Jeanie Tracy How Much Wtf

Guest Awake 502

i rate it at £800 or so but you never see it with mint labels like johns copy....one of my favorite tunes

Mine has mint labels :)

Jeanie is on Facebook and was talking of re-releasing it not so long ago...

Social source share

mine has mint vinyl & close to mint label.

it would be hard to have mint labels on brown door 45s,as its so easy to mark the ink on this label.

just like the dorothy morrison 45.

apart from yours awake502,lol.

Edited by sepia
Social source share

sold mine at rock city for £8 ( 1985 tho :D ) to be honest it never really moved me. Think it came from the big batch of 70's that Sam got off Tim, hundreds of em at 50p each, Sam being the profiteer he is charged me £1.

that surprise's me that it dosnt move you arthur.

everytime ive heard you & sam double up djn.you's play all the records i love.

i thought we had he same taste,lol.

Edited by sepia
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

Brilliant but very short for a 70's record?

Just over 2 minutes isn't it?

Dunt leave you long to get another 'un chosen and ready on the next deck :-)

Maybe someone else was waiting to go into the studio Steve :lol:

Edited by Steve G
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

Brilliant but very short for a 70's record?

Just over 2 minutes isn't it?

Dunt leave you long to get another 'un chosen and ready on the next deck :-)

your right steve.but dont play felony theft / when you have love after it like i do as thats even shorter,lol.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Guest giant

See the finishing price on J M s Jeanie Tracy - I know it 's a minter but £1161 - what rece :ohmy: ssion ???

some joker wanted it badly ' imo no more than £450 to £600

Edited by giant
Social source share

See the finishing price on J M s Jeanie Tracy - I know it 's a minter but £1161 - what rece :ohmy: ssion ???

All the Brown Door 45s must have come over in similar quantities in the 70s I pounced on the Marvin Holmes at a Ritz all dayer for £2.00 it was the most popular at the time a few months later I got the Dorothy Morrison for a quid of Soul Bowl, but the Jeannie Tracey always eluded me, looks like I'll never own one now lol.

I'd be suspicious of one with a mint label all the ones I've seen are slightly faded, stacked perhaps, while the ink was still wet

Edited by sjclement
Social source share

Maybe someone else was waiting to go into the studio Steve :lol:

the promatics probably........... :) as i said. mine has great vinyl but a little wear on label...one of the better copies ive seen.... not seen a promatics 45 on brown door for ages.

Edited by dave pinch
Social source share

All the Brown Door 45s must have come over in similar quantities in the 70s I pounced on the Marvin Holmes at a Ritz all dayer for £2.00 it was the most popular at the time a few months later I got the Dorothy Morrison for a quid of Soul Bowl, but the Jeannie Tracey always eluded me, looks like I'll never own one now lol.

I'd be suspicious of one with a mint label all the ones I've seen are slightly faded, stacked perhaps, while the ink was still wet

Maybe this one was stacked on top :D

Social source share

All Brown Door in quantity? I've never seen many Promatics over the years, only one for sale of the slower take.

Social source share

All Brown Door in quantity? I've never seen many Promatics over the years, only one for sale of the slower take.

Sorry, should have clarified , all Brown door that got Mecca plays at the time and proved popular giving them reason to be imported.

Not seen John Turk, Faye Marshall or either of the other Marvin Holmes singles, How many albums were released?

Social source share

Guest jinx74

promatics and the jeanie tracy are the hardest to find on the label in my opinion. ive only had two of each ever. the silver labeled faye is the next tough pull. the holmes and turk (brown and yellow labels) pop up regularly. not in stores but in house buys. they were popular.

LP wise i only know of the two that Marvin put out. its possible there is more but ive never heard or seen anything else.

Social source share

promatics and the jeanie tracy are the hardest to find on the label in my opinion. ive only had two of each ever. the silver labeled faye is the next tough pull. the holmes and turk (brown and yellow labels) pop up regularly. not in stores but in house buys. they were popular.

LP wise i only know of the two that Marvin put out. its possible there is more but ive never heard or seen anything else.

have you had both promatics numbers? there is a slow version and a fast version (they're one catalog number apart). The member I talked to told me that they initially recorded the slow version but later went back to the studio to cut a faster version to try to get disco play.

Social source share

Just to clarify the "slow version" of the Promatics is a fine crossover record with a nice heavy backbeat booming along in the style of groups like New York City / Spinners etc. It's not really slow, more midpace, just in case anyone things it's like a ballad or something....Steve

Edited by Steve G
Social source share

• 2 weeks later...
Guest jinx74

have you had both promatics numbers? there is a slow version and a fast version (they're one catalog number apart). The member I talked to told me that they initially recorded the slow version but later went back to the studio to cut a faster version to try to get disco play.

never the fast one. ive never seen a copy other than in a photo. i was lucky enough to see the promatics do a show here in SF about 5-6yrs ago. got my copy of their record signed too.

Social source share

• 2 weeks later...

Remember buying a Jeanie Tracey at St Ives allnighter 77/78 ish for £3 , . only picked it up because I knew the Marvin Holmes - you better keep her , and hoped it would be as good , think it sat in one of my boxes for 20 odd years , always thought it was ok but prefered Dorothy Morrison in those days.

Think I eventually sold it on for £20 in the 90s

Edited by midnight brew
Social source share

Remember buying a Jeanie Tracey at St Ives allnighter 77/78 ish for £3 , . only picked it up because I knew the Marvin Holmes - you better keep her , and hoped it would be as good , think it sat in one of my boxes for 20 odd years , always thought it was ok but prefered Dorothy Morrison in those days.

Think I eventually sold it on for £20 in the 90s

Hi tony

Yes I bought one in late 70's for tenner at Blackpool sold it for 40 around 20 years ago. Wish I hd kept it! Yeah I preferred Dorothy Morrison back in the day

Andy

Edited by AndyL
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!