right? What a load of rubbish.

Don't you mean "only one promoter gets it right for you"?

Many other promotions get it right for many out there, plenty of venues far more popular than Burnley so lets get that straight from the off. It is a good night but there's little that isn't already on offer elsewhere so I don't really understand why you keep coming out with some o-f the rubbish you do. I know many who don't go precisely for the reason you do love it. But hey thats what makes this scene so great, the diversity. There is such a thing as over hype and your doing a pretty good job of that and doing a great job inturning people off the venue.

Why do you go out if no one esle gets it right?

You can't blame a DJ for taking any booking. If the DJ goes down like a damp squid then more often than not it is the fault of the promotoer for not taking care in his DJ selections and booking a DJ that suits his crowd. It might suit his taste but might be totally wrong for his paying punters.

I find this post highly upsetting

Not once did Terry mention Burnley in the post you quoted, Burnley is my favourite venue and this sleight is causing me extreme distress.

IMHO The dj's who have contributed to the Burnley sound (Karl Heard, Cliff Camfield etc)

have helped lift this scene off it's arse and dragged it screaming and punching against all the retro lovers and their prefered venues.

New and more youthfull DJ's have to be the future and they must be given a chance,

As i'm already on a warning sorry if I upset anyone with this post

Social source share

Right fellas, we're all mates in the real world, so can we get back on topic pse, any other sh*t, start another thread or take it to PM's...crikey, I sound like a mod.....seriously, some good points on here so far, so dont wanna detract from the essence...

Russ

always enjoyed rob thomas and andy rix when they were out and about
Social source share

Your upset? pity you didn't think of that yesterday with your behaviour. You don't mind slagging off something somone else loves but as soon as someone mentions your favourite venue your upset.

Let's be grown up about it, we all know what veniue Terry is referring to don't we.

So why be upset? I haven't slagged Burnley off, I haven't had a go at the promoter or its DJ's either. Karl, Sean, Cliff etc have my full respect for what they do and have done.

BUT it is ok for Terry to slag off everyone else? What do you expect others to do, sit and take the rubbish he spouts? It is ok for him to say that only one promoter gets it right and that in essence no one else knows what they are doing? It is just utter rubbish. There are plenty of venues that have done either as much or more to get this scene off its arse as you put it. Plenty of venues and promoters that are far from retro lovers or someones preferred venue.

Your beloved venue is playing nothing that others aren't so lets not put it on a pedestal it doesn't rightly deserve. It is ONE of MANY good venues out there playing uptempo dance music. There are plenty out there giving youth its chance, that is fact. BUT whoever DJ's, whatever their age they have to have something to offer that isn't already on offer, youthful exuberance isn't enough. And that is very hard to do. You cannot discard a DJ simply because he is older.

Chalky don't take me so serious, It was a bit tongue in cheek.

i know how passionate you are and you know we all get wound up. Yourself, Ady, Sean and others are giving, shall we say 'our younger element a chance'

We also, all of us need guidance and thats where our older guys come in. I'm sure we all agree that what we need especially in my opinion right now is the right balance.

Our passion can border on anger, as sometimes we all feel a little frustrated because we can't channell the passion into the right direction.

IMHO Promoters such as yourself, Ady, Sean, Kev and all the others need to get together and work out a bloody strategy, cos it just feels as though we are all tearing the scene apart.

Healthy debate is fine but we just keep going around in circles, I look to respected people like yourself to get it sorted out.

By the way, sorry for yesterday, I was little tactless :thumbsup:

• Helpful 2
Social source share

always enjoyed rob thomas and andy rix when they were out and about

At last - Andy Rix....Come on, some one mention Ady Croasdell for gods sake! lol - we don't see these two 'out 'n' about' often enough.

What Chalky mentioned earlier ref the masses now wanting mainly 60's uptempo at nighters is correct. It is now very different to what people wanted in the 90's - I'm forever playing tapes from that era and saying "Christ, you just don't hear this out anymore" - I personaly like it as it was then, but that's me (I may be on my own here, maybe not?)

Remember Winsford 'Teddy Randazzo - You Don't Need A Heart' at 4.00am? - To me, still a nighter sound! :thumbsup:

All the best,

Len.

Edited by LEN
  • Helpful 3
Social source share

Guest gordon russell

hi chalkey........please don,t presume to know whom l was talking about because l actually meant KINGS HALL STOKE......he,s got it right cause he sets it up takes the money and bothers about nowt inbetween......and they all flock to it........in my book thats "got it right" atb tezza

Social source share

hi chalkey........please don,t presume to know whom l was talking about because l actually meant KINGS HALL STOKE......he,s got it right cause he sets it up takes the money and bothers about nowt inbetween......and they all flock to it........in my book thats "got it right" atb tezza

Makes a change for you to talk about someone else :) My apologies.

Why not just say who you are talking about because any other time the only venue who gets it right for you is Burnley. As for Kings Hall, yes it is a fantastic night out but the average punter there aren't your average nighter attendee and it isn't right for everyone'just like any other venue. We all have our own tastes and favourite venues and fave DJ's.

But at the end of the day every promoter should have responsibility when it comes to the progression of the scene, both musically and DJ wise but unfortuately it will nver happen because too many don't see the bigger picture just their own selfish needs.

Any way back to the topic............

Social source share

Paul Barker did a really good sety at Lifeline and I would recommend him to any promoter. He went on at 4 am very nervous but was fazed. Steve G did a great set of dancers and he wasn't stuck to the 60's either. I also enjoyd Ady C and Marc Forrest. Dave Greet can still do the business as well, he was very nervous at Lifeline but packed the floor.

IMO we haven't had one bad guest, all had and still have something different to add to what is on offer, not afraid to play a fiver record followed by a £5K record, age may not be on the side of some but experience and knowledge is something you cannot buy...although a few try!!

• Helpful 3
Social source share

Paul Barker did a really good sety at Lifeline and I would recommend him to any promoter. He went on at 4 am very nervous but was fazed. Steve G did a great set of dancers and he wasn't stuck to the 60's either. I also enjoyd Ady C and Marc Forrest. Dave Greet can still do the business as well, he was very nervous at Lifeline but packed the floor.

IMO we haven't had one bad guest, all had and still have something different to add to what is on offer, not afraid to play a fiver record followed by a £5K record, age may not be on the side of some but experience and knowledge is something you cannot buy...although a few try!!

Guests at LL always bring something to the table Chalky, my only complaint and one I've talked to Andy about is that I would like to see two guests at LL and not just the one. Andy explained his reasoning for one and I fully understand it but I still think an extra guest would add to the mix in a positive way.

Please Forgive My Ignorance But What Is A "Burnley Sound" ? Thank,s

Uptempo, lesser known gritty 60s soul mixed in with some quality classics and underplayed sounds in that same style. That was how I understood it when Phil Kowalski was the promoter and the music when he was running it was superb. Didn't always get along with Phil personally but he was great at running Burnley.

But I'm not sure if the current Burnley would come under that same music 'banner'.

Social source share

Personally, I think most people on this thread agree with one another in general. What seems to happen tho is many just argue the toss then turn around and agree with each other in the end ??

Progression is important obviously, but how can we get more people to just open up to the wider music spectrum of our scene ?? Instead of just the knit picking that seems to happen on a daily basis....

Most of these arguments seem to be about frustration, something we all feel !!!

So what is the constructive way forward ??

Social source share

I've only ever Heard (pun intended) good things about Burnley, and certainly some dashingly good soul 45s seem to have been championed there, but I would say that repeatedly going on about any venue whilst c*nting other people off is a particularly bad form of advertising and not fair on the venue, the punters or the DJs who've made it great.

• Helpful 3
Social source share

So what is the constructive way forward ??

I think the best way forward is for us to stop analysing it too much and just 'do it', before time really does 'pass us by'.....Ahem, says I - Mr 'Analysis Paralysis' :D ...Yup, I'm just as guilty as the next person but it's because we care so much isn't it?....

.....But whilst we are analysing :D - Ref having more guest D.J's on - It must be a very hard decision for a promoter of any big event to give a relatively inexperienced D.J the responsibility of doing a spot because if they didn't quite 'hit the mark' it could really damage the events future - That will be the bit of the night that people will focus on even though everyone will know that the poor D.J in question probably won't be asked back again for that particular event.

I know Ady Croasdell has given lots of relatively inexperienced D.J's spots down at The 100 Club over the years and that has worked really well. As he says himself, it has given an added dimension to each night. I think his experience in itself makes for good choices, but I also think as The 100 Club is a smaller venue than the big nighters, there is most probably a slighter less risk, if that makes sense.

....There's now the added problem of even more fragmented music tastes than ever before, so how the heck you can please half the people, let alone all the people, I do not know! ..."You say Tomangoes, I say tomatoes, tomangoes, tomatoes, tomangoes, tomatoes, let's call the whole thing off" :D

All the best,

Len.

Edited by LEN
  • Helpful 2
Social source share

'I know Ady Croasdell has given lots of relatively inexperienced D.J's spots down at The 100 Club over the years and that has worked really well. As he says himself, it has given an added dimension to each night. I think his experience in itself makes for good choices, but I also think as The 100 Club is a smaller venue than the big nighters, there is most probably a slighter less risk, if that makes sense.'

Totally agree Len - and Ady has to be commended for consistently bringing new soul lovers and DJs into the fold - it's great because it's inclusive and you get the immediate sense of being part of something very special. You can't put a value on that - and the proof of the pudding is how many stay with the scene (in the South at least) because of the 100 Club - I know I did because of it. I imagine it's the same for other soulies now, both young and old.

He is of course also in the enviable position of being able to fall back on three of the hardest working jocks in the business in Mick, Keith and Butch who have an unparalleled collection of soul records between them - not to mention the quality of the bank of frequent 100 club guests (Roger, Tony, Marco, Ion, Alan H, Greg, Pete to name just a few).

ps. Some people might say Tomangots. But they'd be wrong.

Edited by corbett80
  • Helpful 2
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!